Nike Performance Running Master Thread

Quick question about the NRC app: when you do intervals, does the app still track your distance during rest periods? I tend to walk during recovery periods, but I don't feel it is accurate if it is tracking my distance since I'm not running.

I put this in the Pegasus thread, but figured I'd throw it over here as well.

The believeintherun guy’s review sold me on these and they showed up from RW yesterday. Looking forward to comparing them to the PegTurbo. These are the Reebok Floatride Run Fast (the cheaper model, not the $250 “Pro” model):

45B06675-4324-41EF-B44E-8DDA1CC65265.jpeg 7D0258FF-7BF7-4985-804E-90CCFE0C205A.jpeg 956C49C8-6402-40EA-8B27-694A0BCF5A7B.jpeg B84EF2EA-7611-4B68-AB8F-1A49454BADBA.jpeg CA2B8CBD-B45E-4CF1-8DF1-99F5616FD154.jpeg

K, did my recovery run in the Floatride's plus some strides after. I like them. TTS works for me. The bounce is there from the Pebax, but the setup is kinda the reverse of the Turbo where in the Turbo the ZoomX is on top of the React, in the Floatride the Pebax is on the bottom and there's a harder foam or something over the top of it. It makes the cushioning feel somewhere between the Peg35 and the Turbo. Still bouncier than Peg35, no doubt, but firmer than the Turbo. The Turbo feels almost mushy compared to the Floatride's, not that that's a bad thing, depending on what kind of run you're doing. I did a 90 minute easy run on the trail in the Turbos this morning, and I'll stick with them over the Floatride's for that (Epic React for that though if I'm on pavement!! no question there). I've also been doing my last few long runs in the Turbos on pavement (over the VF, eeek!), and I feel like these would be a bit too firm for that. I agree with believeintherun, these feel more like a racing flat than a trainer. He compared them to the Streak 6, but the Floatrides are definitely softer. I can potentially see myself wearing the floatride's in shorter races, 10k or less, where maybe I want a slightly firmer ride than the VF. For distances over 10km, still sticking with the Vaporfly. I'm debating on trying these on my 60 minute MP tempo tomorrow, haven't decided yet (normally VF for that run).

Edit: BTW, the traction on these is really good on the trail! On the road, the outsole makes a weird sound like it's pealing off the ground due to all of the mini-lugs (tons of them).

IMG_1262.JPG

Quick question about the NRC app: when you do intervals, does the app still track your distance during rest periods? I tend to walk during recovery periods, but I don't feel it is accurate if it is tracking my distance since I'm not running.

I believe it doesn't, just make sure you have the "auto-pause/start" option disabled, so you can start/stop manually. I'm a sprinter, so I'm doing fast work, primarily, but don't even bother with the app, I just have a document on my phone where I write stuff down. Granted, I'm doing distances so short that the app becomes non-viable.

don't sure here's the right place to ask, but if we're talking about performance
has someone tried it?
Maurten-Gel100-sachet_950x950_crop_center.progressive.jpg

I tried to buy a box from Fleet Feet but they were sold out. I’m curious too. Though I only use gels when I race. Only water during training.

I have tried them and they are different than other gels like SiS or Powergel. The Maurten gel has a neutral flavour which only taste like sweetness just like their 320 and 160 mixure. The biggest difference is the structure of the gel. It is a thicker / chewier and not as liquid / runny (if that is a word) as other gels. The gel desolves quickly in the mouth and is really easy to digest. I have a stomach that cannot handle the Powergel and SiS very well and with the Maurten stuff I dont have the problems. Only tried them on a shorter run but they felt really good so the Berlin Marathon next sunday will be the real test.

I tried to buy a box from Fleet Feet but they were sold out. I’m curious too. Though I only use gels when I race. Only water during training.

I’m running the Chi marathon in a few weeks and hope to pick up a couple at the expo if they sell them individually.

I’m hoping they sell these individually at the Chi marathon expo. It’s a steep price for a box but if I know it works I’d be happy to pay.

As somebody who has never used gels; what’s so different about that specific one instead of the others?

In short, they put the carbs/electrolytes inside very tiny gel capsules, making it so that the energy isn't released until further down your GI tract, not directly in your stomach, i.e. easier on your stomach. A bunch of the top elites are using the drink version lately, including the man himself, Eliud Kipchoge (he first used it during Breaking2). Kenny Bekele was using it during his 2:03 Berlin marathon run as well.

Here's the quote from the fleet feet page (https://www.fleetfeet.com/products/maurten-gel-100):

"Traditional sports drinks release loads of sugar into your stomach, which can tax your digestive system, causing distress and potentially ruining your race. But Maurten found a way to have your carbs and eat them, too.

Maurten’s Gel 100 employs the same hydrogel technology developed for its Drink Mix 160 and Drink Mix 320. The hydrogel makes it easier to digest high concentrations of carbohydrates and electrolytes by trapping them in a 3D structure, like medicine in a capsule. That structure carries the nutrients into your intestines where they are released and absorbed by your body."

Current trainers are peg 35s but looking for softer cushion. Never tried on og zoom flys but very interested in the zoom fly 2/flyknits. Anybody tried the new ones or ogs? These new colors are promising
nike-zoom-fly-flyknit-pure-platinum.jpg

nike-zoom-fly-flyknit-black.jpg

Current trainers are peg 35s but looking for softer cushion. Never tried on og zoom flys but very interested in the zoom fly 2/flyknits. Anybody tried the new ones or ogs? These new colors are promising
nike-zoom-fly-flyknit-pure-platinum.jpg

nike-zoom-fly-flyknit-black.jpg

I have the new version of the ZF as well as the original. The new version is a big upgrade in my opinion. However, the ZF and Pegasus 35 are much different shoes. The Pegasus are an all around shoe that can handle all your training while the ZF are geared toward faster running and racing. I think the ZF are actually firmer than the Pegasus.

If you like the Pegasus 35 and want something softer, I would check out the Pegasus Turbo. The combination of ZoomX and React foams give the midsole softness while also have bounce and responsiveness.

I put this in the Pegasus thread, but figured I'd throw it over here as well.

The believeintherun guy’s review sold me on these and they showed up from RW yesterday. Looking forward to comparing them to the PegTurbo. These are the Reebok Floatride Run Fast (the cheaper model, not the $250 “Pro” model):

45B06675-4324-41EF-B44E-8DDA1CC65265.jpeg 7D0258FF-7BF7-4985-804E-90CCFE0C205A.jpeg 956C49C8-6402-40EA-8B27-694A0BCF5A7B.jpeg B84EF2EA-7611-4B68-AB8F-1A49454BADBA.jpeg CA2B8CBD-B45E-4CF1-8DF1-99F5616FD154.jpeg

K, did my recovery run in the Floatride's plus some strides after. I like them. TTS works for me. The bounce is there from the Pebax, but the setup is kinda the reverse of the Turbo where in the Turbo the ZoomX is on top of the React, in the Floatride the Pebax is on the bottom and there's a harder foam or something over the top of it. It makes the cushioning feel somewhere between the Peg35 and the Turbo. Still bouncier than Peg35, no doubt, but firmer than the Turbo. The Turbo feels almost mushy compared to the Floatride's, not that that's a bad thing, depending on what kind of run you're doing. I did a 90 minute easy run on the trail in the Turbos this morning, and I'll stick with them over the Floatride's for that (Epic React for that though if I'm on pavement!! no question there). I've also been doing my last few long runs in the Turbos on pavement (over the VF, eeek!), and I feel like these would be a bit too firm for that. I agree with believeintherun, these feel more like a racing flat than a trainer. He compared them to the Streak 6, but the Floatrides are definitely softer. I can potentially see myself wearing the floatride's in shorter races, 10k or less, where maybe I want a slightly firmer ride than the VF. For distances over 10km, still sticking with the Vaporfly. I'm debating on trying these on my 60 minute MP tempo tomorrow, haven't decided yet (normally VF for that run).

Edit: BTW, the traction on these is really good on the trail! On the road, the outsole makes a weird sound like it's pealing off the ground due to all of the mini-lugs (tons of them).

IMG_1262.JPG

How are you feeling about these after more runs? I am struggling to get along with them as my feet do not feel well locked down and seem to move around in the shoe slightly. I can also feel the lugs on the sole flexing a little which spoils the ground feel.

How are you feeling about these after more runs? I am struggling to get along with them as my feet do not feel well locked down and seem to move around in the shoe slightly. I can also feel the lugs on the sole flexing a little which spoils the ground feel.

I actually haven't run in them since. I just ran a HM yesterday and was in a heavy training block leading up to that, so I went with my VF for my workouts to keep the legs fresh. Now that the race is behind me, I plan on taking these out again because I did like how they felt. I know what you mean about the lugs. You do get that weird sensation that they're straining as they're being bent against the ground and they make kind of weird noise that indicates that. It didn't bother me though. In terms of the fit of the upper, I thought they were good and snug, no problems there for me. I'll post back once I've taken these out again. Maybe I'll do a tempo in them on Friday. I just raced, so it'll probably be a lighter effort than usual, so that would be a good test for them I think

Just checked out the track at the park near me and it was very rough. Like the rubber is half gone and it's pretty crowded. It doesn't even allow spikes. Did my 300s in Pegasus and then some starts on the field.

Side note from being Nike thread, HokaOneOne just re-released Clifton 1. It seems many people are very happy about it. Is it really that good?

Although I love the Cliftons. My go to's are currently the Nike Odyssey reacts... Loving these the more I run in them.. Just started back running in Nikes. The cushion setup in the Vomero 10 were a bit too stiff and The Peg 31's only had zoom cushion in the heel. This tells you how long ago I've ran in Nikes.

20181015_220415.jpg
20181015_220457.jpg

Side note from being Nike thread, HokaOneOne just re-released Clifton 1. It seems many people are very happy about it. Is it really that good?

Honestly, I think the Clifton 1 is one of the best running shoes ever made. Weighed less than a Nike Free at the time (and on par with them now), with the cushioning of a Brooks Glycerin.

The "Ugly Sweater" concept on these Brooks Levitate 2s was executed to PERFECTION. The jingle bells are such a nice touch! lol
Brooks - Ugly Sweater.JPG

Brooks Levitate 2 - Ugly Sweater.jpg

I'm very interested to purchase. Which Nike model would be the most similar to them? Pegasus?

Back
Top Bottom