NIKE TRAINER SC 2010 "BO knows Flywire" **PICS**

Originally Posted by marley

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

just a headsup. looks like NDC dropped the price on their PEs from $110 to $79.97 for the ADs, LTs, Bryan Clays, and Troys. Each looks to still have a FSR or close... You may be looking at a further drop in price on everything else. Looks like nike bit off more than they could chew.. WIN for us consumers
I don't understand why this shoe is sitting so hard that the price is dropping so much.  This shoe is incredible in my opinion.  The colorways are awesome and the comfort and quality are great.  I would honestly rank this 2010 at the very top of the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn.

The PE's including the PacMans are $64.97 at Niketowns.  2 x WIN for the consumer.

Originally Posted by marley

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

just a headsup. looks like NDC dropped the price on their PEs from $110 to $79.97 for the ADs, LTs, Bryan Clays, and Troys. Each looks to still have a FSR or close... You may be looking at a further drop in price on everything else. Looks like nike bit off more than they could chew.. WIN for us consumers
I don't understand why this shoe is sitting so hard that the price is dropping so much.  This shoe is incredible in my opinion.  The colorways are awesome and the comfort and quality are great.  I would honestly rank this 2010 at the very top of the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn.

Since July, in only 9 months, Nike released like 20 TR1 colorways. Most consumers or people have maybe one or two pair of cross trainers to compliment the other stuff they wear.. Then since only January we've seen something like 14 sc trainer 2010 colorways, including 12 at ONE TIME.

The people training in their TR1s still probably have another few months or years of life left in them, yet theres a dozen colors of a new models just sitting... Who plans something like this?

Then in July we got another new model, 12-16 more colors by December.. By the middle of 2011 this trainer wave will be all but extinct at this current rate of flooding the market. they're setting themselves up for failure.

Basically too many colorways and too many various trainer models at the same time. SC2010, TR1, Kayoss and various Edge models.

Over-saturation.

Cross training was always a fad anyway

They became popular during the late 80's and early 90's when the workout/gym phase first hit.

Now people will mainly just buy running kicks, because essentially they fit all your needs.

I've seen one guy at my gym with Cross Trainers.

Nike always over saturates the market. They planned this big cross training push, when they should have scaled it back after the Troy's and AP's didn't really sell. It's like they do everything half @**. If you're going to do it, do it. They should have done a Under Armour type of marketing approach, because they seem able to sell the football image while Nike seems stuck on basketball. Troy and AP are both popular football players, and they could have incorporated Bo.

smh.gif
at me copping a pair of sc 2010s at retail when first dropped.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Cross training was always a fad anyway

They became popular during the late 80's and early 90's when the workout/gym phase first hit.

Now people will mainly just buy running kicks, because essentially they fit all your needs.

I've seen one guy at my gym with Cross Trainers.

Nike always over saturates the market. They planned this big cross training push, when they should have scaled it back after the Troy's and AP's didn't really sell. It's like they do everything half @**. If you're going to do it, do it. They should have done a Under Armour type of marketing approach, because they seem able to sell the football image while Nike seems stuck on basketball. Troy and AP are both popular football players, and they could have incorporated Bo.
In theory Cross Trainers are a bad business model. Why have one shoe that does three things when you want consumers to buy up THREE different models. I know Tinker touched upon that briefly in the SC trainer magazine issue. I'm a gym rat myself so cross trainers appealed to me instantly. One shoe I could run in, racquetball, basketball, weights? It's truly a OMG moment when it hits you that one shoe could do all that for you.

With this latest movement, I haven't seen much of a difference in the shoe scene at any of my local gyms.. The weight room usually is comprised of:
-55% Asics/adidas/nike RUNNING shoes
-43% nike/adidas/jordan BASKETBALL shoes
-2% misc. including cross trainers

This current fad starting in 2009 changed nothing, which is surprising. I guess none of these were truly geared for the gym patron?

But as Tinker talks about back in 1985, it can go much deeper than that. He talks about him being on a business trip and having only one shoe, the original air trainer. This shoe or genre could really be geared toward the business traveler who may not know what he will be up against or wants just one shoe that can do it all

I don't go around preaching to anyone in a gym saying, "You know.... you could wear just one shoe that does everything for you instead of having two pairs". but maybe I should start. Or maybe we're at a point where basketball shoes are so high tech and the running shoes are too, that people would rather have the best of each genre and continue to carry two shoes. With such a cheap price point on the signature models, They aren't providing any incentive to wear those instead of some $150 dollar kobes or $130 dollar nike runners... As you say magic1978, It certainly seems more like a fad shoe than anything else currently.

The $110 dollar zoom trainer from 2004 on the other hand, is a whole other beast. you market that at the right time to the gym goers and it's a whole new ball game.

this is making me sad with all this fad talk knowing in just another year nike will have said" we tried our best. we pushed the genre forward and consumers didnt respond.. See you again in 15 years"

Some new stuff to post:

At nike.com, the SC TRAINER PE's are currently discounted to just $80, ~$30 off of retail... Now until May 25th, Nike.com is offering a 20% off Clearance Item coupon code. That code is PLAYMAKER.. I did the math and if you go with Nike.com's free shipping when orders are above $175, you can get three pairs for about $191 bucks, ~ $65 per pair. Team up with your neighbors, or buy for the holiday season. That's a great deal. A savings of more than $150 off retail.

EASTBAY has 6 new air attack colorways which look to be back ordered until June 6th.
-Also on EASTBAY.com, there is an all grey/volt accent SC 2010 HIGH planned for June 6th as well
link

In closing the SC 2010 will go down as one of the most highly colorwayed model since its release just a few months ago... A true pimping of the shoe, as if training won't be around next year.

In retro trainer news, there are also 5 TRAINER SC III air attack packs coming out, plus a white/grey/red sc trainer bo retro, an TR1x 360 outsole retailing for $160, and then in July, the new tr 1.2 mid.

pimp.gif

Really considering grabbing the Baseball Gloves from Eastbay. The quality looks superb and it's a unique shoe, not really like anything else I own. I've tried on the black SC 2010s so I know they're quite comfortable as well.

My question is, does anyone foresee them going on sale any time soon? Seems like it's happening with all the others, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Originally Posted by STR1NGER

Really considering grabbing the Baseball Gloves from Eastbay. The quality looks superb and it's a unique shoe, not really like anything else I own. I've tried on the black SC 2010s so I know they're quite comfortable as well.

My question is, does anyone foresee them going on sale any time soon? Seems like it's happening with all the others, so it wouldn't surprise me.
eastbay is selling gift cards at 20% off until june 1.  do that, and use the memorial day weekend promo (IPEBTM25) for 25% off when you pay for the shoes and they're $66 (this weekend)

Scooped the Baseball Glove Premiums, WOW are these things comfortable! Seriously one of the comfiest Nike shoes I have worn in a long time. How do Air Max 2009's and other shoes compare?

New BO KNOWS Premium pack available on NDC:
http://nicekicks.com/2010/10/nike-trainer-sc-2010-bo-knows-pack/

Definitely fall/winter colors. Some could even be worn for dress up.

Black- brown -olive
wheat gold- brown
dark red- black

Retail is $110.
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?wfp=true#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-337058/pgid-385648

If the baseball glove premiums are any indication of quality, these are likely worth every penny. But ya'll should wait until around christmas and pick up on the discount.

^ The baseball joints were quality. I know how they made it to outlets, but I feel like people snoozed on one of the better shoes of the year. Plus, the comfort on this model...just wow. I'm trying to grab all the colors I can b/c they're mad comfortable.

I was at the nike factory store in myrtle beach, sc last week and they had like 5 colorways of these ranging in price from 51.97 to 79.99...The auburns, clay's and white blacks were all 51.97, a white/black/red pair was like 65 and a dark grey/black pair was 79.99

Originally Posted by K23J

finally was able to get to my Lib. to get online..heres somes pics of my AP5's (thanks again H-n-T)
I still am looking for these in a 7.5 can anyone help a brother out?
ohwell.gif

2aj3u5u.jpg

Anybody else got these? What color is "Chilling Red"? Is it considered red or a shade of orange?

Back
Top Bottom