Nike Tiffany Dunk SB Appreciation Summer 2005 hype at all new levels

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Tiffs did not start the SB hype,

The first set of SB's sat on my skate shops shelves almost a year later they still had some sizes in Mulder's, Forbes, Gino's and the Brown/Orange Blazers and the other releases didn't sell out either...it slowly started to build and then Supreme dropped round 2 and all the hype cats got on the wagon, the same ones who bash SB now like they are on some ultra hip level, they are all lame to me. The Dunk is an all time classic shoe but since it's no longer the mid 2000's it's not cool anymore to little wack hype beasts. The same people who wear the trash called SUPRA.

I remember walking into my local skate shop back home (Homebase 610) in 2003 and picking up the Futuras and Takashis for retail with absolutely no problem.  Damn I wish I still had those Futuras.

I think the hype around the Supreme Lows was more about Supreme than being Nike SBs.  I would say the shoe that really started the hype was the Heinekens.

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Luckily I fell into a pair last month while doing an eBay meetup, $273 for a deadstock pair of Diamonds
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 amazing price.  thats like what they were going for when they FIRST dropped.  ive seen them hitting around $700 these days.
To be fair, the guy told me they were the pair used as a display at the shop he bought them at, so the right shoe was in a plexiglass case and as a result the outer midsole was somewhat yellowed. I used some of that teeth whitening gel for one night and it's all gone
smile.gif

StillIn729 wrote:
it slowly started to build and then Supreme dropped round 2 and all the hype cats got on the wagon, the same ones who bash SB now like they are on some ultra hip level, they are all lame to me. The Dunk is an all time classic shoe but since it's no longer the mid 2000's it's not cool anymore to little wack hype beasts.

Agreed 100%
People are flocks, it seems to me the more people think they're individual they claim to be the more apparent their sheep-like tendencies come out.

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Luckily I fell into a pair last month while doing an eBay meetup, $273 for a deadstock pair of Diamonds
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 amazing price.  thats like what they were going for when they FIRST dropped.  ive seen them hitting around $700 these days.
To be fair, the guy told me they were the pair used as a display at the shop he bought them at, so the right shoe was in a plexiglass case and as a result the outer midsole was somewhat yellowed. I used some of that teeth whitening gel for one night and it's all gone
smile.gif

StillIn729 wrote:
it slowly started to build and then Supreme dropped round 2 and all the hype cats got on the wagon, the same ones who bash SB now like they are on some ultra hip level, they are all lame to me. The Dunk is an all time classic shoe but since it's no longer the mid 2000's it's not cool anymore to little wack hype beasts.

Agreed 100%
People are flocks, it seems to me the more people think they're individual they claim to be the more apparent their sheep-like tendencies come out.

Copped on activemailorder.com as soon as they popped up on the website for $99.99. Beat them to death and sold them last Christmas for $250.
Probably one of my favorite Dunks ever but can't say I miss them considering the facts I'm not into SBs anymore like that.

Copped on activemailorder.com as soon as they popped up on the website for $99.99. Beat them to death and sold them last Christmas for $250.
Probably one of my favorite Dunks ever but can't say I miss them considering the facts I'm not into SBs anymore like that.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

The first set of SB's sat on my skate shops shelves almost a year later they still had some sizes in Mulder's, Forbes, Gino's and the Brown/Orange Blazers and the other releases didn't sell out either...it slowly started to build and then Supreme dropped round 2 and all the hype cats got on the wagon, the same ones who bash SB now like they are on some ultra hip level, they are all lame to me. The Dunk is an all time classic shoe but since it's no longer the mid 2000's it's not cool anymore to little wack hype beasts. The same people who wear the trash called SUPRA.

I remember walking into my local skate shop back home (Homebase 610) in 2003 and picking up the Futuras and Takashis for retail with absolutely no problem.  Damn I wish I still had those Futuras.

I think the hype around the Supreme Lows was more about Supreme than being Nike SBs.  I would say the shoe that really started the hype was the Heinekens.
see I picked the Heinekens no problem at Nocturnal (that was my spot when I was younger) I'm sure you have been there plenty of times yourself...the first shoe I really remember people getting in line for at Nocturnal was the Lucky and Unluckies 
the one shoe I really miss is the True Red lows, I'm glad they are bringing out a High pair this year, I wish Nike would start reverse retroing shoes like this such as a Supa High

see I picked the Heinekens no problem at Nocturnal (that was my spot when I was younger) I'm sure you have been there plenty of times yourself...the first shoe I really remember people getting in line for at Nocturnal was the Lucky and Unluckies 
the one shoe I really miss is the True Red lows, I'm glad they are bringing out a High pair this year, I wish Nike would start reverse retroing shoes like this such as a Supa High

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

how much are thye worth then Stillin?600? My friend found some for 400 DS

people ask for $600 but look on eBay and sneaker sites and you will see them for sale for months with no buyers.  I'd say a fair price now is anyone from $400-$500, $400 is a good deal I would tell go for it but make sure they are authentic.
I paid $475 for my DS pair but I had a $100 reward on my credit card so it was really $375 actual cash out of my pocket.  

My friend copped that pair at SF DXC, such a steal, kinda haha...Would you say this was the MOST hyped SB dunk or what? De las and Pigeons had a lot of hype, but I think Pigeons come close to these.

Interesting thread
http://niketalk.com/topic/1724/Did-the-Tiffs-start-the-hype?page=1

Man I wish catalog pics of dunks were this good still
http://niketalk.com/topic/14069/Oct-04-May-05-Non-Retro-SB-Release-Info-Pics?page=1
Maybe the most. Pigeon's, Tiff's, De La's and the Whatthedunks
sick.gif
were all OD

how much are thye worth then Stillin?600? My friend found some for 400 DS

people ask for $600 but look on eBay and sneaker sites and you will see them for sale for months with no buyers.  I'd say a fair price now is anyone from $400-$500, $400 is a good deal I would tell go for it but make sure they are authentic.
I paid $475 for my DS pair but I had a $100 reward on my credit card so it was really $375 actual cash out of my pocket.  

My friend copped that pair at SF DXC, such a steal, kinda haha...Would you say this was the MOST hyped SB dunk or what? De las and Pigeons had a lot of hype, but I think Pigeons come close to these.

Interesting thread
http://niketalk.com/topic/1724/Did-the-Tiffs-start-the-hype?page=1

Man I wish catalog pics of dunks were this good still
http://niketalk.com/topic/14069/Oct-04-May-05-Non-Retro-SB-Release-Info-Pics?page=1
Maybe the most. Pigeon's, Tiff's, De La's and the Whatthedunks
sick.gif
were all OD

Originally Posted by kanyeiwest

damn got ya moneys worth and more..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kanyeiwest

damn got ya moneys worth and more..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Right Stillin, I know Diamonds didn't start the hype, but I asked what the dunk with the most hype surrounding it was...A lot of people say ESPOs led to the camping, Premes, even Dooms (after Diamonds however). I think the Diamond collab really put SB on the mainstream map and then Nike got greedy and raised the price on dunks, just taking advantage of the demand, but still.

4wrestling,
I kind of agree with you on the Supreme comment, but I think the success of that shoe was due to the look more so than it was SB, but I think that pair got people thinking about SBs (dunks) for collection purposes, and I say that when preme lows dropped that was when the collecting really took off though people had already been collecting from the beginning. The hype on those was WAY less than on Diamonds probably b/c people may not have known about Nike SB back then in terms of the number of people that know now. I think the number of collectors and sadly HBs increased after the tiffs. How much were Supas, Mulders, etc when they dropped (resale wise)? Like when did the SB resale market really take off?

I think this was a great thread idea and to be honest I would like to make a suggestion, instead of just focusing on the Diamond, I think making one big 02-05 thread would be better. We have the Pigeon thread, so why not combine them all, so all this valuable information and pics are in one place and are easily accessible?

Right Stillin, I know Diamonds didn't start the hype, but I asked what the dunk with the most hype surrounding it was...A lot of people say ESPOs led to the camping, Premes, even Dooms (after Diamonds however). I think the Diamond collab really put SB on the mainstream map and then Nike got greedy and raised the price on dunks, just taking advantage of the demand, but still.

4wrestling,
I kind of agree with you on the Supreme comment, but I think the success of that shoe was due to the look more so than it was SB, but I think that pair got people thinking about SBs (dunks) for collection purposes, and I say that when preme lows dropped that was when the collecting really took off though people had already been collecting from the beginning. The hype on those was WAY less than on Diamonds probably b/c people may not have known about Nike SB back then in terms of the number of people that know now. I think the number of collectors and sadly HBs increased after the tiffs. How much were Supas, Mulders, etc when they dropped (resale wise)? Like when did the SB resale market really take off?

I think this was a great thread idea and to be honest I would like to make a suggestion, instead of just focusing on the Diamond, I think making one big 02-05 thread would be better. We have the Pigeon thread, so why not combine them all, so all this valuable information and pics are in one place and are easily accessible?

I absolutely love my pair, I have worn them maybe 2 dozen times and they still look brand new. I contemplated selling them awhile ago...glad I came to my senses.

I absolutely love my pair, I have worn them maybe 2 dozen times and they still look brand new. I contemplated selling them awhile ago...glad I came to my senses.

4wrestling,

that's a tough question though b/c the Tiffs were essentially a GR where the Heiny's were more limited and then you have Supremes which came out just at the store
but the Tiff hype was at an all time high at the time, no question 

4wrestling,

that's a tough question though b/c the Tiffs were essentially a GR where the Heiny's were more limited and then you have Supremes which came out just at the store
but the Tiff hype was at an all time high at the time, no question 

Heinnys got hype from the cease and desist order/ overall looks (no shoe had those bright colors like that before), where as Diamonds got hype probably just from the Diamond collab,,hmmm thats another good question, why were they (Diamonds) hyped up so much?

Did you see my thread question/ idea in my last post?

Heinnys got hype from the cease and desist order/ overall looks (no shoe had those bright colors like that before), where as Diamonds got hype probably just from the Diamond collab,,hmmm thats another good question, why were they (Diamonds) hyped up so much?

Did you see my thread question/ idea in my last post?

Back
Top Bottom