Nike x Fear of God Collab - Official Thread (Air Raid F&F IG Shock Drop 10/8 )

Which color of the Air FOG 1 do you prefer?

• Skylon II - Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skylon II - White

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just saw this. Wow. The idea of having both Kanye and Jerry under the Adidas umbrella isn’t something I imagined. I’m curious to see what Jerry creates with the 3 Stripes. Also, I wonder what this means for Kanye. Maybe nothing changes for ‘Ye, and he keeps doing what he’s been doing for Adidas, but I do wonder.
Doubt it impacts ye at all

That explains why we haven't seen any indication of a FoG2 and Jerry being quiet about his future with Nike.

I get the impression that they’ll at least keep Travis and Virgil. I think Nike is just super strict on what creates can do. I mean, it’s their prerogative, as they’re the leader, and their pockets are hurting any, but other than collaborating on shoes, and a few pieces of attire, they’re not letting these dudes create whole lines and all that. I do think it’s a loss for Nike not keeping Jerry, but I also feel like creatives that link up with Adidas are hot for a minute, but eventually their stuff fizzles and isn’t as sought after or hot. Even Kanye, their hottest ever, is seeming his stuff lose the energy it had, and same for Pharrell. But we’ll see. It definitely the best career and business move, as you can only expand so much making a couple shoe models and a couple pieces of clothing. He can totally transform Adidas Basketball with this type of a partnership and control.

HUGE W for Adidas IMO.. Just when the brand started to stale after the Boost bubble popped (pun intended). Can’t believe Nike gave Drake his own line but let a fashion/design icon like Jerry walk. REALLY dumb decision. Hopefully they are smart enough to retain Travis and Virgil long-term by any means necessary.

key thing with FOG/Jerry and adidas is that its adidas hoops he's at the head of, but can only assume he'll get to crossover to their originals/lifestyle stuff

now i wonder if adidas will want to hold off on selling reebok and seeing if he wants to dabble his feet in with some stuff with the question and answer to see if that can help bring a resurgence back to the brand. doubt it but would love to see a FOG question

I was really looking forward to a FoG 2. Never bought one, as they’re a little too space boot for me, but was hoping the next iteration was a little less techy. Might have to bite the bullet and get the triple black I always wished for, and it eventually dropped, though I’m not sure it’ll look good on me at all.

There's not too many adidas basketball shoes that i like so i'm curious to see what he does
Oh he’s gonna make Adidas Basketball hot, or at least bring it lots of hype regardless of how the stuff could look. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jerry wanted this same type of power with Ike Basketball, and since I’d imagine that there’s no way in hell that Nike would transform/change their industry leading basketball wing like that, and that’s why Jerry and them couldn’t come to an agreement.

I do think it’s a loss for Nike not keeping Jerry, but I also feel like creatives that link up with Adidas are hot for a minute, but eventually their stuff fizzles and isn’t as sought after or hot. Even Kanye, their hottest ever, is seeming his stuff lose the energy it had, and same for Pharrell.
This is exactly how I feel. Obviously this is a good move for Jerry and his brand but speaking as a collector I can't imagine FOG x Adidas making anything as good as Air FOG 1s, Raids etc.

Nike bugging. Not sure why they would allow adidas to take another one of their major collaborators away.
Probably because he didn't bring the masses like trav and virgil....love or hate the fog 1s and raids, (personally I loved em) I know alot of people didn't feel that way. Also those fog mocassins were atrocious 🤣 probably made nike do a double take.

would def like some insider info on how this stuff goes down. The press release seems like Jerry has a lot of power. Like will he run the whole Adidas Basketball line? IF so im sure he got a boat load of money for it.

Excited to see what he creates

Always felt Adidas’ Y-3 stuff was dope and liked how they let Yohji do his thing. I feel like this move by Adidas may impact their apparel more than it does shoes. On Jerry’s end I get it because FOG Athletics would’ve been limited without superior tech from either Nike or Adidas, so it probably came down to choosing whoever was giving him most control.

Jerry running Adidas' basketball line is perfect.

So is the newly announced FOG Athletics now the FOG x Adidas line?

Probably because he didn't bring the masses like trav and virgil....love or hate the fog 1s and raids, (personally I loved em) I know alot of people didn't feel that way. Also those fog mocassins were atrocious 🤣 probably made nike do a double take.
I mean, unfortunately for the creators, their new models aren’t gonna have the same staying power as a Jordan or popular Nike silhouette that they can collab on. The tried and true formula that Nike/Jordan has of just letting creators collab on an existing model clearly works. I’m sure it was a HUGE deal that Jerry actually got to create his own model (Kanye was the last person that I can remember getting that ability from them). But if someone has loftier goals and aspirations, I can see them going the Adidas route with much more flexibility, control, and autonomy.

the black and grey raids were the only thing i wanted out of all that nike stuff

That was fast...
1AA7B6BD-5592-4B45-8295-4AFA218689C8.jpeg
1846BF4E-0EA7-46E1-A474-D5CF8E09C1C9.jpeg

Jerry needed the money, his FOG stuff (not including collabs) hasn’t been relevant in what, 18 months now? And for a small brand that can be very dangerous.

Jerry pretty much took over what Kanye was supposed to do for the Adidas Athletic/Hoops line. I remember Kanye was supposed to run that line or something.

Back
Top Bottom