Nike Space Hippie

Tried desktop again for SNKRS and got the W on the 01. Also won the 02 from darkside but ain't paying $15 shipping don't really want the 02.
Image 7-16-20 at 7.05 AM.jpeg
MIND SCOOPING FOR ME ILL PAY THE 15 SHIPPING

Prices will come down once Volt pairs are in hands. OGs are keepers. These Volts are quick flips and the market will be saturated with them in a week.

OG cw way better than these, and even those prices coming down a little. If I'm paying resell it'll be for another model pair in the OG cw not these

oh i know they’ll come down some in price. I just don’t like paying resell unless it’s a shoe that i desperately want. I have the 04 volts but i really want a pair of 01’s in either color. I’ll probably just go for the new vapor maxes in a couple weeks. They used recycled materials as well lol

Sorry dude, Nike doesn't care about who likes their products or what people do with them after the fact. They're a billion dollar corporation that can do whatever it wants and they'll still get their billions. Bots aside, people have always exploited on release dates. When standing on line was a thing, people got paid to stand on line to snatch up extra pairs that the reseller would flip. No one is entitled to sneakers more than another person. I try my hand at most snkrs releases because if they resell, then I use that profit to buy some **** I actually want for myself. The game changes. The "culture" changes. We're no longer ordering retro jordans from eastbay catalogs. We adapted from that, we can adapt to this.

On the topic of marketing - look how many people TODAY have referenced the "this shoe is trash" tagline they attributed to the shoe. That's marketing's effect.
I think we agree....all good, it is what it is. Would be nice to see an alternative option to SNKRS at some point though.

Prices will come down once Volt pairs are in hands. OGs are keepers. These Volts are quick flips and the market will be saturated with them in a week.

OG cw way better than these, and even those prices coming down a little. If I'm paying resell it'll be for another model pair in the OG cw not these
Yeah definitely a lot more of the volts as I figured it would be. I’m one and done with the first color way of the 03 (might do a pair of the Vapormax) as you mentioned a few times I also believe these will be the ones to hold the most value. Nike is really about to unleash the flood gates with this whole crater foam recycled flyknit thing lol They have
1. The 3 crater Chuck Taylors
2. The 3 Jordan Brand crater pairs
3. Plus the 5 pairs of Vapormax releasing

thapointguy thapointguy - the Chucks caught my eye since the press release. Loving them!

joulze joulze - that's the intended plan. The 01s/02s/03s/04s is the "kickstart" product line-up. The goal is (or should be) to make consumers understand that they're looking to go towards something bigger and that missing on the 01s/02s/03s/04s is okay as long as the consumer knows that there's a new and deep[er] mission being kicked off. Of course, many people just want the kickstart products more than anything else, so it's reasonable. I feel that if they want to make sustainable products, they better milk it as much as possible until the next slow-fashion idea comes in. :wink:

Easy for all of us to fall into FOMO marketing, but as long as we understand the bigger picture, it's all good. We all strike out, and we all find a way to move on anyway; many of us just can't really see it.

Last edited:
us3less us3less Yeah just like when they first rolled out flyknit then had it on everything lol

whatever case I’m glad to see a lot W’s on the volts today. For those who took L’s I’m sure you lol have your chance to get your hands on a pair.

us3less us3less Yeah just like when they first rolled out flyknit then had it on everything lol

Exactly. :wink: Went from the Flyknit Trainers and Racers to reinventing performance to reinventing classics to being on sports bras. Next thing you know... Flyknit + Space Hippie ethos boxer briefs for men with React.

I think I'm drunk.

Flyknit expanded quickly but Trainers and Racers are still some of my favorite shoes though. The OG Flyknit color ways and models were the best which is how most Nike releases go. They may make some GR Space Hippies but we're all still going to want the 03s and these clean OG color ways.

Resell prices on OG have dropped quite a bit compared to last week, but still not a range I would pay. Looking forward to get the Volt in hand here soon, to see what it looks like in person. After scoring the Flints from Size earlier this week with NT help, this week ended up being pretty good, which is nice after weeks of frustrating Ls.

Yeah definitely a lot more of the volts as I figured it would be. I’m one and done with the first color way of the 03 (might do a pair of the Vapormax) as you mentioned a few times I also believe these will be the ones to hold the most value. Nike is really about to unleash the flood gates with this whole crater foam recycled flyknit thing lol They have
1. The 3 crater Chuck Taylors
2. The 3 Jordan Brand crater pairs
3. Plus the 5 pairs of Vapormax releasing

Yeah, I'm glad to see they made a bunch more of these, even the 03s this time. I'm looking forward to when people start getting them in hand and posting pics on here. But yeah, I'm good at one and done with the OG 03 too. If I ever fall into one of these other CWs at retail or lesser than, maybe. But I'm never paying resale again after the OG 03. I was SICKKKK for a day or three when I missed out on that joint. It was resale or misery :lol:

Yeah, I'm glad to see they made a bunch more of these, even the 03s this time. I'm looking forward to when people start getting them in hand and posting pics on here. But yeah, I'm good at one and done with the OG 03 too. If I ever fall into one of these other CWs at retail or lesser than, maybe. But I'm never paying resale again after the OG 03. I was SICKKKK for a day or three when I missed out on that joint. It was resale or misery :lol:

Yeah, I wanted the OG CW too and was pissed/frustrated, but had no plans to pay 2 to 3 times retail. It's a fun pair, but not like a Jordan I would really want. So when I saw these being announced and since the black and yellow pop a bit more, I'm curious to see these in hand. I like the orange in the OG, but when you look at the off-white color band, with the light yellow/orange Nike text, it is very hard to be able to see that from a distance, while on the volt, it stands out more.

It would be interesting to see how people would buy and talk about these had both CWs released at the same time, and that OG element would not be part of the decision making.

Yeah, I wanted the OG CW too and was pissed/frustrated, but had no plans to pay 2 to 3 times retail. It's a fun pair, but not like a Jordan I would really want. So when I saw these being announced and since the black and yellow pop a bit more, I'm curious to see these in hand. I like the orange in the OG, but when you look at the off-white color band, with the light yellow/orange Nike text, it is very hard to be able to see that from a distance, while on the volt, it stands out more.

It would be interesting to see how people would buy and talk about these had both CWs released at the same time, and that OG element would not be part of the decision making.

That's interesting but I think that OG aspect is always going to factor in. Like the Turtle Doves far from the dopest Yeezy 350 cw but they were the inaugural cw so they hold ridiculous value.

With these I think one of the things that made the OG 03 pop more to people isn't necessarily that it's the first, but that when people first saw that silhouette, and in that cw it had that Air Mag vibe to it. Like the Volts are definitely dope, but I do think if both cws had dropped the OGs would have had the slight edge for that reason. But IDK. I'm just spitballing. Who knows lol

Not feeling that red at all. EZ pass

EDIT so I don't double post: grailed offer of $220 shipped (no tax) got accepted. And I had $50 in my paypal from some stuff I sold recently, $170 out of pocket. I'm pretty ok with that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom