Nike Performance Running Master Thread

I have a pair and really like them; however, there are a little firmer than prior versions.

That's what I have heard from the limited reviews I have seen. It seems like the two technologies (React and Zoom Air) are a little on the opposite spectrum. I wasn't sure how the mix of the two would work together.

I'm having grief with my pair of Peg 35's training for London, left foot showing signs of tendonitis above the big toe. Thinking it might be caused by wide-lacing the upper a little too much. Thoughts welcome!

Now my 88 Racers have Zoom Air :smile:
A3386562-B56B-414A-9832-1F9603CBBACD.jpeg

Scored Turbos for $100 and ZF SP for $40 at the outlet this weekend. Both in a 13 (same as my regular ZF), I ran a 6mi interval yesterday in the SP and they were a little snug but not to the point of being uncomfortable/unwearable.

Will be taking the Turbos for a tempo run tomorrow. Really excited to feel the ZoomX for the first time.

This pic is crazy to think these are both the same size...
664E8062-DDB1-492B-933C-5BBC94674BB4.jpeg

I know this is a nike thread, but I got caught up in the boost wave about a year ago. now I'm stuck with all these boost sneakers and was thinking of just running them into the ground.

Any tips/things I should worry about when running in boost? I've got ultra boost 3.0s and speedfactory AM4LA that I'm going to begin running in. My current mindset is to use these for shortruns (4-10 miles) and then anything longer than that, use Peg Turbos.

I know this is a nike thread, but I got caught up in the boost wave about a year ago. now I'm stuck with all these boost sneakers and was thinking of just running them into the ground.

Any tips/things I should worry about when running in boost? I've got ultra boost 3.0s and speedfactory AM4LA that I'm going to begin running in. My current mindset is to use these for shortruns (4-10 miles) and then anything longer than that, use Peg Turbos.

I'm no running shoe expert, but I think the two boosts you have are in the same class as the Peg Turbo: longer mileage training shoes. Your boosts are a bit heavy, but that's actually good for a training shoe. All 3 have lots of foam cushion and work for anything from heel to forefoot strikes. Your two boosts are known for not having much foot lockdown, so make sure your laces are tied and aligned properly. Other than that, don't overthink it, just run.

Yeah, I’m scared to run in my Vaporfly 4%.

Want to see what’s up with the Pegasus Turbo.
Been running Turbos since Oct, no complaints..Ive only been able to run on treadmills due to where I am for work, but they have held up well..I have the 4% at the house waiting for me when I get back, so im interested to see the difference in ride.

Does anyone here have flat feet (genetics, not weak arches) and can get away with wearing some of nike's faster shoes like the streak, ZF or VF?

Does anyone here have flat feet (genetics, not weak arches) and can get away with wearing some of nike's faster shoes like the streak, ZF or VF?
I kinda do and I could not wear either shoe. Anything with too much extra bounce just doesn’t work well with me.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I've had decent success with lunarglides but each time i've tried a neutral shoe i've had immediate issues. My latest attempt was with the new balance beacon. I wore it for 3 short runs and within the first few minutes of each run I would develop a sharp pain in my right knee. I gave up on them so I went to a local running store and tried the structure 22 but I felt like the forefoot zoom pocket was too disruptive. I ended up with the new balance 860v9 and i've been able to run in them without any issues so far but I know i'm missing on some of the latest & greatest technologies and developments in the running scene...

Long story short, I was born with Extremely collapsed arches/flat feet, after playing basketball as a kid my feet would be on fire but I didnt think anyting of it.. It really didn't bother me until I Joined the Military where you pretty much have to run a PT test to stay in the military..The more running I did, The worse the shin splints/lower back pain was. I went to a podiatrist and had soles made for my lunarglides, eventually got approved for surgery where they arched my foot by inserting a wedge in my ankle, pins to straighten them as well as lengthening my achillies..All told each foot took about 6 weeks to heal and out of cast/boot and another 4-6 of rehab learning how to walk/run again. 8 years later I have no running issues, no pain, I usually run in Nikes lunarglide/ Flyknit/Pegs or NB fresh foam
and im lapping all the young bucks on the track

I have a friend with extremely flat feet, no arch at all. He heard I mod shoes so asked me for help. What we eventually came up with is to take the insole out of a shoe with a soft foam bedding inside, like the Epic Reacts or Peg Turbos, cut away the arch flare on the insole with a pair of scissors, put it back in. Now the taller insole and shorter arch form a flat surface for the foot to ride on. This only works with shoes with a foam midsole arch. He seems to be happy with the simple mod.

I have a friend with extremely flat feet, no arch at all. He heard I mod shoes so asked me for help. What we eventually came up with is to take the insole out of a shoe with a soft foam bedding inside, like the Epic Reacts or Peg Turbos, cut away the arch flare on the insole with a pair of scissors, put it back in. Now the taller insole and shorter arch form a flat surface for the foot to ride on. This only works with shoes with a foam midsole arch. He seems to be happy with the simple mod.
This is an ingenious and interesting solution, to "flatten" the arch inside the shoe to align with the flat nature of the foot... does your friend run long distances?

does your friend run long distances?

No, he works out every day at a gym, which includes some treadmill time, but he is not a hard core runner. His job requires over 25K steps a day, though, and he says "I can finally wear Nike shoes!" so he must like the solution. The cut has to be just right. If you take off too little, then there is a ridge you feel under your midfoot, and if you take off too much, then there is a gap you can feel.

DDA6CFD8-73E5-414A-B8EE-47AF0088A5AD.jpeg
EC19CCAE-F94E-4289-B07B-422D34E59E78.jpeg
53F4C1A8-DD38-47A4-8CE4-FF27D1F2E05C.jpeg

I had just found a pair of Humaras at a good price and now realized the color is very similar to my current trail shoe - the Wildhorse 4. Nike Trail brand history - then and now.

Hey all, I have a 20% NDC that's expiring soon and was wondering if you guys had any gear recommendations. Apparel and accessories, mostly. I'm pretty much set for shoes at the moment (Peg 35s, Peg Turbos, Vomero 13, FK Vaporflys).

Is there a specific shirt you like? Shorts? Let me know!

Blue Ribbon Sports
nike-running-brs-pack-capsule-collection-1.jpg

nike-running-brs-pack-capsule-collection-3.jpg

nike-running-brs-pack-capsule-collection-2.jpg
nike-running-brs-pack-capsule-collection-4.jpg
nike-running-brs-pack-capsule-collection-6.jpg

nike-running-brs-pack-capsule-collection-5.jpg

Wow this is all the way dope. Blue Ribbon started it all way before there was Nike. This is a nice way to pay homage to the heritage of what became Nike a few years later. Really like the track fit.

Back
Top Bottom