Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Virgil really got people to think wearing mitch match orange and green laces was hot.

dudes out here wearing green and orange mitcch match laces , if they can pull that off why not the zip tie.

Pretty sure it was Rocky who started the mismatch thing. Dudes biting off Rocky with no f's given.

It becomes overkill at some point. The shoes are enough honestly. The mismatch laces or just loud laces in general take it up a notch. The zip tie is just like alright, we get it. I ain't knocking anyone, just my opinion.

I'm getting really impatient. The seller still hasn't shipped my Presto, I know the day isn't over and it's me being picky because I like to get things done as soon as possible but man...!!! Haha. Accepted my offer quick too. :smh: Can't wait to get them in hand!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Zip tie stays on for the Presto with white laces. Taking off the tie for AM 90's with Orange laces. Blazers get split Orange/Green laces no tie. No tie on the AJ 1 with green laces.

See you get it. That's what I was saying in my previous post. If you're gonna do it, the loud and/or mismatch laces PLUS tag is overkill to me. And yeah if there is ONE model where the zip tie looks alright is the Presto, that shoe just gets busy, so at that point F it.

I'm getting really impatient. The seller still hasn't shipped my Presto, I know the day isn't over and me picking picky because I like to get things done quick but man...!!! Haha. Accepted my offer quick too. :smh: Can't wait to get them in hand!!

shoulda waited for the snkrs release, theyll go down in price for sure for a small period of time

shoulda waited for the snkrs release, theyll go down in price for sure for a small period of time
Yea I knew SNKRS might release them but I'm tired of waiting and I've never won any draw or raffle from them. I'll still try to cop off SNKRS tho if it's a nationwide release.

It's also not guarantee it'll drop in price, a lot of people saying it will after this weekend, but in most sizes it remains the same, or not much diff.

did anyone hear or see any Shoe Gallery offwhite raffle winners? supposed to announce today...

Feel like Nike should just drop a SNKRS Draw for every model at once. Each SNKRS account can only enter for one model. Run the Draw for 30 mins - 1 hour so dudes can't go crazy loading up accounts (although even that is probably plenty of time, but kinda limits it) random raffle and be done with it :smile:

The surprising thing is that Virgil actually did great with this Nike collab considering the fact that Off White and Been Trill is hot trash.

Never been a Virgil/OW fan at all. I've said it before a few times but this is the 1st time Virgil's truly showcased his "talent" as a designer/creative IMO.

Jordan Brand does too many releases. I'm passing on everything until Black Cement 3s in February.

Same. Kaws 4s and Aleali May 1s are the last 2 JB drops I've purchased. OW1s, BC3s and I'm good.

praying on snkrs to make this fair

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

Feel like Nike should just drop a SNKRS Draw for every model at once. Each SNKRS account can only enter for one model. Run the Draw for 30 mins - 1 hour so dudes can't go crazy loading up accounts (although even that is probably plenty of time, but kinda limits it) random raffle and be done with it :smile:
exactly now thats "fair" lol

I still don't get why Nike cancelled the Draw, unless there really was a problem on their end receiving the entries. There's been a lot of Draws where a handful of people can't even enter and they always just go through with it and get it over with. Hell, I still have nightmares about the Tom Sachs debacle.

the double verification system was supposed to prevent lot entries for the Draw....in true sneakerhead fashion we are an industrious lot and the modes to create multiple accts for Draw became cheaper and folks used it for the release - these entries caused for a burden to infrastructure in place. I wouldn't be surprised if we are heading to another no online sales of hyped releases.

No matter how they drop on SKNRs, Nike will be in a lose-lose situation because a lot more people will take an L compared to those who will hit. That being said, these sneakers haven't really been available to folks outside of major cities and I say that as a NYer. I do hope they don't make it pick-up only so some sneakerhead out in Idaho who wants to pick potatoes in prestos has a shot.

Back
Top Bottom