Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

just got my pair in today and looking forward to getting a run in them soon. mid/forefoot striker so from what i heard, don’t think i should have much of an issue with the stability

Good luck! Make sure to post your thoughts. Unfortunately I need way more support than these offer so I can't use them for running. However, the comfort is unbelievable.

Good luck! Make sure to post your thoughts. Unfortunately I need way more support than these offer so I can't use them for running. However, the comfort is unbelievable.
Agreed 100%. They didn't work for me due to instability, but the person I gave mine to loves them. FlyteFoam Blast definitely feels bouncier than React and is just more fun to run in.

enjoyed my first run in the infinity reacts, a few tweaks on the upper for a better fit and this shoes would be top tier

as most had, there is a bit of a heel slip, i mean tying the laces tight enough and your foot wont go anywhere but the sensation is there, it goes away eventually but i might be able to go half size down or maybe ill wear thicker elite bball socks on the next run

also wish the midfoot could be tightened a bit more too since the forefoots on a wider side and a little more security there would help with the fit

i also felt the height on the arch, its somewhat raised but ince i started running it almost game a rocker sensation which helps making it a smoother transition
3E7DDC08-3B4C-480D-A241-B3EAC4E1CA0D.jpeg

enjoyed my first run in the infinity reacts, a few tweaks on the upper for a better fit and this shoes would be top tier

as most had, there is a bit of a heel slip, i mean tying the laces tight enough and your foot wont go anywhere but the sensation is there, it goes away eventually but i might be able to go half size down or maybe ill wear thicker elite bball socks on the next run

also wish the midfoot could be tightened a bit more too since the forefoots on a wider side and a little more security there would help with the fit

i also felt the height on the arch, its somewhat raised but ince i started running it almost game a rocker sensation which helps making it a smoother transition

I noticed the heel slip at first, but it either went away or I just never notice it anymore. I don't really feel the arch or the heel clip, though a lot of people find these somewhat intrusive. A couple weird things I noticed is that on my first pair (the OG white colorway), the glued-in sockliner on both shoes gradually tore off the strobel. Also, sometimes I get the sensation that the edge of the heel is rubbing on my achilles, but I'm not sure how since my sock is padded at that spot and the edge doesn't seem to be pressing on my achilles.

Agreed 100%. They didn't work for me due to instability, but the person I gave mine to loves them. FlyteFoam Blast definitely feels bouncier than React and is just more fun to run in.

you guys are on point with the novablast and me being a mid/forefoot striker, i love these things! good cushy but yet springy midsole that felt good at various paces. only issue is the stability with those turns but a very enjoyable and comfortable trainer.

hate to say it but i think i might have these replacing my reacts and got me really hyped now to see what asics is able to do with FF blast

5EEF86BB-7D71-468C-AB2C-E63B9B6A7554.jpeg

Hi,
I have the Novablast too, they are touch unstable at the heel but seem fine on hard surfaces for me. Also after 20/30 km they seem to firm up slightly and become a little more stable. Also changing the insole may help as that's soft. Fantastic everyday trainer at all paces. Steve

I agree I tried the Nike infinity react, saucony triumph 17 and new balance 1080 v10 and the Novablast was more responsive and comfortable at the same time - that bounce and propelling you forward is great . Too bad it doesn't work for everyone. Maybe in the next version they make it a little more stable. Its fine on roads and hard paths for me.

yeah i feel like if they lowered the height of the heel a bit then it would probably help with the stability for most

yeah i feel like if they lowered the height of the heel a bit then it would probably help with the stability for most
Also, I think the geometry of the foam in the heel leads to instability. The angular cuts in the heel look distinctive and cool, but the foam can fold over a bit right at the apex of the cuts. Seems like if if the cuts were gone or less pronounced on the medial side, it would help.

looks like the regular black pair but with an all white outsole. you can basically spend extra money to make them on NBY

I agree I tried the Nike infinity react, saucony triumph 17 and new balance 1080 v10 and the Novablast was more responsive and comfortable at the same time - that bounce and propelling you forward is great . Too bad it doesn't work for everyone. Maybe in the next version they make it a little more stable. Its fine on roads and hard paths for me.

Hopefully. Give me the Novablast with Kayano stability and it would likely be the best shoe I've ever had.

Renew is React’s takedown version or budget version, IIRC. With that said, I don’t think it’s softer than React.

It is definitely a lot firmer than the Infinitys. However, IMO, from a stability standpoint, the Renew Runs actually feel more supportive then the Infinitys.

renew isnt react, its the old lunarlon renamed

they arent even really hiding it:

The Nike Renew Run features Nike Lunarlon cushioning that uses a soft, responsive foam to absorb shock and reduce impact.

you guys are on point with the novablast and me being a mid/forefoot striker, i love these things! good cushy but yet springy midsole that felt good at various paces. only issue is the stability with those turns but a very enjoyable and comfortable trainer.

hate to say it but i think i might have these replacing my reacts and got me really hyped now to see what asics is able to do with FF blast

5EEF86BB-7D71-468C-AB2C-E63B9B6A7554.jpeg
A runners knot fixed all issues with turning in the Novablast for me.

I’m looking to get a pair of infinity run, but was wondering about sizing. I got a pair of odyssey react 2 and epic react 2, both in 9.5. The odyssey is pretty snug, while the ER2 is pretty roomy. I’ve seen post that say go with ur normal running shoe size (9.5 for me) on here, so I’m wondering if that’s the case? I’m a 9 TTS. TIA!!!

I’m looking to get a pair of infinity run, but was wondering about sizing. I got a pair of odyssey react 2 and epic react 2, both in 9.5. The odyssey is pretty snug, while the ER2 is pretty roomy. I’ve seen post that say go with ur normal running shoe size (9.5 for me) on here, so I’m wondering if that’s the case? I’m a 9 TTS. TIA!!!

I'd say TTS on the Infinitys.

TTS for me as well. There is an issue with heel lockdown a bit but I find when I run I don't notice it at all. Some people half size down because of heel lockdown but i find that the length and width is actually OK and has nothing to do with the heel lockdown

Back
Top Bottom