Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

I'll be honest, I didn't try it on buy but when I picked up it from the wall shelf the materials looked like something sketchers will use. Like honestly if they didn't have the Nike logo /branding I would have thought these were sketchers or Reebok's.

Gonna have to pass, the new ultraboost looked good though.

It's the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn, and one of the best performing running shoes I own, only topped by the Vomero. It's feather light, soft yet supportive and super responsive for a Foam shoe. Most feel like a dead piece of meat on your foot, not this one. Ultra Boost is an absolute joke of a foam and a shoe. The upper is HOT AS HELL, and the foam is soft and dead feeling. You won't see ANYONE wearing Ultra boost at the starting line of a race. It's a lifestyle shoe at best, and an imposter running shoe. The Epic React is not, it's a pure performance shoe from top to bottom.

Just a shame Nike screwed up the opportunity by releasing before testing what came out of production properly.

It's the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn, and one of the best performing running shoes I own, only topped by the Vomero. It's feather light, soft yet supportive and super responsive for a Foam shoe. Most feel like a dead piece of meat on your foot, not this one. Ultra Boost is an absolute joke of a foam and a shoe. The upper is HOT AS HELL, and the foam is soft and dead feeling. You won't see ANYONE wearing Ultra boost at the starting line of a race. It's a lifestyle shoe at best, and an imposter running shoe. The Epic React is not, it's a pure performance shoe from top to bottom.

Just a shame Nike screwed up the opportunity by releasing before testing what came out of production properly.

While I agree for the most part, I think you'll find more Ultra Boosts at the back of the pack. It's not at the start line because it's not a racing shoe. They shouldn't be wearing Vomeros up front, either. Full disclosure, I saw a lot of UBs and fewer Vomeros in my Disney halfs. Also (and this is not a knock on you, more something endemic to NT), you'd think from people here that Ultras are the only shoes with Boost in them. Nevermind the Energy, Supernova and ST, Tempo, Boston, Adios, and now the Sub2.

While I wouldn't say the Epic React is the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn, I totally agree with you that I'd wear over the UB, 10 times out of 10. Side note: I've finally noticed a breakdown in my Supernova ST cushion. Really bothering my arches, now. I like the shoe, but it's a bit heavy.

Last edited:
My brother ordered the Oreo boost and I tried them on and really don’t get all the hype with those! My 1st time ever trying them on and epic reacts blow them out of the water! My bro sent them back lol he loves my reacts but is waiting for more CWs

My brother ordered the Oreo boost and I tried them on and really don’t get all the hype with those! My 1st time ever trying them on and epic reacts blow them out of the water! My bro sent them back lol he loves my reacts but is waiting for more CWs

UB's aren't a bad sneaker to stroll in but they suck as a runner, they become mushy, I had the first colorway before the hype and quickly decided I didn't like running in them but to stroll around town they are cool

I think the more hype, the more nitpicky people are. Look at that new Star Wars movie. People overhype themselves and then get disappointed when the experience isn't like stepping into Jesus' sandals.

def agree, I also think there is a big Adidas fan boy crowd that doesn't want anything to challenge their precious boost, cult like

Looks like Lebron is sporting a rose gold pair...

Attachments

• 5633F1A6-BCBD-461C-8929-0B5655B13059.png
    5633F1A6-BCBD-461C-8929-0B5655B13059.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 129
I took the insole out of my unworn white fusion pair that was unlocked early. It does appear that my "sock liner" that should be adhered to the midsole is up in a few area. Its glue around the sides but sticking up in the middle. Is this what others are seeing as "popping gate"? S skids929

I took the insole out of my unworn white fusion pair that was unlocked early. It does appear that my "sock liner" that should be adhered to the midsole is up in a few area. Its glue around the sides but sticking up in the middle. Is this what others are seeing as "popping gate"? S skids929

Yes, thats my theory. Also Nike kind of validates it in their response to the review I noted. Safe to say thats where the defect is, but I am not a shoe designer. You might never get the popping noise, or it may reveal itself down the road. Bottom line, that lining should be attached and it's not in ALOT of shoes. All 5 pairs I have bought between myself (mostly me) and my wife's have had the exact same issue.

Can't wait until they fix because I love the shoe.

wait is this the dude that wrote a review saying he was returning all 5 pairs? like instantly

I am not the one who wrote the review on NDC, and if you are referring to me with your comment I haven't reviewed ANY of the shoes..Just on here to let folks know since no one knew why they popped until I pointed out the review on NDC. I have also spoken with Nike over the phone on it. And I didn't return 5 pairs (yet). I bought a total of 5..I bought two one black one grey, out of the gate, the first one, ran in it, popped. Bought another ran in it popped, bought another ran in it popped. Walked around in the grey popped. Wife won't dare wear hers since it has the same issue with the white lining. All have either been returned or will be next week.

Why anyone with this issue would keep this shoe is beyond me. To each their own I guess. For me I'd spend $300 on something else rather than a shoe that would piss me off down the road when knowing I had the ability to return it because of Nikes shoddy manufacturing process.

I haven't had any issues with the popping with my Wolf Greys *knocks on wood*. I've worn them a few times casually, but haven't run in them yet.

For those looking for Nike's response that S skids929 is referencing, here you go.

upload_2018-3-10_22-40-36.png

Thinking about it, I’d assume the popping isn’t the shoe itself, it’s more so air getting trapped in a closed area beneath the sole and surface you are walking on. I had this happen all the time when walking around the house in my Lunar Race 3’s that had the Nike sensor logo in the middle of the sole. So it’s probably just how your foot depresses with each step that causes a suction effect and popping sound when you lift the foot.

Or maybe it was the strobes like that review said haha

Thinking about it, I’d assume the popping isn’t the shoe itself, it’s more so air getting trapped in a closed area beneath the sole and surface you are walking on. I had this happen all the time when walking around the house in my Lunar Race 3’s that had the Nike sensor logo in the middle of the sole. So it’s probably just how your foot depresses with each step that causes a suction effect and popping sound when you lift the foot.

Or maybe it was the strobes like that review said haha

Good observation, and something I thought initially myself. Unfortunately it happens on ALL surfaces, with the exception of maybe the plushest carpet/pad since it buffers it a bit. Even there it can happen assuming the shoe is heated up enough with enough moisture in there. Wear a smartwool sock like I do, which pull moisture off the foot quickly and it happens within a few hours. I tried cotton socks and eventually it happens with those too. Nike says small amount but it's not small. They changed that review BTW, it was worded differently on Friday ( I should have cut and paste it, my bad). They also told me over the phone they stopped production on it temporarily, which I tend to beleive since all the men's are sold out in all sizes.

Looks like they pressed paused on this launch for now. Let's see how long this flub takes to correct. Personally I'd expect more out of a $40B company.

havent got my pair yet. are you guys saying theres a material underneath the insole thats open and pops when you step?

havent got my pair yet. are you guys saying theres a material underneath the insole thats open and pops when you step?
I wouldn’t worry about it.

Everyone in this thread is too busy wearing their pair and enjoying them to come in here and defend the shoe about something barely noticeable. For real. Was wondering why this thread jumped. Laughed a bit.

I wouldn’t worry about it.

Everyone in this thread is too busy wearing their pair and enjoying them to come in here and defend the shoe about something barely noticeable. For real. Was wondering why this thread jumped. Laughed a bit.
To be fair, if your pair pops, it's more than barely noticeable. It's really loud. I'm a Nike fanboy and still love the shoe, but saying it's barely noticeable is just wrong. Everyone within 50 feet of you notices it. Thankfully it sounds like it's been corrected and won't be an issue moving forward.

my air garnett 3 retros use to make a popping or crunching sound. i replaced the insoles and it went away. the popping was cuz when you flexed the forefoot the material on top of the midsole had an area where it wasnt glued on properly and their was a pocket of air underneath

Back
Top Bottom