Nike Roshe Run: An Iconic Shoe?

I wouldn't say iconic, but they're definitely a great shoe. It's a Nike sportswear release, so they aren't really made for performance. The hype for these is unnecessary and I wish Nike would just sell them in Footlocker so that I don't need to jump through hoops in order to get them. I refuse to pay over retail so the only pair I have is the grey and teal. A Nike customer service rep found them for me at some running store in CT earlier in the summer and I was able to order them for retail while all of these idiots were buying them on ebay for $140.

I wouldn't say iconic, but they're definitely a great shoe. It's a Nike sportswear release, so they aren't really made for performance. The hype for these is unnecessary and I wish Nike would just sell them in Footlocker so that I don't need to jump through hoops in order to get them. I refuse to pay over retail so the only pair I have is the grey and teal. A Nike customer service rep found them for me at some running store in CT earlier in the summer and I was able to order them for retail while all of these idiots were buying them on ebay for $140.
Great comment

yea, I dont get the hype. They are ok but not that special. i just think the fact that they arent easy to come by makes people who buy them feel like members of a special little club.

Also, I think nike pretty much maxed out all the colorways they could possibly do with the shoe. So for the second version they changed it up and added a swoosh.

Last edited:
Also, I think nike pretty much maxed out all the colorways they could possibly do with the shoe. So for the second version they changed it up and added a swoosh.

How about a black sole with white uppers? Is that colorway out?

I still think they ruined it and made it too busy and adding the swoosh by the toe just ruins it. I mean I was never a big fan of how the shoe looks and I think Nike manages to make it worse.

dude bumped this thread exactly a year ago from the last post, if it wasn't for FutureMD I probably wouldn't have noticed :lol:

Last edited:
Got some at DTLR n the mall here for 29.99 prob last pair. But the rest are only 59.99

Might scoop a cpl pairs

I too grabbed a pair for 30. Tarps I think. Love the shoe. I wear roshe almost every day and neglect my other shoes

Rock my tarps religiously. It looks like your walking on slime or something. I love roshes but they aren't an iconic Nike shoe...yet. Time will decide that

They're going to run it into the ground with all of the dumb colors and weird variations. Keep it simple, stupid.

Contradicting my earlier post in this thread, I copped some Iguanas and love them because I can throw them on with a clean pair of jeans and a nice tee and have a easy fit

Need the black ones, or the black tiger print ones, but they are the hype shoe around here don't wanna be a copy

Just ordered a pair of the Black Sails. Great casual shoe. Iconic, not so sure about that...

Yeezy wearing a shoe makes me want the shoe less. Other then the visvims or whatever they called

Back
Top Bottom