Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

Machine washing flyknits is always fine. Cold or warm water. No hot water. And always let air dry overnight.

Restock of the triple blacks at Nike Toronto Eaton Centre.

Attachments

• D97A4434-CDFF-4BA4-A6A6-BC51C2EA4D39.jpeg
    D97A4434-CDFF-4BA4-A6A6-BC51C2EA4D39.jpeg
    393.9 KB · Views: 14
Mannnnnnn my black/gray pair that I bought from ****'s on launch day started popping Saturday. I thought I was in the clear by now. The popping was obviously noticeable while my wife and I were walking around and I could feel the bubble grow with each step in the area between the base of my toes and the balls of my feet.

Not sure I'd be able to reach that area to perform de-popping surgery.

Is that where you other pop victims feel it?

Me too on my launch white and pink.

Considering the popping seems to be caused by wear/moisture I question how the machine wash theory would work... has anyone else tried it?

Is that where you other pop victims feel it?

I gradually disassembled and multilated my OG pair of Epics. When I got to the midsole/insole separation stage, I found a huge air bubble between the REACT foam midsole and fiber reinforced tape of the strobel board. About the diameter of a quarter and 5mm deep. It appears the foam midsole and strobel are different shapes, the foam wider and curving while the strobel is narrower and flat. No wonder these babies pop so loudly. The location was where reported on this thread: Geometric center of forefoot. I have found making a slit with an Exacto knife through the felt/fiber tape to release the trapped air as you walk works. Nike now puts more glue there and presses them together better while the glue sets. In the Odyssey version they perforated the bedding to prevent trapped air.

I gradually disassembled and multilated my OG pair of Epics. When I got to the midsole/insole separation stage, I found a huge air bubble between the REACT foam midsole and fiber reinforced tape of the strobel board. About the diameter of a quarter and 5mm deep. It appears the foam midsole and strobel are different shapes, the foam wider and curving while the strobel is narrower and flat. No wonder these babies pop so loudly. The location was where reported on this thread: Geometric center of forefoot. I have found making a slit with an Exacto knife through the felt/fiber tape to release the trapped air as you walk works. Nike now puts more glue there and presses them together better while the glue sets. In the Odyssey version they perforated the bedding to prevent trapped air.

did you get the process on video?

haha awesome work man.

did you get the process on video?

No, but I have detailed the process earlier in the thread and it is pretty easy. Remove the insole. You should see a dot/hole in middle of the forefoot area of white felt. Taking an Exacto knife, cut from this hole toward the back of the shoe about 1 inch. Make several passes with knife until you are through both the felt and fiber reinforced tape. When you press with your finger, you should feel it go into the bubble area. Put the insole back in and you're done.

F Four by Six are you a surgeon? Good stuff

No, just an engineer and sneaker head. I was removing the flyknit upper to try and glue it onto a PEBAX (ZoomX) foam midsole from a Reebok shoe I got on closeout, as Nike will probably never make this. All I want is a FKR (Flyknit Racer) with ZoomX (PEBAX) instead of Phylon insole, and they keep putting in Zoom air units, carbon fiber and TPU plates, see through rubber outsoles and other gimmicks.

NIKE! If you are listening, just give me a flyknit upper and a ZoomX foam midsole.

Last edited:
No, just an engineer and sneaker head. I was removing the flyknit upper to try and glue it onto a PEBAX (ZoomX) foam midsole from a Reebok shoe I got on closeout, as Nike will probably never make this. All I want is a FNR (Flyknit Racer) with ZoomX (PEBAX) instead of Phylon insole, and they keep putting in Zoom air units, carbon fiber and TPU plates, see through rubber outsoles and other gimmicks.

NIKE! If you are listening, just give me a flyknit upper and a ZoomX foam midsole.

I, too, wanna see JUST a ZoomX midsole by itself. No Zoom Air units, no Max Air units, no carbon fiber plates, no carbon-infused nylon plates, no dinner plates, no paper plates... JUST ZoomX.

one of yall who got ids need to make a video

i wanna see how the id on the inner side looks before i decide if i should get an id or just leave the nike logo on my id

Back
Top Bottom