Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

My left (men’s white and pink) shoe pops now and then. So does my friends right (black and grey) shoe.

It’s not super loud and not constant but does happen. It’s crazy to me that Nike didn’t catch this problem as prevalent as it seems to be though. Or maybe they didn’t think it was that big an issue.

Let them air out over night and walked in them this morning around the house and they didn’t pop. So that must mean the heat and moisture/sweat from wearing all day softens and activates the popping in the foam after a while. Once they “dry up”, it seems to correct itself. Still a serious defect that Nike needs to fix. The foam should be able to hold moisture without popping. Also the shroud underneath the insole should sit flush with the foam. Moisture and heat gets in between that and that’s what’s causing the malfunction.

Last edited:
Let them air out over night and walked in them this morning around the house and they didn’t pop. So that must mean the heat and moisture/sweat from wearing all day softens and activates the popping in the foam after a while. Once they “dry up”, it seems to correct itself. Still a serious defect that Nike needs to fix. The foam should be able to hold moisture without popping. Also the shroud underneath the insole should sit flush with the foam. Moisture and heat gets in between that and that’s what’s causing the malfunction.

There’s the one video posted here though of the person whose pair was popping straight out of the box.

now with sweat activating popping sound

Mine definitely didn’t pop right out of the box. On my first day wearing them they didn’t pop at all. Thinking back I didn’t wear that long that day though. Yesterday I wore em to work all day however and they didn’t start popping until the the end of the day. I was mostly sitting and walking throughout a full day and like most humans my feet get hot and eventually sweat after so long, thus causing that inevitable moisture that gets between the shroud and the react foam. Perhaps through that tiny small hole cut out on the shroud in the center of the forefoot area underneath the insole (same small hole cut out can also be found at the heel). That’s why the shroud should be glued down to the foam instead of how it is now where it just sits on top of the foam with air and space in between.

Last edited:
Both my pairs have the popping noise now. Triple blacks that I purchased through finishline and the white/pink pair that was purchased through NDC. Guess they need to go back :frown:

How are you guys returning the popping shoes if you didn't buy from Nike? No retailer is going to take back worn shoes because you say they're "popping"

How are you guys returning the popping shoes if you didn't buy from Nike? No retailer is going to take back worn shoes because you say they're "popping"

Finish Line did. I was wearing them and had no box or receipt and the lady let me exchange in store.

I've put 30 miles on my pair, and I have yet to experience any popping.

My left shoe started popping around 33 miles, right is still fine. College Navy, purchased direct from Nike. I won't be returning mine. It doesn't bother me much. I'm only running in these shoes, no casual wear. I can hear the pop a little bit when I run. Really hear it when I walk on hard surfaces like my wood floor.

Hopefully you're in the clear, but I'm afraid your days may be numbered

Right but is there any written confirmation from Nike that the popping is considered a manfacturer defect worthy of this style of return (where Nike accepts the return regardless of the original retailer)?
I think anyone on the planet would consider the loud popping a manufacturer defect. I don't think they've made a press release about it though.

Just took mine back to Finishline and they were fine with taking them back.
I didn't get as lucky. Finishline told me I could exchange but they didn't have my size and I could not return as the shoes were worn. Therefore I had to send them to Nike via Warranty claim..

Back
Top Bottom