Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

My pair just came in. Glad I went up half size because I have a wide foot. Still feel a little tight in the lace area but I'm sure with more wear they will get loose as they stretch. Otherwise perfect fit. I would call these boost lite....more stable and less sinking feeling than boost. Will see after more runs and more wear how they hold up but I have a feeling the sole will wear down fast

Got mine in. As having worn both nike and adidas I have to say that these react shoes are all hype.
Fit is fine once you get them on, TTS btw but they’re a pain to even put on. Comfort is more comparable to the adidas alpha bounce which has stability but these don’t live up to the whole cushioning marketing imo. These have more foot slippage also, as mentioned above if you’re not careful I think you can hurt yourself. Returning my pair back to the store. Honestly prefer the flyknit trainer/racer models in both comfort and style wise. Plus these are bulky even though they’re light. Really disappointed it took them 3 or however many years to come up with this stuff and it’s not anywhere near boost. Not to say boost is gonna forever be the comfort king but I’m sure adidas is and has been working on the next boost iteration where it’ll be even more improved. Just my two cents, huge fan of both companies.

You realize Adidas didn't invent boost, right?

Damn, now im torn. The comparison to the vapormax fit has me rethinking. I have a pretty narrow foot and rarely if ever, have fit issues but anytime I've tried on a pair of vapormax, I can't imagine wearing them for an hour let alone run in them. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of them but comfort is not the first thing that comes to mind. Maybe I'd be better off waiting for the 22nd on these when I can try on in store.

The Boost idiots in here with an agenda are so annoying

Reviews have been very positive on these

i dont think they have a boost agenda.

i think majority of the people buying these are regular sneakerheads who dont run and know the comfort level of the ultra boost.

the epic react is a sleek minimalistic looking shoe that resembles boost and is attracting people whove been rocking adidas for the last couple years who wanna try something new especially from nike.

i dont think people are coming into this thread with the intention of bashing nike and praising adidas. i just think they rock both because were not signed to a contract and shocking nobody has to be brand loyal. its just that in terms of walking around comfort, its pretty hard to beat boost.

i think the disconnect comes from the fact that the nike people here know this shoe was geared toward runners and the ultra boost people came up on these expecting couch comfort. so when the shoe is geared toward running and exercise comfort instead of lifestyle comfort that boost people are looking for, thats where the divide comes in.

giphy.gif

Exactly. Ultraboost's are the most comfy shoe Ive ever had and I want Nike to make something similar if not better. These epic reacts dont seem to be that sadly. Whats the point of these if the cushion is similar to lets say lunarglides or lunarepics?

i think majority of the people buying these are regular sneakerheads who dont run and know the comfort level of the ultra boost.

the epic react is a sleek minimalistic looking shoe that resembles boost and is attracting people whove been rocking adidas for the last couple years who wanna try something new especially from nike.

i dont think people are coming into this thread with the intention of bashing nike and praising adidas. i just think they rock both because were not signed to a contract and shocking nobody has to be brand loyal. its just that in terms of walking around comfort, its pretty hard to beat boost.

i think the disconnect comes from the fact that the nike people here know this shoe was geared toward runners and the ultra boost people came up on these expecting couch comfort. so when the shoe is geared toward running and exercise comfort instead of lifestyle comfort that boost people are looking for, thats where the divide comes in.

How do you copy something you were doing first?

Sock Dart/Presto/Lunar....

giphy.gif

the first thing you said is...

im not trying to be that guy but im curious to see how these compare to boost.

im not expecting much, i think boost is above and beyong the most comfortable tech ive ever tried.

so you tell me, there is a def. undertone of people hoping these aren't good in here hence people keep bringing up the one review of a clear fake pair of Reacts while disregarding all the actual reviews of people who have tested the GR's

Not sure why Boost has to be the standard these days. It's all personal preference though I guess wish I can respect. I think I have more Boost shoes than Nike shoes but I always catch myself wearing my Flyknit Lunar 3s :lol:

those shoes have a midsole that resembles boost?

I’m thinking what he’s saying is that the minimalist approach of shoes that adidas throws boost on (ultra, nmd, pure) resemble certain Nike concepts like the dart, presto, and maybe even huarache.

Boost is amazing, aesthetically and comfort-wise, but it’s essentially just an ultra plush TPU sole. For a while there, Nike just forgot that less is more. Maybe the Roshe brought this concept/trend back.

I will say there is more than one “boost”.

But anyway if you are just casually strolling or you want a shoe to chill in then go for the ultra boost

The react is a firm and stable version of the ultra boost. This should perform better than than ultra boost in the gym or for running. Just because you don’t really sink in the react. Like the ultra is almost toooo comfortable.

I am only speaking about the ultra boost. Not every other boost shoe. As I’ve already stated the adios boost is my favorite boost performance wise.

And this is coming from a dude who had the very first shoe boost was in and had the very first colorway of the ultra boost before it dropped globally. I love boost! But just keeping it real comparing those two models strictly

I'm surprised people in this thread think Nike hasn't made a Boost killer already... it's called Zoom X. And it's called Zoom Vaporfly 4%.

I've owned probably 20+ UltraBoost, NMD, and EQTs. And the Vaporfly 4% is already springier and more cloud like. Comparable to an EQT boost for sink into shoe cloud likeness. I'm guessing React is just exact 15% softer than Lunarlon which is just Phylon. AKA not even close.

the first thing you said is...

so you tell me, there is a def. undertone of people hoping these aren't good in here hence people keep bringing up the one review of a clear fake pair of Reacts while disregarding all the actual reviews of people who have tested the GR's

i dont run.

i been buying sneakers (frequently) for almost 20 years. was even a wear tester way back when nike was doing that program.

for my purposes i havent found a more comfortable sneaker than the 93/17s.

but im bored of the boost models that adidas is putting out, and im not brand loyal. so if nike gave me something comparable in comfort and forward design id be all over it.

thats basically what i was trying to confer

If you’re looking for Nike’s UB like shoe as far as feel and comfort I’d say it’s the LE2 reacts don’t look to be anything like a UB...

Back
Top Bottom