NIKE TRAINER 1 Unleashed low ID

^I'm feeling the silver patent ankle as well.  I think they both look pretty great.
pimp.gif

Jeff: did you go without the strap because of appearance or because you were going to wear these casually?  I'm very interested in knowing if it is actually functional as far as training goes. 

Barry: are you rocking yours to train at all??  They look great in that colorway.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

anyone get any of the heritage nubuck options? are they soft real type nubuck. is there anything in current nike retros that you can compare them to
The grey in my second set of pictures is heritage nubuck.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Thanks Barry and Jeff...

Is that BadA$$ silver patent???

Interesting comments on the sizing... interesting that they don't run small...
BTW, guys (Jeff and Barry)... do you guys have the GR TR1's?   I guess the sizing probably depends on the chassis.  If getting a 2009, then size normally, but if getting a D-Flex+Max then size up?
That is badass patent metallic silver on my first pair.

I had a pair of GR TR1s.  These are bigger than those were in the same size.  I also have a pair of iDs coming on the D-Flex, but they are a week or two behind, so I am not sure about sizing on them.  I will let you know when they get here.

Originally Posted by jcliz

^I'm feeling the silver patent ankle as well.  I think they both look pretty great.
pimp.gif

Jeff: did you go without the strap because of appearance or because you were going to wear these casually?  I'm very interested in knowing if it is actually functional as far as training goes.  

I wasn't going to train in these and I don't really like straps anyways so I skipped it on these.  I doubt it does much anyways other than a placebo effect.

^Yeah, but I'm hoping for the opposite. My main complaint of my GR Trainer 1s is that when I cut, I feel like the flywire kind of digs into my lateral foot as opposed to spreading the pressure out over a larger area.

Thanks for the pics and the input.

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

I had a pair of GR TR1s.  These are bigger than those were in the same size.  I also have a pair of iDs coming on the D-Flex, but they are a week or two behind, so I am not sure about sizing on them.  I will let you know when they get here.  
Good stuff, thanks for the info.  So width-wise, its similar to the 2009's as well right?  I'm gonna go with the strap, so I'll need to take the width into consideration.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

Good stuff, thanks for the info.  So width-wise, its similar to the 2009's as well right?  I'm gonna go with the strap, so I'll need to take the width into consideration.

A little bit more narrow than 2009s, but not as skinny as the GR TR1s.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

hey Jeff, does the cushioning feel exactly the same as the am 2009??
The air bag does, but the shoes are a bit more narrow and have a much stiffer upper, so they aren't nearly as comfortable.

Just got this e-mail re: my iDs with the diamond flex sole:

"Dear jeffgdula,

This email is regarding Order #: oXXXXXXXXX. If you have already received a shipping confirmation, please disregard this email.

Thank you for ordering with nike.com. Unfortunately, we were unable to ship the merchandise by 4/01/2010. We regret any inconvenience this delay may cause you. Your merchandise will ship by 5/01/2010. If for any reason you are unwilling or unable to wait for shipment of the merchandise below, please click here to cancel.

To continue with your order, you do not need to do anything at this time. We do not anticipate any further delays, however, please be aware in the unlikely event that we are unable to ship your merchandise by 5/01/2010, FTC regulations require that your merchandise be automatically canceled.

Thanks again for your understanding and patience. We regret the inconvenience caused by this delay and look forward to getting your merchandise to you at the earliest possible time. If you have questions, contact us toll-free at: 1-800-806-6453

Sincerely,
NikeStore.com"

Anybody wanna give me a quick review of the shoe?? Is it a suitable running shoe for the treadmill?

Was playing around with the options ... and realized there's no option for a CLEAR airbag!
mad.gif

Killed even the thought of trying to ID a pair -- I really dislike colored airbags.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by dcshiba

Hey Wally,
Do you know if there are gonna be any GR's of any of these "unleashed" trainer 1's?  Like some with the mesh toebox or some with the forefoot strap?
short answer: no.

There are three sets of catalog scans that show nike's full line of "generic" general releases for spring, summer, and fall 2010. In none of them do you see a AT1 "unleashed" type model. You do see a trainer 1 low SL (synthetic leather) in three colorways for the summer. but they all are just like what we've seen from websites like nike.com.. The kayoss, sc 2010, edge tr 2010, even a nike free tr 2010 among some other new middle tier stuff.. Fall 2010, a sc 2010 low comes out along with a TRAINER 1.2 mid.

from a GR standpoint, I think this nike.com may be the only option.. The new manny's are a "sc 2010 low" so you could get those 6 months before GRs, but from a TR1 perspective, the new trainer 1.2 mid may be taking over.

the nikeid aspect is a nice sendoff for this model as they introduce the sequel,
nike-trainer-1-2-mid.jpg

those have a strap
laugh.gif
Just an update to this. I recently got back from my manager kickoff meeting for 2010 and our  buyer for our running dept. showed us general release Unleashed Trainers. The only ones that will be releasing with the straps will be the ones with the 2009 air bag. You will not be seeing the version with the flex diamond sole and encapsulated Air Max.. We were shown two different colorways, one I recall being grey/black/white and the other I can not remember for the life of me. They are slated to be released for End of Spring/Summer and the good news is there should be no extra fee for the strap: $160 just like the regular AM 2009s. Just thought id let you know

Yeah I feel you igothatfire...  on another note thanks for all the help answering Qs guys...

WTB  Trainer 1s size 12 thru 13 Manny Pacs first colorway, Ladanian PEs, Jimmy Rollins PE, Trainer 1 Oregon PEs
WTB LEBRON SAMPLES AND PEs size 12 and 12.5 NEW OR USED
WTB Nike Maestro red all star colorway any size 11.5 thru 13 any condition besides beat.

Originally Posted by igotthatfire247

Was playing around with the options ... and realized there's no option for a CLEAR airbag!
mad.gif

Killed even the thought of trying to ID a pair -- I really dislike colored airbags.
smh.gif
Yeah, disappointed to see that.  The only clear bags left are gold, red and silver.  I can now throw some of my designs out the window.  
smh.gif

Also Jeff or Barry, did they line the inside of the toebox with mesh?

Just got my shipping email from nikeid. I should be receiving my 2 pairs next week. I'll post up pics when I receive them. I made a low and a mid with 09 air bags.

Originally Posted by phnrprman

Just got my shipping email from nikeid. I should be receiving my 2 pairs next week. I'll post up pics when I receive them. I made a low and a mid with 09 air bags.

just curious, how long did it take for you to get a notice saying they shipped?

Originally Posted by ThaDirtyBurgh

Just an update to this. I recently got back from my manager kickoff meeting for 2010 and our  buyer for our running dept. showed us general release Unleashed Trainers... $160 just like the regular AM 2009s. Just thought id let you know
all i needed to see, will def. save up to get these, was planning on id'ng a pair, but that price tag scared the #%@% out of me....
ohwell.gif

My 2 pairs are sitting in Kentucky. I guess only a few more days till I get them. This waiting is killing me.

Got my Trainer 1 Unleashed low and mids in!

For me they run true to size.

But the laces are definitely way too long!

Mabuhay Pilipinas!

11hrupc.jpg

2gxllyo.jpg

124damr.jpg

4hpqvp.jpg

6nq9mp.jpg

2z5q7hx.jpg

23v3tw.jpg

10n53rq.jpg

Good looking Trainers, guys. I see a handful of you weren't afraid to do the deluxe package. Very nice.

Back
Top Bottom