Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

OFF-WHITE-x-Nike-Air-Max-90-Desert-Ore-12.jpg

Here's a pic w the Teal again.. I guess it works for asouth beach vibe type of IMO. Don't hate it matching that small pulltab.

Same thing happened for me. My DO bid was 500 and it was accepted yesterday afternoon and authenticated immediately with a delivery date for today, that has since been updated to "later". It makes me think StockX was sitting on pairs themselves and decided to move them yesterday at the price of $500.

I dont see why they would sell pairs at the lowest price. I would imagine they’re much smarter than the broke boi resellers.

I dont see why they would sell pairs at the lowest price. I would imagine they’re much smarter than the broke boi resellers.

buy for 170 with tax then flipping for 500 makes someone a broke boy

so the person who sells for 700 is a rich boi

the logic train to this statement is off the rails B

let me look at my stock and see if that rate of return is that good with doing little to nothing but enter some raffles on my phone and tap on snkrs.

also stock x prob could just buy whole stock from some stores and or buy cheaper pairs charge them a fee to sell to stock x then in return sell the shoe and double dip. the profit margins aint everything they want you in the ecosystem. its a numbers game for them. as a middle man you want transactions for you to get a cut of not just flip shoes.

let me look at my stock and see if that rate of return is that good with doing little to nothing but enter some raffles on my phone and tap on snkrs.

also stock x prob could just buy whole stock from some stores and or buy cheaper pairs charge them a fee to sell to stock x then in return sell the shoe and double dip. the profit margins aint everything they want you in the ecosystem. its a numbers game for them. as a middle man you want transactions for you to get a cut of not just flip shoes.

Why would you sell stock at the lowest price? :lol:. If they wait just two or three more weeks (or much longer), they would make more money.

*I'm not a reseller

When they say brokeboi, they aren't saying 3x your money isn't a good ROI. What they are saying is that if you can afford to hold them 6 months, you'll get 4x your money or more.

*I'm not a reseller

When they say brokeboi, they aren't saying 3x your money isn't a good ROI. What they are saying is that if you can afford to hold them 6 months, you'll get 4x your money or more.

i feel yah, but i do feel sometimes people resell for different reasons

some shoes aren't stock at all, sometimes its come up and they simply sell and buy clothes or something or doing like some in here do flip to swap like black am for the brown or vice versa.

calling people broke with no context other than if re sellers wern't around i would have got a pair knowing dang well there is no proof of that.

i have sold shoes to buy things i have more value in heck i sold shoes can brought hella tech fleece. them joggers a 100 dollars B lmao

i feel yah, but i do feel sometimes people resell for different reasons

some shoes aren't stock at all, sometimes its come up and they simply sell and buy clothes or something or doing like some in here do flip to swap like black am for the brown or vice versa.

calling people broke with no context other than if re sellers wern't around i would have got a pair knowing dang well there is no proof of that.

i have sold shoes to buy things i have more value in heck i sold shoes can brought hella tech fleece. them joggers a 100 dollars B lmao
I'm not saying I agree with them or not, just giving you context to the phrase.

Why would you sell stock at the lowest price? :lol:. If they wait just two or three more weeks (or much longer), they would make more money.

because people dont view shoes as stock. doesnt mean they broke though... the analogy still doesn't apply for an economy to work you need buyers and sellers. so if everyone held on to their shoes, then who is going to buy. no one is dropping 8 hundo on every pair of these.

overtime someone will under cut and thus you get the price point you at now. doesn't mean they in a rush just means some people are happy with 300 in they pocket maybe they had two pairs or heck maybe they need to make rent. the latter is likely. most just sell to buy more shoes anyways.

when i you to sell at a high volume i already had a good job. i just sold to make enough to make my pair free.

overall people have different needs

So I’m contemplating on pulling the trigger on a pair of Off-White UNC 1s on StockX.

I’m only hesitant because fakes look real has hell nowadays so you never know what passes the authentication process. Has anyone recently ordered a pair or heard stories on fake off-white 1s coming from StockX?

because people dont view shoes as stock. doesnt mean they broke though... the analogy still doesn't apply for an economy to work you need buyers and sellers. so if everyone held on to their shoes, then who is going to buy. no one is dropping 8 hundo on every pair of these.

overtime someone will under cut and thus you get the price point you at now. doesn't mean they in a rush just means some people are happy with 300 in they pocket maybe they had two pairs or heck maybe they need to make rent. the latter is likely. most just sell to buy more shoes anyways.

when i you to sell at a high volume i already had a good job. i just sold to make enough to make my pair free.

overall people have different needs
He's referring to StockX, not an individual. If StockX is sitting on stock, no way they sell it all at $500 when they could wait 6 months and sell at $700.

So I’m contemplating on pulling the trigger on a pair of Off-White UNC 1s on StockX.

I’m only hesitant because fakes look real has hell nowadays so you never know what passes the authentication process. Has anyone recently ordered a pair or heard stories on fake off-white 1s coming from StockX?
Fakes get through but is a veeeeeeery small number. They handle 10k pairs a day and humans are involved. There's always going to be mistakes but the odds are so small that you should buy with confidence.

50% will say Goat, 50% will say StockX. They are the same thing, it's just personal preference.

From what I’ve seen GOAT spends more time authenticating and protecting those who buy from them where we’ve heard some horror stories from StockX on this board that new employees get thrown into the fire without proper training... I’m sure fakes sneak through on both platforms but hope they continue to staff up and eliminate the possibility of fakes

From what I’ve seen GOAT spends more time authenticating and protecting those who buy from them where we’ve heard some horror stories from StockX on this board that new employees get thrown into the fire without proper training... I’m sure fakes sneak through on both platforms but hope they continue to staff up and eliminate the possibility of fakes

youve seen the GOAT authentication process? Not trying to attack you

I see your point...but 500 for a shoe they purchased for 160 is good enough ROI, especially if you're buying multiple pair.

My biggest point was the shoes were authenticated immediately...meaning they had them in hand already.

I guarantee you the same thing happens at Goat. You think they send those guys through months of training? Na man. And don't get me started on the guy that cried in his car bc he had to work a full day. And they'll never eliminate it. There's just no way when humans are involved. We make mistakes.

All these Desert Ore pics... making me want to pull the trigger.

Contemplating selling my extra pair of DS concords to help... but love having a pair on ice... decisions decisions...

Yeah, unless I have firsthand knowledge how both companies does their authentication process, I wont say one is better than the other.

Less volume doesn’t necessarily mean they have better QC.

Back
Top Bottom