Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

Any runners in here receive and use their pair for anything more than 3mi? Just curious what your thoughts are.

My tracking notifcation still says delivery date of 2/9/18. I hope thats the case. Sat should be in upper 40's and i really want to give these a go. got a 6mi run scheduled.

Any runners in here receive and use their pair for anything more than 3mi? Just curious what your thoughts are.

My tracking notifcation still says delivery date of 2/9/18. I hope thats the case. Sat should be in upper 40's and i really want to give these a go. got a 6mi run scheduled.
i walk 6 miles a day, so far very comfortable...know its not running but no complaints.

Yep. It’s overkill.

yea but stealth bomber to a knife fight sounds amazing...
maxresdefault.jpg

Should have went a half size down, but the 12.5 was sold out. Might give it a test run anyways then head to my local Nike outlet to return.

Half size DOWN? Mind blown.

Back with an amazing discovery, kind of pissed though.

So I ordered a 13, as the 12.5 was sold out. Slipped it on before bed last night and though man these are really roomy, should have got maybe a 12. So I go outside today and snap some shots and think to myself these things look like tugboats even for a 13.
Afterwards I gear up for a run and think again man these are really roomy so I check inside and they sent me a size 15 instead of a 13. :smh::angry::rofl:

Attachments

• E26942F3-75F1-4C75-BE68-10710944405B.jpeg
    E26942F3-75F1-4C75-BE68-10710944405B.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 53890E3B-4737-4277-BB47-F9BE23AFA293.jpeg
    53890E3B-4737-4277-BB47-F9BE23AFA293.jpeg
    252.1 KB · Views: 53
  • BF92A59E-F01B-42CC-AD77-01D58E6C72DA.jpeg
    BF92A59E-F01B-42CC-AD77-01D58E6C72DA.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 63

So I ordered a 13, as the 12.5 was sold out. Slipped it on before bed last night and though man these are really roomy, should have got maybe a 12. So I go outside today and snap some shots and think to myself these things look like tugboats even for a 13.
Afterwards I gear up for a run and think again man these are really roomy so I check inside and they sent me a size 15 instead of a 13. :smh::angry::rofl:

yo that sucks but that story had me dying :rofl:

did they even have up to a 15 listed on the app?

That's hilarious.

This is like telling me "You don't need the Cherokee Trackhawk with 700hp to drive around the city." Damn that. That red light is my starting light.

Haha I totally get where you’re coming from and I am of the same mindset. However I think this isn’t the comparison to make. I thought the same thing and bought the 4%’s for my trip to Disney. I tried them on beforehand and thought these are going to be like walking on clouds all day. If you think boosts are soft, times that by 3. What could go wrong? My first day in Magic Kingdom...about an hour in I couldn’t wait to get the damn things off my feet! They were horrible for casual wear. I would’ve rather run in place than have to stand or walk in them. They were so unstable and made my feet hurt

Now onto the React’s... I absolutely love them. I am not going to compare these to boosts cause it’s not the same thing at all, however if you love boosts, you’ll love these. The more I wear them, the better they feel. From the time I got them yesterday, I have worn these nonstop. They are absolutely great for general casual wear, and while I wouldn’t make these my main running shoes, I could see myself running a couple of miles in them and be completely comfortable. And they look great too on feet. As someone alluded to, Nike runners in the past weren’t meant for casual wear, but Nike has saw adidas’s success in making running shoes look good enough to wear casually and incorporated that into this shoe. Again, no comparison to boost, but Nike saw how they became successful. As for the fit, I went up a half size because of the early reviews about how tight they were on the midfoot, and while I am glad I did go up a half size, I could’ve also wore my TTS as well since they do stretch a bit like the recent flyknit shoes have (think about the recent flyknit frees and vapormax). I cannot wait for more colorways of these to come out. I told myself I was getting out of the shoe game and hadn’t bought anything this year...but these got me. These are the type of shoe you can wear for pretty much every basic occasion, except when you need good grip on your shoes (you will slide around in these...but not to the same level as like the frees or vapormaxes). To me, these feel like a softer version of the lunar technology and also a more stable and supportive version of it too. It feels like the shoe is hugging my foot and my arches

Hope that helps!

I see where some of y'all are coming from, but I can't get on board with the sentiment that Nike hasn't made running shoes for casual wear in the past. I mean look at the entire Air Max series and most of the lunar stuff. Adidas has certainly impacted the casual market in a way, and I have Ultraboost/NMDs and love them, but I don't believe Nike is playing catch up or mimicking. If anything, the Epic React is like a "oh, we can do that too" shoe.

I see where some of y'all are coming from, but I can't get on board with the sentiment that Nike hasn't made running shoes for casual wear in the past. I mean look at the entire Air Max series and most of the lunar stuff. Adidas has certainly impacted the casual market in a way, and I have Ultraboost/NMDs and love them, but I don't believe Nike is playing catch up. If anything, the Epic React is like a "oh, we can do that too" shoe.

well yeah but for the first time Adidas had the wave first

they got a leg up on Nike, passing Jordan Brand would have been unheard if you said it would happen a few years ago

Adidas doesn't have the fire power but they showed Nike they aren't invincible

I see where some of y'all are coming from, but I can't get on board with the sentiment that Nike hasn't made running shoes for casual wear in the past. I mean look at the entire Air Max series and most of the lunar stuff. Adidas has certainly impacted the casual market in a way, and I have Ultraboost/NMDs and love them, but I don't believe Nike is playing catch up or mimicking. If anything, the Epic React is like a "oh, we can do that too" shoe.
Air Max was revolutionary when created. That wasn't created as a lifestyle shoes. It transitioned to lifestyle but it was originally a running shoe.

WOW

i walk 6 miles a day, so far very comfortable...know its not running but no complaints.

No problem, appreciated your earlier review. Was hoping someone ran them in for more than 3mi and wanted to get their feedback.

Seems like my pair won't arrive until next week, tracking just updated to 3:03PM Departed fedex Location Memphis, TN

:sick:

So I go outside today and snap some shots and think to myself these things look like tugboats even for a 13.
lol @ Tugboats. dang G

Nike made sure these would look good casually which is a huge reason Adidas had a resurgence

Nike's runners in the last couple years weren't something you really work with jeans, etc.

people are moving away from athletisure which is where Nike tripped up for a bit but 2018 clearly shows their new direction
I think the reason for that was if you were around 10 maybe 15 yrs back nobody took Nike serious for performance runners. If you look at a lot of the runners from that time they looked like ASICS which I think Nike did purposely to look like true running shoes.

Anyone have an access code? :rofl:
https://www.nike.com/events-registration/event?id=96743

I wore my white pair for the first time today, and they feel great so far. These could very well become my travel/every day sneaker. (I had hoped that the Vapormax would fill that role, but they never really agreed with my feet.)

Not sure I can add to what others have already said about these—different from Boost, similar fit to Vapormax, TTS, etc.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the aesthetics of the shoe--I prefer the Zoom Fly SP and the non-epic Lunar Flyknits. but it's alright. I would prefer a flat texture on the midsole. But I do think there's some potential here. If they can do anything like the collabs that Ultra Boost had in 2015-2016, I'll be all over them.

The upper is really nice, though w/r/t cushioning, I think I'm partial to the firmer feel of the earlier Lunar models.

Air Max was revolutionary when created. That wasn't created as a lifestyle shoes. It transitioned to lifestyle but it was originally a running shoe.
I would argue that Air Max was revolutionary as a marketing approach, but not as a technology.

Any word on the triple black availability? Last I remember, these were dropping 2/12.

So I’ve gotten some extended wear with these and they’ve definitely grown on me. Great shoes for day long wear like going to an amusement park. Feels like the shoe cups my foot from all sides for nice support.
8A165B49-454E-4B4F-96A9-80884EBBB27B.jpeg

Wow! Wasn't fortunate to get a chance to get this colorway but I'm diggin its simplicity, @cgs37 :pimp:

Definitely looking forward to the GR pairs :smile:

Back
Top Bottom