Nike players wearing Adidas stuff

the reason why nike isnt doing as much numbers in the basketball department is because the casual shoe department has gone up(chuck taylors,pumas and such)what is adidas basketball trending?After they released 5 different signature shoes and only one really sold in the adidas gil zero..soo much that they had toconsolidate all their players into one or two shoes because they couldnt sell more ts whatever shoes with 5 guys rather than lebron or kobe.Do your"numbers" include what price point a shoe is sold at?any shoe will sell for 49.99 in an eastbay outlet sale.If you have the access you say you havethen you should be able to compare the numbers between sales when a shoe is at regular price and when it was discounted or even when a shoe was returned tovendor.

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

Originally Posted by RockDeep

At one point..> AND 1 had more players wearing product than Reebok and Adidas... What does THAT say...?

It says that And 1 damn near ran itself out of business!
Just like Adidas will within 5 years.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Serious question - what the holy hell are you talking about? Do you think this is actually true? Because more people play soccer than basketball and Adidas soccer wipes its butt with Nike soccer. And if you think Adidas Basketball is in trouble.. well, you really sound like a dude just talking about his personal preferences with no actual knowledge of the market or sales figures.

I get you guys like Nike shoes, but what's with the being proud of a shoe being worn by everyone thing? I mean, being the most mainstream shoe choice seems to me to be pretty lame by itself, but to brag about doing what everyone else is doing?
laugh.gif
That's just straight sad. Unless you own major stock in the company - which you clearly don't, because you think Nike is doing really well - why does a brand mean so much to you personally? I've never made fun of a person for wearing jeans from the Gap because I think Levis is better.

Rock, I like you, but gimme a break with that. You also know Master P was a top rapper back in the day too, right? The Backstreet Boys had huge sales numbers back in the late 90s as well - DO YOU THINK FOR A SECOND THAT MEANS THEY'RE ANY GOOD?!?!?!?

No, it doesn't. America has 300+ million people, and just because something's popular doesn't mean it's worth a damn.

Zombie... in no way did I mean And 1s stuff was better than reebok adi or Peak for that matter.. I meant from a Business Prospective and Popular angle... lookwas being worn more. Hell Nike knows all Nikes stuff doesn't perform well. I know that.. and I also know I woud rock Nike stuff that didnt perform wellOFF court before I ever thought about it ON court.. i.e. Hyper ANYTHING.. why? Cause it looks good. I can't and never could about Adi...(other than shelltoes but those were never my thing)

Puma? Yes.. Reebok.. yup..

Nike.. alot more...

But my posts speak for all I believe in.. and that of course is Zoom. All other tech stinks to me.. but the shoes still look good in some cases...

So I hope that cleared up that miscommunication on what I may have meant versus what it came out as.. and point taken on Back street Boys.. altho you may haveoffended some
laugh.gif
But watch your mouth on Masta P son son!!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

At one point..> AND 1 had more players wearing product than Reebok and Adidas... What does THAT say...?

It says that And 1 damn near ran itself out of business!
Just like Adidas will within 5 years.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Serious question - what the holy hell are you talking about? Do you think this is actually true? Because more people play soccer than basketball and Adidas soccer wipes its butt with Nike soccer. And if you think Adidas Basketball is in trouble.. well, you really sound like a dude just talking about his personal preferences with no actual knowledge of the market or sales figures.

I get you guys like Nike shoes, but what's with the being proud of a shoe being worn by everyone thing? I mean, being the most mainstream shoe choice seems to me to be pretty lame by itself, but to brag about doing what everyone else is doing?
laugh.gif
That's just straight sad. Unless you own major stock in the company - which you clearly don't, because you think Nike is doing really well - why does a brand mean so much to you personally? I've never made fun of a person for wearing jeans from the Gap because I think Levis is better.

Rock, I like you, but gimme a break with that. You also know Master P was a top rapper back in the day too, right? The Backstreet Boys had huge sales numbers back in the late 90s as well - DO YOU THINK FOR A SECOND THAT MEANS THEY'RE ANY GOOD?!?!?!?

No, it doesn't. America has 300+ million people, and just because something's popular doesn't mean it's worth a damn.

Zombie... in no way did I mean And 1s stuff was better than reebok adi or Peak for that matter.. I meant from a Business Prospective and Popular angle... look was being worn more. Hell Nike knows all Nikes stuff doesn't perform well. I know that.. and I also know I woud rock Nike stuff that didnt perform well OFF court before I ever thought about it ON court.. i.e. Hyper ANYTHING.. why? Cause it looks good. I can't and never could about Adi...(other than shell toes but those were never my thing)

Puma? Yes.. Reebok.. yup..

Nike.. alot more...

But my posts speak for all I believe in.. and that of course is Zoom. All other tech stinks to me.. but the shoes still look good in some cases...

So I hope that cleared up that miscommunication on what I may have meant versus what it came out as.. and point taken on Back street Boys.. altho you may have offended some
laugh.gif
But watch your mouth on Masta P son son!!
wink.gif

You try so hard
laugh.gif
Then you'll state bullcrap like " I knowplayers who have their shoes fitting with zoom air tooling."

"tooling"
roll.gif
Such an insider. Yet when the topic of 'sheedcomes up, you then say "I heard", just to distance yourself from the lies that come off that campus. It seems that lying is a big part of Nikeculture! Thus the defense of such crappy crap on this board. It is your OPINION that zoom air is better! Yet that has been no proven scientifc evidence thatsuggests that Nike airbags, protect anything any better than any other product. When a test was done on biomechanics, doctors found that tere was in increasedrisk of injury to the foot and ankle, by wearing shoes that featured air bags. There was another study done that had a scientist take a Marbury shoe, Nikeshoe, and Adidas, Reebok basketball shoe, then conducted an impact test. His findings were that the Marbury shoe did just as well to protect from impact, asthe most expensive shoe which was the NIKE shoe.

That said, there will be a bunch of Nike fans, Nike employees, then even more sycophants screaming to post the link, or show MY research, as if I did thestudy. Since this is the internet, I am telling you to do your own research. I don't need to substantiate my claims, and that is because I have nothing toprove to anyone here. I don't work for Adidas or Reebok, but some here work for Nike. Those of you who really want to know what I am talking about, Googleis your best friend! So again, there is NO scientific evidence that shows that NIKE shoes protect better than any other shoe. if you feel that they do, thenthat is simply an opinion, not FACT.

Originally Posted by goosebear10

how would you judge the upswing in adidas if you dont judge how well a company is doing by comparing sales smart guy????Thats like someone saying..oh adidas is doing better than nike..how??because I said so...

Well, genius, he asked for a comparison of BASKETBALL sales. Basketball does not make up the majority of sales in either company, but companywide sales willdictate the budgets of the more important, then less important departments. Adidas does not sport the budget of Nike, but if you compare what is spent by theCOMPANY as to what is lost, then you'll get the bigger picture. On the whole, Adidas's upswing is far more impressive than what Nike is simply holdingon to. Adidas's exposure is really doing them right, especially in Europe where overall sales is kicking Nike butt.

how would you judge the upswing in adidas if you dont judge how well a company is doing by comparing sales smart guy????Thats like someone saying..oh adidas is doing better than nike..how??because I said so...

Well, genius, he asked for a comparison of BASKETBALL sales. Basketball does not make up the majority of sales in either company, but companywide sales will dictate the budgets of the more important, then less important departments. Adidas does not sport the budget of Nike, but if you compare what is spent by the COMPANY as to what is lost, then you'll get the bigger picture. On the whole, Adidas's upswing is far more impressive than what Nike is simply holding on to. Adidas's exposure is really doing them right, especially in Europe where overall sales is kicking Nike butt.
you still havent shown anyone how you got this figure...spalding budgets and spends less than everyone else does this mean theyre on a betterupswing than everyone else?And if adidas is winning in europe,Nike is murdering adidas in asia..so please bring the numbers prove everyone wrong..either thator quit being mad about being too heavy for the hyperflights.

Well, genius, he asked for a comparison of BASKETBALL sales. Basketball does not make up the majority of sales in either company, but companywide sales will dictate the budgets of the more important, then less important departments. Adidas does not sport the budget of Nike, but if you compare what is spent by the COMPANY as to what is lost, then you'll get the bigger picture. On the whole, Adidas's upswing is far more impressive than what Nike is simply holding on to. Adidas's exposure is really doing them right, especially in Europe where overall sales is kicking Nike butt.
And if adidas is winning in europe,Nike is murdering adidas in asia..so please bring the numbers prove everyone wrong..

Not true, adidas is in China number one and in India number 2 (behind the Reebok brand)
In Japan adidas was at least 2006 number one, but honestly I dont't know about now in Japan.
Murdering in Asia ? Definitely not.

you still havent shown anyone how you got this figure...spalding budgets and spends less than everyone else does this mean theyre on a better upswing than everyone else?And if adidas is winning in europe,Nike is murdering adidas in asia..so please bring the numbers prove everyone wrong..either that or quit being mad about being too heavy for the hyperflights.

You try so hard to sound intelligent. "you still haven't shown how you got this figure" What figure? It's how business are run, and then showprofit.

smh@ this lame.

comparing a picture from one pre-season game to a picture from last night? laughing at me? riiiiight.......

"figure" as in numbers.Margins straight up proof that you are justified in how you just troll this forum..without it youre the lame

"figure" as in numbers.Margins straight up proof that you are justified in how you just troll this forum..without it youre the lame

Prove that you are justified and qualifed to post your reviews, then I'll post a link to the wall street journal.

Originally Posted by BP the owner

comparing a picture from one pre-season game to a picture from last night? laughing at me? riiiiight.......

What difference does it make? You said that only dwight howard was wearing it, so what happened? It's Mike Bibby and he is wearing it. Also, in regard toregular season in game UNIFORM regulations, you don't know what he is wearing UNDER those RED sleeves...now do you?

wink.gif

Dark Chocolate trying to go hard again.
laugh.gif

Dudes and their Adidas obsessions.
laugh.gif

I really don't think that you are in any position to speak on "obsessions", ya' know? But Nike is losing popularity, and I know that they, Nike, finds that troubling. Personally, I find it hysterical!

How is Nike "losing" popularity? Also, to the OP "Dark Chocolate"....you need to chill out. If you want people to have discussion on atopic, you need to stop trolling and calling people names.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Dark Chocolate trying to go hard again.
laugh.gif

Dudes and their Adidas obsessions.
laugh.gif

I really don't think that you are in any position to speak on "obsessions", ya' know? But Nike is losing popularity, and I know that they, Nike, finds that troubling. Personally, I find it hysterical!

How is Nike "losing" popularity? Also, to the OP "Dark Chocolate"....you need to chill out. If you want people to have discussion on a topic, you need to stop trolling and calling people names.

Point out where I called someone a name. Also, how is responding to questions, "trolling"? Many of you have the same complaints about me and otherswho are real, it's all the same thing. Some have even said that I am logging in under another name. You don't like it when what you do, is turnedagainst you. Now before you go and suggest that I am saying you per se, think again.

Nike is losing popularity and that is because of the economy, then their refusal to address how expensive their shoes are during this economy. Why are theprices of Air Jordans @ 190 dollars? Why is LeBrons @ 160? Why is Kobe's 125? For what? What are you getting that is so special? It's about qualitynow, and Nike hasn't done anything with high quality in years. Now it's about "flywire". Yeah, some strings are going to make a 160 shoe lastlonger/perform better.

Right.

Then you have the materialistic *Real Housewives of Atlanta* types, those who wear Nike shoes simply because they are expensive and rare. There was a greatarticle in the Village voice that addressed this, and how parents are starting to reject this crap *culture* for what it is. Materialistic behaviour filledwith pretense. These guys don't even play in the shoes, and some of them are quick to put up a review about a shoe, that they've never played in, justto try and get into Nikes good graces. They, Nike will never turn down good ad and product placement.

I'm done, Adidas has been classy throughout all of this. They are the exact opposite of Nike and their fans, and I wish them the best,

lemme help you out with the articles

Adidas drops 93% net profit

Nike beats estimates
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
roll.gif

Nice try, but those article only speak to what happened during the quarter, not the overall trends which extends over the course of years, especially whenNike was up 5 years ago, now down from its high. But I expect that from someone like you! It's like you are cutting and pasting to make your argument, butleaving out the finer details! No issues though! Maybe Nike will notice you and comp you with some free shoes for your efforts!

Im still waiting on your evidence that nike is losing to adidas.I should have included the article of adidas losing 97% in the first quarter as well.how boutyou keep this about nike and adidas and you versus everyone else rather than going after what people do on the side.It makes you look like you dont have a legto stand on with your arguments and you need to attack people and try to marginalize them to make your point more valid in your eyes.....oh yah you dont have aleg to stand on..never mind.

Somebody is the dead horse, the rest of you guys are beating it

Ya'll need to let it go ... let the bama go troll on another board ... he's so pressed try and make Nike look bad/sad/worried ... and honestlyfolks do you really think anyone from Nike is worrying about his fact less comments?

The only true data shown has been links posted about the 93% drop in profits (which has made Adidas way more worried about their state of business in the US... and I know this for a fact ... I have a friend that works their) and the fact that Nike beat the estimates (I know this because I own stock you bama!) soleave it alone ... no one is mad at you for having a personal opinion but when you try and turn it into this nonsense of a post you get carried for speakingyour nonsense ....

Look you don't have many/any supporters here ... why don't you PM the few folks you got on your side (that may be a little hard since most of them areyou under another name
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
) and plan a meet up in the real world ... then you can all play dungeons& dragons and dream about how you can take over Nike & make "BOUNCE" (one hell of a technology
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
) bigger then "AIR" ... all of this can be done inyour back yard while ya mama brings you your snack & your meds ...

Back
Top Bottom