NIKE TRAINERS THREAD

^, The Zoom Huarache Trainers I feel were super underrated. I still regret to this day not buying the Super Bowl pair. I wish they had released more schools back in the day, I would murder for a FSU pair.

^, The Zoom Huarache Trainers I feel were super underrated. I still regret to this day not buying the Super Bowl pair. I wish they had released more schools back in the day, I would murder for a FSU pair.
I ended coming up on 3 pairs in 6 month, just gotta be patient. It's my Favorite trainer of all time.

^, all I have is the black/anthracite/volt CW, but wanted the SB's, silver bullets, and Super Hero pack. I see the SB's all the time on eBay but they are always $350 or more. Can't justify that price.

Just in case anyone was looking for the week zero stuff for NFL/NCAA, it seems like Nike is choosing to use the Pegasus this year. College drops next weekend, and NFL a month after.

Heels, Sooners, Gators, Wolverines,

Was depressed about having Pegasus for Week Zero this year (I already have a University Blue pair), but today I saw a Carolina football practice video. It looks like the coaches were wearing the Jordan React Havoc in the Smurf colorway. I haven't seen a release date for any Jordan football gear, just a few shirts on the various sites. Anyone have idea idea when/if there will be a release?

Heels, Sooners, Gators, Wolverines,

Was depressed about having Pegasus for Week Zero this year (I already have a University Blue pair), but today I saw a Carolina football practice video. It looks like the coaches were wearing the Jordan React Havoc in the Smurf colorway. I haven't seen a release date for any Jordan football gear, just a few shirts on the various sites. Anyone have idea idea when/if there will be a release?

https://www.finishline.com/store/pr...-shoes/prod2790212?styleId=CJ6749&colorId=104

Another video I saw makes me think it's not the havoc. Maybe the Jordan Proto Lyte? The tongue is entirely different than the Havoc.

Anything new on the horizon? I haven’t bought a new trainer in years because of the lackluster options Nike’s been putting out.

Anything new on the horizon? I haven’t bought a new trainer in years because of the lackluster options Nike’s been putting out.

Most effort does seem to be going into the Metcon line (which I do love), but yeah everything else seems to use Zoom Air, especially in the heel. Who would even want to lift with that?!

Last edited:
Nothing from Nike, as above, they are focusing on the Metcon, free sole seems to have fallen out of favor. The performance shoes aren't selling as well as the lifestyle shoes, and Nike seems to really be putting all their energy into that. It's probably why they went with the Pegasus for the week zero release instead of a new Free TR.

I just ordered the Havoc, which has a zoom forefoot and react in the heel and mid. I imagine it might be too cushy for me. We shall see in a couple of days.

React Havoc feels like the old fingertrap free trainer in some ways, but softer. It has enough support for lateral movement and was not too cushy for lifting but I would have preferred something a little firmer. For running, better for distance than speed work. I like it, but would prefer a next level free trainer.

Nike SuperRep

1575913715516.png

1575913725443.png

The Nike Air Zoom SuperRep is an innovative shoe built specifically for the rigors of high-intensity classes.

High-intensity interval training (HIIT) workouts alternate bouts of going all-out with periods of rest to recover. The movements are diverse — burpees, kettlebell swings, lunges, mountain climbers, push-ups, squats and many more — and are sequenced to get maximum impact from maximum effort.

The design of the Nike Air Zoom SuperRep takes into account hundreds of hours spent sweating it out, studying and observing fitness classes. In those classes, it became apparent that athletes were either wearing shoes that were cushioned or shoes that were supportive, but there wasn't a shoe that provided both cushioning and support specific to fundamental HIIT movements.

Using Zoom Air in the forefoot not only creates a dynamic aesthetic, it also helps provide impact protection and a responsiveness that gives back rep after rep after rep.

This cushioning — a two-unit system under the forefoot — doesn’t act alone. A plate running from heel to forefoot helps roll the foot forward and into a ready position for the majority of upright HIIT movements. The upper is crafted to support lateral moves, such as skaters and side lunges. The “burpee break” provides stability in plank positions and allows the foot to bend naturally when driving into mountain climbers.

1575913885405.png

love HIIT and still do P90X to this day so these seems perfect

1575914270747.png

So much new tech from Nike these days, I barely get the chance to experiment with the models I have. :lol:

For these though, I might just wait until the Alpha Fly's drop, since it has the same set-up. If those don't drop, i'll consider these.

PO

alphafly is for running though, i would never try and do lateral movements with those but just to test out the tech, i get what you're saying but i do think this might cost a lot less, not sure of the price but no way are these going to be $300+ like what the alphafly will likely be

alphafly is for running though, i would never try and do lateral movements with those but just to test out the tech, i get what you're saying but i do think this might cost a lot less, not sure of the price but no way are these going to be $300+ like what the alphafly will likely be

Yeah, my main point of that was just to test out the tech.

Good point though, price will definitely be much cheaper since its marketed to the casual Nike consumer.

PO

I wonder on all of those tests and workouts if that much athletic improvement was showing by wearing the SuperReps compared to a Metcon.
I see Metcon's now feature React so why not add full length Zoom as an option for a Metcon?

I do a mixture of HIIT and strength workouts so I will be anxious to try these out compared to my usual Metcons.

Have to guess these will be in the 120-130 range?

i wouldnt be surprised if its closer to $150 with the new tech and all but probably be had for closer to $100 by the time it hits the sales rack

with the metcon, its a balance of different workouts, with these being hiit specific, its going to have a lot of movements and jumping and while crossfit does have that, they also have to work for lifting, rope climbs, etc... which the giant zooms pods probably wont be ideal

i am very curious how stable the shoes is with such a big zoom and how much that big outriggers which nike calls "containment shields" will help prevent your ankle from rolling over on quick lateral movements

^ ^ ^
great!

easily gon' be day 1 cop for me then

shoe does looks insanely wide

sr.png

and here's a creepy promo vid :lol:

The Nike Air Zoom SuperRep also introduces an unmistakable signature mark — an exaggerated arc design near the ball of the foot — that carries into the SuperRep family's other two initial styles, the Nike SuperRep Cycle and Nike SuperRep Go.

1575922363271.png

1575922388250.png

Back
Top Bottom