NIKE SKATEBOARDING NOT GETTING THE LOVE OF THE NIKETALK??

Honestly....the novelty of SBs wore off for a lot of people because the quantities of shoes being produced increased as did the number of store selling them. It's no longer hard to get some Sb dunks, there's no more feeling of owning something not many people have.

After 2005, nike started giving out more and more sb accounts and played out the whole "inspiration" behind each shoe thing. The colorways got nauseatingly funky and the inspirations got corny. SBs went from a simple underground skate shoe to a fashionista poser teenager's shoe of choice. The image changed when people with no knowledge of sneakers, skateboarding or even non-tacky culture for that matter, caught on. Now no one cares.

i dont care what you guys say... its a fact Nike SB will not fall off...

if the Theme is good, and colorscheme is on point... they will always have hits.

i dont care what you guys say... its a fact Nike SB will not fall off...

if the Theme is good, and colorscheme is on point... they will always have hits.

laugh.gif
...if you feel as tho that the quantity of good releases they put out is the same as before, more power to you, I just can't agree wit that tho...

A release may be ok, not bad, even good, but that doesn't necessarily make it a hit...

and yes every yr they probably can manage to pull of 1 or 2 great releases but that's not enough

laugh.gif
...if you feel as tho that the quantity of good releases they put out is the same as before, more power to you, I just can't agree wit that tho...

A release may be ok, not bad, even good, but that doesn't necessarily make it a hit...

and yes every yr they probably can manage to pull of 1 or 2 great releases but that's not enough

never once did i say the amount of good releases is as consistent as before.........

the line itself will not fall off. the shoes are under a buck and they're nikes... they will always be around.
the shoe we dislike and compare to other hot/old releases, are hot to the general public (kids).
rare to see SBs at outlets, unless they're p-rods.
but the 6.0s...
grin.gif

and back then, limited meant something... and the release WAS actually limited. which made it hot.
there are still a lot of dope themes to come out with. but they're smart bout it this time around.
(future rumors: RockyBalboa, terminator, and a lot more that i was told.... im no insider btw, just a guy that ppl like talking to)

if you live in SoCal, visit these Nike skateshops, these store managers know what they're talking about. a lot of good insight stuff that isnt really put out there. 
a completely different environment from other branches of Nike.

these ppl actually respect other skating shoe brands, they still feel like there is respect that needs to be earned. They listen to ppl. hence the reason of the removal of the tongue... but ppl complained and brought it back.

SBs back then = A virgin that wanted to prove something and busted a nut too soon
SBs now = Taking their time and enjoying the f***

never once did i say the amount of good releases is as consistent as before.........

the line itself will not fall off. the shoes are under a buck and they're nikes... they will always be around.
the shoe we dislike and compare to other hot/old releases, are hot to the general public (kids).
but the 6.0s...
grin.gif

and back then, limited meant something... and the release WAS actually limited. which made it hot.
there are still a lot of dope themes to come out with. but they're smart bout it this time around.
(future rumors: RockyBalboa, terminator, and a lot more that i was told.... im no insider btw, just a guy that ppl like talking to)

if you live in SoCal, visit these Nike skateshops, these store managers know what they're talking about. a lot of good insight stuff that isnt really put out there. 

these ppl actually respect other skating shoe brands, they still feel like there is respect that needs to be earned. They listen to ppl. hence the reason of the removal of the tongue... but ppl complained and brought it back.

SBs back then = A virgin that wanted to prove something and busted a nut too soon

Originally Posted by never wear them

but the 6.0s...
grin.gif

i think we have a different understanding/implementation of the term fall off....

example: Buffalo Bills went to the super bowl from 90-93...94-97 they only went to the playoffs twice in those yrs and advanced past the 1st rd once...no Super Bowl/Conference Championship appearances...this understanding of "falling off" is in line with your own admission that the good releases aren't as before...im not speaking from a quality standoint...but sb's are rarely sold for under 120 with the good releases goin for a lot more round these parts and from my numerous trips to the outlet thread, sb's seem to be numerous in the outlets...

i never said they wouldn't come to cease to exist, i'm just sayin the amount of good releases that drop is no where close to before....thus, they fell off

Originally Posted by never wear them

but the 6.0s...
grin.gif

i think we have a different understanding/implementation of the term fall off....

example: Buffalo Bills went to the super bowl from 90-93...94-97 they only went to the playoffs twice in those yrs and advanced past the 1st rd once...no Super Bowl/Conference Championship appearances...this understanding of "falling off" is in line with your own admission that the good releases aren't as before...im not speaking from a quality standoint...but sb's are rarely sold for under 120 with the good releases goin for a lot more round these parts and from my numerous trips to the outlet thread, sb's seem to be numerous in the outlets...

i never said they wouldn't come to cease to exist, i'm just sayin the amount of good releases that drop is no where close to before....thus, they fell off

Not to fuss
laugh.gif
but the term falling off wasn't being directed towards your comment. You replied after I said SB not falling off, which means.... You were replying back regarding about that. That's where the misunderstanding comes into play.

I just think SB needs a couple of faces to represent them to put em back on top.

Those PROD 4s are pure garbage. Now if sh** like that continues, then yes, SB isn't gonna spark as once it used to, ever.

Not to fuss
laugh.gif
but the term falling off wasn't being directed towards your comment. You replied after I said SB not falling off, which means.... You were replying back regarding about that. That's where the misunderstanding comes into play.

I just think SB needs a couple of faces to represent them to put em back on top.

Those PROD 4s are pure garbage. Now if sh** like that continues, then yes, SB isn't gonna spark as once it used to, ever.

Who cares if Nike SB has "fallen off." Although I don't own any of the recent releases, I still think some of them are actually pretty descent.

And I'll continue rocking my older releases until they fall apart regardless if they're not "getting the love from NT."

And if y'all know, Niketalk is full of band-wagoners, they'll jump on whatever the next big trend is...*cough* those in WDYWT wearing AMs all of a sudden and thinking they're the best thing ever *cough*

Who cares if Nike SB has "fallen off." Although I don't own any of the recent releases, I still think some of them are actually pretty descent.

And I'll continue rocking my older releases until they fall apart regardless if they're not "getting the love from NT."

And if y'all know, Niketalk is full of band-wagoners, they'll jump on whatever the next big trend is...*cough* those in WDYWT wearing AMs all of a sudden and thinking they're the best thing ever *cough*

I actually created a thread a couple of weeks ago looking for some all white dunk highs...

The problem for me is that some of the sneakers are too loud. I understand that bright colors are in, but can they put out
some "simple" colors.

Also, a lil off topic... How do dunks fit? True to size? Narrow?

I actually created a thread a couple of weeks ago looking for some all white dunk highs...

The problem for me is that some of the sneakers are too loud. I understand that bright colors are in, but can they put out
some "simple" colors.

Originally Posted by 555fresh

some "simple" colors.

i say true to size. i wear the same size in air max and jordans

Originally Posted by 555fresh

some "simple" colors.

i say true to size. i wear the same size in air max and jordans

Back
Top Bottom