Nike Tiffany Dunk SB Appreciation Summer 2005 hype at all new levels

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Heinnys got hype from the cease and desist order/ overall looks (no shoe had those bright colors like that before), where as Diamonds got hype probably just from the Diamond collab,,hmmm thats another good question, why were they (Diamonds) hyped up so much?

Did you see my thread question/ idea in my last post?

honestly it had nothing to do with the Diamond collab, it was how the shoe looked if this was the case the Stussy Dunks would have had hype through the roof compared to Tiffs...it was just the design to the shoe, unique color, croc leather, etc

Heinnys got hype from the cease and desist order/ overall looks (no shoe had those bright colors like that before), where as Diamonds got hype probably just from the Diamond collab,,hmmm thats another good question, why were they (Diamonds) hyped up so much?

Did you see my thread question/ idea in my last post?

honestly it had nothing to do with the Diamond collab, it was how the shoe looked if this was the case the Stussy Dunks would have had hype through the roof compared to Tiffs...it was just the design to the shoe, unique color, croc leather, etc

right, think if those samples had dropped, things wouldn't have been the same. IMO Material is just as important as cw.

How much were Supas, Mulders, etc when they dropped (resale wise) was there a demand? Like when did the SB resale market really take off?

I think this was a great thread idea and to be honest I would like to make a suggestion, instead of just focusing on the Diamond, I think making one big 02-05 thread would be better. We have the Pigeon thread, so why not combine them all, so all this valuable information and pics are in one place and are easily accessible?

anyone have the catalog pic or any line shots?
also wasnt there a pic of Diamonds, like this Paris one (i think they're b grades)?
paris-nike-sb-dunk-sneaker-picture.jpg

right, think if those samples had dropped, things wouldn't have been the same. IMO Material is just as important as cw.

How much were Supas, Mulders, etc when they dropped (resale wise) was there a demand? Like when did the SB resale market really take off?

I think this was a great thread idea and to be honest I would like to make a suggestion, instead of just focusing on the Diamond, I think making one big 02-05 thread would be better. We have the Pigeon thread, so why not combine them all, so all this valuable information and pics are in one place and are easily accessible?

also wasnt there a pic of Diamonds, like this Paris one (i think they're b grades)?

Wow that old thread up there with the old catalogue pics has some memorable NTer's posting! Few names i haven't seen for a while.

As for the Tiffs, missed them on release day but picked up a pair about 6 months later for a decent price. Still got them DS somewhere. Really should break them out this summer along with a whole host of other stuff i have DS.

Wow that old thread up there with the old catalogue pics has some memorable NTer's posting! Few names i haven't seen for a while.

As for the Tiffs, missed them on release day but picked up a pair about 6 months later for a decent price. Still got them DS somewhere. Really should break them out this summer along with a whole host of other stuff i have DS.

The only few sbs that i have left along with my jedis and hunters. I remember waiting 12 hours In line just to be the first person to get them
laugh.gif

They are truly
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
everytime I wear them. The quality and the concept of the shoe is purely amazing
pimp.gif

The only few sbs that i have left along with my jedis and hunters. I remember waiting 12 hours In line just to be the first person to get them
laugh.gif

They are truly
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
everytime I wear them. The quality and the concept of the shoe is purely amazing
pimp.gif

Had my pair on lock @ Huf.We still had to line up though. My boy wanted em more than anything so we rolled to the store after the club with a 5th of henny ,and no chairs or jackets for the campout. Good times. Good times. Whether it was the beasts or not, it was a fun time to be a sneakerhead. Now everythings' widely available , mostly online. Is the thrill of the hunt gone for new releases?

Had my pair on lock @ Huf.We still had to line up though. My boy wanted em more than anything so we rolled to the store after the club with a 5th of henny ,and no chairs or jackets for the campout. Good times. Good times. Whether it was the beasts or not, it was a fun time to be a sneakerhead. Now everythings' widely available , mostly online. Is the thrill of the hunt gone for new releases?

LOL@ dude with them shorts. I know he has to regret that. If I remember correctly he showed up at the Tiff release at Undft just to walk by the line and show off 
laugh.gif

Copped on ebay a few months after. Think i payed $200 shipped from Australia. Dude didnt double box and the box came in lil beat up. Wore them maybe 10 times throughout the years.Love em.

LOL@ dude with them shorts. I know he has to regret that. If I remember correctly he showed up at the Tiff release at Undft just to walk by the line and show off 
laugh.gif

Copped on ebay a few months after. Think i payed $200 shipped from Australia. Dude didnt double box and the box came in lil beat up. Wore them maybe 10 times throughout the years.Love em.

i got 2 pairs held down for me and i sold both before i even wore one. they're nice shoes. had my gf at the time bugging me for a pair too. offered a dude on NT $600 for his size 6 and he didn't even respond. i probably would have gone even higher. till this day, i get irritated when i see him post haha.

i got 2 pairs held down for me and i sold both before i even wore one. they're nice shoes. had my gf at the time bugging me for a pair too. offered a dude on NT $600 for his size 6 and he didn't even respond. i probably would have gone even higher. till this day, i get irritated when i see him post haha.

Interesting fact about these. All but 4 pairs were B grades.

Interesting fact about these. All but 4 pairs were B grades.

thanks moneymike, thats what I remember. There was a Diamond pic like that; with like 20 pairs. Would you guys say that no shoe will receive this much hype again? HMMMM, freddys probably would have, would have come close at least

thanks moneymike, thats what I remember. There was a Diamond pic like that; with like 20 pairs. Would you guys say that no shoe will receive this much hype again? HMMMM, freddys probably would have, would have come close at least

^ if there is another WELL executed city series its very possible to get the same reaction...sewer rat instead of pigeon for nyc will definitely garner some attention

Back
Top Bottom