Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

I'll certainly give them a pop once they come out.. But they do seem like a step away from the minimalist (yet extremely effective) approach of the ER.

It's Lunar Epic situation all over again.

it’s pretty similar. At least the IR looks like the ER. The lunar epic was completely different from the classic lunar FK. What is up with Nike cancelling two of their best lines of the decade.
I would wear nothing but the ER and Lunar Flyknit 1s if they were out still

Dropping the ER is in my opinion something of an error. The RI is going to be even more divisive from a style point of view than the ER or Ody have been.

My feeling with the ER is that Nike just priced it too high.. Everyone only seems to buy many of them on offers unless it's something limited or 'must have' for that person.
To most people (and mostly people that have never tried them out) they just look like a boofy sole with some cheap fabric holding them together (probably not far from the truth TBH).

People that have tried them have been almost unanimous in their praise - I've barely seen any negative takes on them from anyone that's worn them for any length of time.
I just think that if they had kept them at a lower price initially they wouldn't be reducing them to less than half price to get rid.

Nike's pricing in general is very random, so not something unique to the ER.. But it certainly doesn't help get more feetz into shooz when they could seem quite overpriced.
If the RI is going to be the flagship, then I'm stocking up on clearance ER's for long enough to keep me going a couple of years.. lol..

I like the epic line and I’m sure I’ll like the infinity line it’s just a name change something Nike does all the time I learned this when they stopped making the Lunar swift and replaced it with something similar under a diff name it’s really nothing new and I don’t see the big deal...

I like the epic line and I’m sure I’ll like the infinity line it’s just a name change something Nike does all the time I learned this when they stopped making the Lunar swift and replaced it with something similar under a diff name it’s really nothing new and I don’t see the big deal...
Yeah I agree but I’m curious if the rocker will be as lifestyle friendly?

I've logged many many miles in the ER1. I never did move on to the ER2 because I stocked up on too many ER1s. I'm looking forward to the IR, planning on grabbing a pair Jan 3rd. My only worry is that the IR won't be as soft as the ER. Specifically because the ER1 (and ER2) had very limited outsole rubber which I think is why they feel so soft. Looks like the IR has rubber all across the outsole and I really hope that doesn't cancel out the softness that the additional react foam may add. The RoadTrailRun guy did elude to the fact that they felt a little more firm at first. I hope the IR gets it right or I will be grabbing a bunch of ER2s.

IMG_20191217_185628.jpg

my top five React sneakers for 2019:

1. Presto React - The most comfortable sneaker in 2019. Bought five pairs and is easily my personal sneaker of the year. I went .5 size down.

2. Epic react 1 - can't beat the og colorway. I don't have any of the 2.0's.

3. React Vaporstreet - lighter than the epic react 1

4. Jordan proto react - a great autumn and winter sneaker. Very comfy and bottom heavy due to the huge stack of react.

5. Element 87 -the best coloways of all react technology, but not the best react sneaker. A great introduction to lifestyle react technology with the looks too.

Has anyone tried the Renew Run? Is Renew foam softer than React? :nerd:
Visual aesthetics take cues from the ER.

D740FA47-D9BC-4055-AFCA-2C000047BED9.png
Tried on some of the Rivals and they were softer than something like Spiridons, but harder than ER2's. They didn't feel horrible or anything (a little narrow for me), but not as cadenced in weight absorption as React, and there was a more noticeable 'stop&rebound' point when I put load on them.
The Run model may well be different in some ways, but I can't see the foam itself being one of them.

You can pick up ER2's for less than Renews at the moment, so unless you're into a particular CW/look then I would go with the real thing.

tried a random pair with renew, actually bought it since it was dirt cheap...cushion is like, what others said, a take down version of react, it was still somewhat comfy but not like an ER.

Is it me or do they feel more like the ER 1 as far as tight than the 2s? Mine are hella snug...

this was my first pair of 2s and I went in thinking I could get a half sz down from my er1 size because I tried on a pair (I think the gold cw?) a month or so earlier. I had to exchange them for a half size up (my er1 size)

I’m hoping to catch a few more pairs of 2s at deep disco and now I’m not sure what size I should be getting >D I’ll probably just grab either and wear thin or thick socks *shrug*

my feet are right in between 10-10.5 so this happens with a lot of pairs. #firstworldproblems :lol:

Back
Top Bottom