Nike says high hype is killing the culture / Sneaker culture is “gentrified”

EE635237-2840-43D1-97B8-04BD0D41DBAD.gif

Either they are just spinning peoples wheels or they are absolutely out of touch, like most decision makers in this country.This is a direct result from Nike’s decision.

The problem is you can increase the amount pairs but it doesn’t change the fact bots are snatching up everything.
Get rid of bots… problem solved.

Why just focus on bots when you can eliminate the entire issue?

Shoes have resell value because there is currently more buyers for the shoe than pairs available. Yes part of that scarcity does come from bots but they don’t override simple economics.

If you increase the supply and the demand stays the same the price will drop. Bots are a byproduct of people wanting an advantage to secure a hard to get product.

If it’s enough pairs for those that want the shoe. You will also eliminate bots.

Shoes have resell value because there is currently more buyers for the shoe than pairs available. Yes part of that scarcity does come from bots but they don’t override simple economics.

If you increase the supply and the demand stays the same the price will drop. Bots are a byproduct of people wanting an advantage to secure a hard to get product.

If it’s enough pairs for those that want the shoe. You will also eliminate bots.
You underestimate the money some of these resellers have. I know one. It doesn’t matter how many you make, they will still buy them up and stock half for years and sell half now

You underestimate the money some of these resellers have. I know one. It doesn’t matter how many you make, they will still buy them up and stock half for years and sell half now
No major reseller wants to sit on stock... Especially not for years.

Like WASHED KING WASHED KING said... Eliminate scarcity, eliminate bots. Problem solved.

I haven't bought a pair of J's in years but Cool Grey Xi's are a personal favorite so I will try for those. Thankfully they ramp up the production numbers for Christmas.

Who the hell are they kidding :rofl: Shareholders are all that matter. Capitalism gone capitalism but please don’t patronize the same black community that singlehandedly made your products cool to the masses when all you really give a damn about is your bottom line and then some.
Correct, which is why this matters. They are losing consumers due to their own doings of a ****ty application "snkrs"

I remember I hit on the Bred 1s several years ago and was in genuine shock.

I haven't bought a pair of J's in years but Cool Grey Xi's are a personal favorite so I will try for those. Thankfully they ramp up the production numbers for Christmas.
The Xmas 11 is a good example of what increased numbers does to a covered release.

You only miss out if you gave minimal effort... And even with minimal effort, it's kinda hard to strike out.

Supply coming close to meeting demand.

Yea, the apps and website are the issue. It’s too easy for bots to beat them. Actually putting stock in brick and mortar would at least give people a chance. Footlockers a glorified team jordan store

That would probably just lead to more back dooring by those shady employees. It’s a cluster fu…no matter what.

There’ll never be enough pairs for people that want them. That’s expected and somewhat necessary.
There’s no reason they can’t add a step in the process to weed out the bots, like yesterday though.

nike could post up a sample of the production model and take direct pre-orders to slash reselling and give consumers a fair shot.

if they did that, they’d lose billions in free marketing that shoe collectors give them by posting SNKRS memes, crying about **** online, social media glamour shots, etc.

i thought it was dumb when they started releasing pre-yellowed, fake dirty/worn shoes but they’re gonna release a pre-crumbled shoe. A FAKE BROKEN SHOE!

and people will pay stupid resell prices to own one 🤡

9EAE5F29-6F1B-4F48-A1A4-9F68F5FF2738.jpeg
Thrift store look is gonna be the new fad. Crazy how a label and expensive tag is ask it takes to make people think something is high fashion.

Just stop the BS and make the shoes available.
I'm not sure if shoe production is like my industry. I work in the electric mobility space, and when we sell out, I always get told by customers and/or retailers, "just make more bikes". Easier said than done. To make a bike, it takes parts. Parts come from a number of different suppliers, stock is scares for suppliers, especially in an industry were pretty much brands share or use similar parts. Some parts on back order for 9 months, some brands outbid others for parts. It's a tough game. Customers and retailers don't see that, or understand. I wonder if it's the same for Nike.

All these problems combined with this pandemic, getting older, and the troublesome effort to obtain popular highly demanded things, which is a gamble for the most part, makes me realize it's time to sell most of my collection. Stack up cash and change priorities. If customers are paying, then it's time.

I'm not sure if shoe production is like my industry. I work in the electric mobility space, and when we sell out, I always get told by customers and/or retailers, "just make more bikes". Easier said than done. To make a bike, it takes parts. Parts come from a number of different suppliers, stock is scares for suppliers, especially in an industry were pretty much brands share or use similar parts. Some parts on back order for 9 months, some brands outbid others for parts. It's a tough game. Customers and retailers don't see that, or understand. I wonder if it's the same for Nike.

I understand but I don’t think it applies to Nike. Replica factories can pump out new TS 1’severy week and still find a way to make money but you’re telling me Nike can’t up supply due to lack of materials?

Im not rolling with it.

Look at what ALD and NB did with their 550 collab. Before the re-release the original colorways were north of 400-500 depending on size and which colorway you were looking at. Now all can be had for just over 200 except the red which wasn’t included.

The shoes still sold out, yes they still have resell value but by upping the supply the aftermarket prices came down.

Same thing with how every many times Kanye and Adidas wants to put out the Zebras and Wave Runners.

Last edited:
All these problems combined with this pandemic, getting older, and the troublesome effort to obtain popular highly demanded things, which is a gamble for the most part, makes me realize it's time to sell most of my collection. Stack up cash and change priorities. If customers are paying, then it's time.
Hype is wild man.

My big bro been wearing these dunks for 15 years and they are beat. He had me sell em last week to help fund a housing project we are working on.

Screenshot_20211012-062433_eBay.jpg

With that said now is definitely the time. If y'all want **** like this that bad y'all can have it.

Hype is wild man.

My big bro been wearing these dunks for 15 years and they are beat. He had me sell em last week to help fund a housing project we are working on.

With that said now is definitely the time. If y'all want **** like this that bad y'all can have it.
What app is this?

Which is why preorders are the way to go with limits per household.
You can have $100k just for shoes, but you can't have 1000 addresses.

Which is why preorders are the way to go with limits per household.
You can have $100k just for shoes, but you can't have 1000 addresses.

I can write my address like 25-30 different ways and the packages will still get to me.

BUT I do agree with preorders.

Hype is wild man.

:emoji_thinking::emoji_thinking: Tweed cant crease.

Back
Top Bottom