Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

is it just me or are the react prestos not very comfortable? I tried on a pair in store and they were hard as a rock. where as my element 55's are super comfy.
Yeah, they are stiffer. Probably a combo of the outer reinforcement/materials and I'm pretty sure there's some sort of internal dual torsion bar setup in the midfoot area.
<()==<() or O==O shaped kinda thing is what I was thinking after trying some on.
what are you guys smoking, hard as a rock?! that react sole is insanely soft and cushioned, definitely not hard as a rock lmao

what are you guys smoking, hard as a rock?! that react sole is insanely soft and cushioned, definitely not hard as a rock lmao
After wearing ER2's the Presto felt a lot stiffer.
maybe not hard as a rock, but noticeably less comfortable in motion than the other react stuff I have.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I can't find a 8.5 in the Vikings 55, need it for a christmas gift...#GoPack

I rather have the GSW one.
54CC8654-10D0-4D09-92E5-67CA0EFE2912.jpeg

$55 from my local outlet
Straight to feet for work, I absolutely love this model
Gonna swap your black laces when I get home
DD37D600-827B-4894-8D24-AC30E15D6F4D.jpeg
Had mine on today in this GA weather. Wish they would do an updated version only thing I don’t like is the material squeezes my big toe it’s really bad on my black pair.

Had mine on today in this GA weather. Wish they would do an updated version only thing I don’t like is the material squeezes my big toe it’s really bad on my black pair.

It's that damn stripe...it swoops over on top of the big toe and has no give to it. I've thought about selling my black pair but they just look so cool.

Welp. RIP to the Epic React series. :frown:

I thought the React Infinity was just the successor of the Odyssey React series (or the stability React line). After reading details of the Nike LA13.1 race in April next year, Nike is going to promote the heck out of the Infinity. Nike wouldn’t put a lot of effort into promoting a non-marquee sneaker. They did the same thing with the Epic React for the Go LA 10K. The Epic React, at the time, was Nike’s next big popular running shoe. With that said, The React Infinity will succeed the Epic React series.

I’m looking forward to better cws/sole cws for swaps.Im not a big fan of the support clip though.

Nike should have done a pre-Xmas Nike+ release.
this.

a little surprised that the IR is getting so much pushback on this thread though. while the ER1 was great (prob my favorite new nike model since the roshe), the ER2 felt underwhelming since not a lot changed. i dig the design approach for the IR and i'm glad they've focused on improving it as a runner. may be a day 1 cop for me

Nike should have done a pre-Xmas Nike+ release.

Would have made sense. When they say Jan 3rd release for Nike members, does that just mean having a registered account on ndc? Also, is it just the white/pink colorway that day or will there be others as well?

a little surprised that the IR is getting so much pushback on this thread though... i dig the design approach for the IR and i'm glad they've focused on improving it as a runner. may be a day 1 cop for me

I'm fine with the looks and CW. My main issue is I think they have made it a worse runner, not better. 1) It has a much taller stack height, which makes it less stable, not more stable, and more likely to cause injury, not less. 2) It has less forefoot flex with a built in rocker design, and I don't like rigid forced forefoot curves. 3) It has a looser flyknit upper, which will require tightening down the laces, which will lower blood flow to the foot muscles. 4) It is heavier.

I've gone into a lot of analysis on the IR in my Epic React mods thread, starting HERE

But, everyone's feet and running stride is different. The IR might be a better runner for some people.

I'm fine with the looks and CW. My main issue is I think they have made it a worse runner, not better. 1) It has a much taller stack height, which makes it less stable, not more stable, and more likely to cause injury, not less. 2) It has less forefoot flex with a built in rocker design, and I don't like rigid forced forefoot curves. 3) It has a looser flyknit upper, which will require tightening down the laces, which will lower blood flow to the foot muscles. 4) It is heavier.

I've gone into a lot of analysis on the IR in my Epic React mods thread, starting HERE

But, everyone's feet and running stride is different. The IR might be a better runner for some people.
super useful info -- thanks for this. may have changed my opinion on which running shoes i should get next.

super useful info -- thanks for this. may have changed my opinion on which running shoes i should get next.
No harm in trying them, given Nike's generous return policy. They supposedly had hundreds of test runners. They might be perfect for you. They are just not what I'm looking for in a runner.

Back
Top Bottom