Nike players wearing Adidas stuff

Originally Posted by goosebear10

Im still waiting on your evidence that nike is losing to adidas.I should have included the article of adidas losing 97% in the first quarter as well.how bout you keep this about nike and adidas and you versus everyone else rather than going after what people do on the side.It makes you look like you dont have a leg to stand on with your arguments and you need to attack people and try to marginalize them to make your point more valid in your eyes.....oh yah you dont have a leg to stand on..never mind.
I never said that Nike is losing to Adidas. I am sorry that you cannot read, lacking in comprehension. Illiteracy can be erased though! What Istated was that Nike is losing popularity. Even Method Man doesn't wear their crap anymore. I also said that Adidas is on the rise, showing a strongerupward curve.

Originally Posted by TOWEH

ya mama

So all that you said, and this is what it comes down to? Shame. Even if we were in person, I would not slap you down, I'd simply walk away. You arepathetic as a human being.

Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I HAVE YET TO SEE SALES FIGURES IN ANY THREAD FOR ADIDAS BASKETBALL SHOES VS NIKE SHOES.

That is not how you judge how well a company is doing, but obviously you don't know that. As I said, look at how well Nike was doing 5 years ago, and what they are doing now. Then look at the upswing of Adidas, do the research, then see how out of touch you really are.

that's just ridiculous.

look at every company 5 years ago compared to now. most of them are down.

and if you want to look more, Nike is currently trading at $65, while adidas is less than half that.

426415-125606703459914-Chuck-Carnevale.jpg

so, there are the numbers. looks like Nike is doing better than they were 5 years ago.

Im still waiting on your evidence that nike is losing to adidas.I should have included the article of adidas losing 97% in the first quarter as well.how bout you keep this about nike and adidas and you versus everyone else rather than going after what people do on the side.It makes you look like you dont have a leg to stand on with your arguments and you need to attack people and try to marginalize them to make your point more valid in your eyes.....oh yah you dont have a leg to stand on..never mind.
I never said that Nike is losing to Adidas. I am sorry that you cannot read, lacking in comprehension. Illiteracy can be erased though! What I stated was that Nike is losing popularity. Even Method Man doesn't wear their crap anymore. I also said that Adidas is on the rise, showing a stronger upward curve.
riiigghht says the guy who's arguement stems from a company who lost 97% and 93% in quarters 1 and 2 this year...oh and by the way..adidas islosing in china as well to li ning..

file.png

file.png

just in case you think I made that up here is adidas stock quote

so after all of that how is adidas more popular or gaining popularity when theyre dropping across the board much less basketball..

but I guess you were sipping too much of this guy's kool-aid

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/NKE

This was the last business day....I'll be back tomorrow for a more accurate assesment for what has happened over the past few years for Nike, as it hasbeen down down down. Not only that, as I stated, the House Of Hoops thing has flopped, especially the one in Harlem, as they are shipping out inventory toother footlockers in NYC, 34 street to be exact., where it still isn't selling. But Goosebear, you are a victim, no, loyalist to selective reasoning, whichreally doesn't bother me. I am just wondering what kinda deal you have with Nike, eh? Do they feel that you are some kind of "influencer", or doeven they ignore your putrid reviews? Neither would surprise me at all.

reeeelax.. at the end of the day, the players are businessmen... i'm sure some of em have their own opinions, but they gotta do what it takes to make themmillions.

This was the last business day....I'll be back tomorrow for a more accurate assesment for what has happened over the past few years for Nike, as it has been down down down. Not only that, as I stated, the House Of Hoops thing has flopped, especially the one in Harlem, as they are shipping out inventory to other footlockers in NYC, 34 street to be exact., where it still isn't selling. But Goosebear, you are a victim, no, loyalist to selective reasoning, which really doesn't bother me. I am just wondering what kinda deal you have with Nike, eh? Do they feel that you are some kind of "influencer", or do even they ignore your putrid reviews? Neither would surprise me at all.

i will be vey interested to see what you post considering i already posted what Nike has done over the last 10 years. it is clearly NOT "down downdown".

you posted 1 days worth of exchanges. that does not help your argument. 1 day does not equal 5 years.

Nike's EPS (earnings per share) is up over $1.50 from 5 years ago. that's HUGE! most companies are thrilled if they are over 50 cents a share, muchless a $1.50.

...but, i await your "accurate assessment" based on facts with data, and not opinions based on your own experiences.

Whine? Not at all.

You're anti-nike views have always been interesting or at the very least somewhat entertaining. I actually hope you can refrain from the personal attacksthat got you banned before and just keep up with the debate about the topics being discussed in various threads. Or even start your own topics and debatewhatever you want.

Attacking nike is perfectly fine, hell if no one ever complained about them this forum would be kinda pointless. Just avoid making it personal this timearound.

Originally Posted by Manglor

Whine? Not at all.

You're anti-nike views have always been interesting or at the very least somewhat entertaining. I actually hope you can refrain from the personal attacks that got you banned before and just keep up with the debate about the topics being discussed in various threads. Or even start your own topics and debate whatever you want.

Attacking nike is perfectly fine, hell if no one ever complained about them this forum would be kinda pointless. Just avoid making it personal this time around.
laugh.gif
He might be able to do it. I don't know though. Likeyou said, bashing Nike is okay, just don't do it without any valid information beyond a personal opinion.

I had to put this thread on the backburner.

This was the last business day....I'll be back tomorrow for a more accurate assesment for what has happened over the past few years for Nike, as it has been down down down. Not only that, as I stated, the House Of Hoops thing has flopped, especially the one in Harlem, as they are shipping out inventory to other footlockers in NYC, 34 street to be exact., where it still isn't selling. But Goosebear, you are a victim, no, loyalist to selective reasoning, which really doesn't bother me. I am just wondering what kinda deal you have with Nike, eh? Do they feel that you are some kind of "influencer", or do even they ignore your putrid reviews? Neither would surprise me at all.
see what I dont understand is your need to get at me about what I do on the side..all I did was give you articles debunking your theory..I dontneed to change your mind I just need to show youre wrong.you seem to need to get at me about my blog because you dont have anything else to stand on...eitherbring your proof that you swear by or start another argument about something else so you can be proven wrong again

Could someone fill us in on what really happened w/ the Rock Deep situation? I am curious and have heard several different accounts.

Damn.. only three JD Rone? Hmmm... sounds interesting.. maybe you could ask DC... or someone else.. Or you could have PMed me.. but then i would have told youwhy ask now? But hey.. everyone loves a good story... plus someone new on NT with 71 posts... I wonder who they are..

I'll have to check the IP on that one...lol

Edit: Maybe you should open up a brand new thread and ask the question... then we can reference this thread for why you happen to ask a forum but not theperson which you speak of. Hmmmmm. I love the curious.

Only "three" what?

I'm not particularly new to NikeTalk (relatively speaking, I suppose) and am definitely not worth wondering about.
laugh.gif

I posited the question to the entire board because I read your account(s) in your "Wolf Blitzer Report" and that "Open Letter" last summer.I had completely forgotten about the incident until I visited here and was reminded of the circumstances by Dark Chocolate. His sequence of events differedfrom the tale you told, which differed from what I heard from others. I'm not trying to "call you out", I was merely curious as to why lingeringfeelings about a seemingly trivial issue seem to keep reoccuring around these parts.

They only come up from DC... cause he likes me...No one else does...and I just think he has a thing for me. Its been almost two years now...and everyone hastheir hear say. Yet its why I really care less and chuckle about it.

I didn't see this post when it was originally posted.

But I always chuckled a little bit when Adidas made their "powerbands" silver. Especially when they've been around and the sleeves can be onecolour. Just one of those overt marketing pushes.

Rock

Have you heard anything about next years NFL Apparel/Uniform contract?? "We" usually see the catalog of next years stuff but haven't this yearbecause we heard that Under Armour is pushing real hard to get it.

Don't get me wrong I'm a Nike homer, but some of the stuff that Reebok gives us is very nice and hey its free. But I've seen what Under Armour doesfor NCAA teams and its just straight BORING. I the Nike Elite stuff that Maryland had in 2000 - 2004 was SSSIIICCCKKKKK. Now its just a bunch of plain boringdull garbage!

Why doesn't Nike want to get that contract? With all the NFL apparel that I see for sale, especially here in Baltimore. I just don't see how they LOSEmoney. They apparel for Texas, Florida, USC, etc is just so much nicer.

And !*!, is Ray Lewis getting fined for that mock turtleneck with the UA logo showing? Or are they just paying the fine FOR him. Why the hell didn't hesign with Jordan in 2002-2003 when he was seen wearing all that stuff.

Then you have the materialistic *Real Housewives of Atlanta* types, those who wear Nike shoes simply because they are expensive and rare. There was a great article in the Village voice that addressed this, and how parents are starting to reject this crap *culture* for what it is. Materialistic behaviour filled with pretense. These guys don't even play in the shoes, and some of them are quick to put up a review about a shoe, that they've never played in, just to try and get into Nikes good graces. They, Nike will never turn down good ad and product placement.
Wait....didnt Coach Hubie attend Fashion Week with those "Real Houswives" types and told us how fashionable Adidas was and how Nikewasnt??? Aint that some materialistic behaviour filled with pretense. Then again Jack Johnson told us a white NBA player was banned for performance enhancingdrugs when there wasnt (He has friends in the "L" but doesnt know the difference between Birdman, Matt Geiger or Don Maclean....you know what I cando there right). Shows what he's about and its not fact based discussions.

Originally Posted by HMack007

Rock

Have you heard anything about next years NFL Apparel/Uniform contract?? "We" usually see the catalog of next years stuff but haven't this year because we heard that Under Armour is pushing real hard to get it.

Don't get me wrong I'm a Nike homer, but some of the stuff that Reebok gives us is very nice and hey its free. But I've seen what Under Armour does for NCAA teams and its just straight BORING. I the Nike Elite stuff that Maryland had in 2000 - 2004 was SSSIIICCCKKKKK. Now its just a bunch of plain boring dull garbage!

Why doesn't Nike want to get that contract? With all the NFL apparel that I see for sale, especially here in Baltimore. I just don't see how they LOSE money. They apparel for Texas, Florida, USC, etc is just so much nicer.

And !*!, is Ray Lewis getting fined for that mock turtleneck with the UA logo showing? Or are they just paying the fine FOR him. Why the hell didn't he sign with Jordan in 2002-2003 when he was seen wearing all that stuff.

I dont see Nike wanting to spend all that money as Jersey sales arent what they used to be my man. Like I said before.. Nike was smart in just paying thefee's to have players wear Gloves in addition to Cleats because both those sell. Jordan wont even pay the fee's to have players wear their cleats orgloves yet..lol.. Their a little on the cheap side.. hence why you dont see the Jumpman on anything.

Where I know the NFL wanted Under Armour to get that contract before.. I dont know if its fiscally responsible for them to put that type of money out.

IT seems like Reebok and Adidas have a strong policy against players wearing other products in shoes, and accessories.

Was Nike that strict when they had the NBA / NFL contracts??

Sorry I didn't come back around yesterday to continue the debate fella's! After all, it is worthless to debate with something/someone that's akinto a brick wall. Life calls, Adidas is doing well and Nike is doing ok, well, for now. They are simply floating along. Nike has always done their big moneywith apparrel. It was silly of me to suggest that it was simply about their crappy shoes, as this is not their mainstay anymore. Nike could survive simply byputting out retros, until their target audience grows tired of them. But in regard to the PERFORMANCE audience, Adidas's reputation among serious athletessuch as runners, soccer players, recreational hoops players not located on Niketalk/Nikefan sites, is at a all time high. Adidas is known for putting outdurable products that last, which is something that Nike hasn't done for years. This is the cause for the major upswing for Adidas Basketball, along withthe high visibility of the NBA, then top college teams.

So I don't care if many of you HATE me, as this isn't real. As for the young man who decided to speak ill of my mother, I think that this is indicativeof the mindset that exists here. Don't like what the majority likes, and they will find a way to ostracize you through "grouping", then callingout various names that have been banned, even suggesting that one is *gay*, then making unkind remarks about ones heritage/parents.

I have thick skin in regard to what is said on message boards such as this, as these are simply words. But for many of you, it seems to be, well, life.

To that all I can say is, wow.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

They only come up from DC... cause he likes me...No one else does...and I just think he has a thing for me. Its been almost two years now...and everyone has their hear say. Yet its why I really care less and chuckle about it.
So, you didn't give up your mod status to go and work for Nike? I already told you that I have no beef with you, other than you calling me"darkie". I would have laughed at you in person for doing that, then put a foot in your behind, especially coming from some lightskinned guy whobrags about his affiliation with White people. No black man in his right mind would ever suggest that term to another,which then speaks to the esteem that youhold yourself to. But after witnessing what'll occur here when you and your *cronies* recognize someone that does not agree with you, the "coachhubie", "Justice God", blah blah blah, he has got other names thing, it seems that you need this sort of place to be what you THINK you are.

Whatever, dig? Real life must...be...scary.

All hail the swoosh, ZOOOOOOOOM! I swear, it smell like *heavens gate* up in here.
laugh.gif

I just need to show youre wrong.
Sounds like a personal problem. Tell you what, what I do is my business. Your needs may get you into trouble, if you are not tending to your ownbusiness.

yah problem is your business is talkin out of that place that spits out the smelly stuff when you sit on the toilet...like I said if adidas is soo hot toeveryone else except people on niketalk we want the numbers that show it..dropping 97% and 93% on consecutive quarters is adidas' way of loading up for thebig run...shut us all up please...

Back
Top Bottom