Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

goat used to be way better, i agree (though i'll fully concede that i'm way more uptight/anal about things than the average shoe person)

within the past year or two or so, i've received shadow 1s that came without the shoe trees and paper, and with the laces undone after looking like they'd been laced up prior

nigels where one shoe was already laced up (and maybe even a little warped?); p sure this was a plastic-wrapped display shoe

blazers that didn't have the classic '77 tag like they show in their own product pictures

and supreme dunk lows that came without the hangtag (!!!); fortunately i did manage to get a small credit for these, but wtf, how'd these ever even pass without them notifying me of the problem?

and i know the above all sounds like small, bulls**t issues (which, again, i fully concede they would be for most people; except for the supreme dunks - that sh*t was genuinely egregious), but man, if i'm gonna be buying shoes at two to three to four times and above their msrp, i really want them to come like i bought them from the retailer directly

i know it's out of the control of these intermediaries, but it's still something i almost demand considering the prices i'm paying
I feel the same.
I know people in here will remind that they are just a $200+ shoe & not really worth the resell price but if I pay for a service of legit/quality check then atleast do that job IMO.

I too & am a stickler for things like this because I know more than the average consumer & been in the shoe game for decades. Defects happen but come on…

Wear shoes?

F93CEAB0-44CC-4EC2-A242-DFBD61DDD178.gif

I thought you knew… this is NT, we don’t wear shoes in here LOL

/s

You my mans but you wylin for this. A little crooked Nike Air? I had to look twice to even notice AFTER you pointed it out. Even then cmonnnn maanneeee. ITS FINE. :lol:

Even dude who had a blood stain, jusst wipe that **** off and lysol it da ****. I could understand if it woudnt come off though.

Then again im someone who wears the **** out of my kicks, no damns how they wear and tear. I wont purposely wear them on a rainy day or whatever but otherwise.

You my mans but you wylin for this. A little crooked Nike Air? I had to look twice to even notice AFTER you pointed it out. Even then cmonnnn maanneeee. ITS FINE. :lol:

Even dude who had a blood stain, jusst wipe that **** off and lysol it da ****. I could understand if it woudnt come off though.

Then again im someone who wears the **** out of my kicks, no damns how they wear and tear. I wont purposely wear them on a rainy day or whatever but otherwise.
You’re making a lot of good points but to me this is annoying because it’s an obvious flaw that wasn’t caught by them. Especially for the ticket price paid. Also, this is the 4th time in the last month or so where small things have been sliding by on shoes bought when they used to catch EVERYTHING.

Or maybe I was just having a bad day because of the Gundam L I took LOL….
I will wait for their response, take a dab & reevaluate the situation>D

You’re making a lot of good points but to me this is annoying because it’s an obvious flaw that wasn’t caught by them. Especially for the ticket price paid. Also, this is the 4th time in the last month or so where small things have been sliding by on shoes bought when they used to catch EVERYTHING.

Or maybe I was just having a bad day because of the Gundam L I took LOL….
I will wait for their response, take a dab & reevaluate the situation>D

So you mad they didnt catch it? Or actually mad at the defect. I woudnt return it, if it bothered me id ask for a discount on it or something but I woudnt go through the hassle of returning it and getting another pair.

It's either the photo or they look too big for you. This is how I feel with my TS x fragment lows. I could've probably halfed down with how much extra room I have in there. I usually wear 9's in mostly everything so figured that would be the same. Not to mention 8.5 was like a whole 100 more than a 9
Naw they fit right, just that heel padding is stupid thicc.

So you mad they didnt catch it? Or actually mad at the defect. I woudnt return it, if it bothered me id ask for a discount on it or something but I woudnt go through the hassle of returning it and getting another pair.

Both kinda…
I wish they would have caught it & advised me in an email about any defects, imperfections or even if the box a dent in it like they once used to be. I would have kindly decline this pair & instantly bought another pair that was going for around the same price I paid.
Now if I do return em it’s going to cost even more for another pair because today price isn’t yesterdays price lol.
Maybe I’m being petty but I want a pair to wear that doesn’t the right shoe misalign to the midsole…
I guess I’ll ask for a significant amount back but guarantee they’ll throw a $25 credit at me lol.

Naw most of my photos look like that tbh. It’s the shoe padding, I was looking at the photos before I posted them and was thinking the same thing

Last edited:
i think with off white shoes, “imperfections” are a feature not a flaw. It’s why legit checking them is so hard. For a lot of things there’s no right way for them to look
So when was your start date working for GOAT? l
lol Im joking.
I can see what you mean & that is an excuse for the poor quality control but IDK man LOL.
Every other picture including the pics on GOAT Nike Air looks level to me...
I just hope they respond back with something I can accept. I just know too many stories of sellers on NT that had their pairs rejected for less so just odd but I guess it is what it is...

lol Im joking.
I can see what you mean & that is an excuse for the poor quality control but IDK man LOL.
I just hope they respond back with something I can accept. I just know too many stories of sellers on NT that had their pairs rejected for less so just odd but I guess it is what it is...

If dose a 9.5 ill get em from you. Need a disco though cause crooked Nike Air.

lol Im joking.

i get it, im just saying a lot of aspects on off white jordans are all of the place. more so than other shoes. its hard to not think its on purpose.

If dose a 9.5 ill get em from you. Need a disco though cause crooked Nike Air.
407D6B83-378F-483A-AACD-A595340852CD.gif

i get it, im just saying a lot of aspects on off white jordans are all of the place. more so than other shoes. its hard to not think its on purpose.
I mean I know it wasn’t on “purpose” like the rest of the deconstructed design because majority of pairs are level like they should be. I’ve had every pair of regular AJ5’s in my lifetime & know how the shape is suppose to look like.
I get what you’re saying that it “could” be seen as a design factor but that’s reaching IMO. There’s a slight tilt in the right shoe attached to the midsole.

Went with my normal size 9. Theres a dumb amount of padding that hugs the heel of your foot and pushes it forward.
A419404C-0C0E-40D2-9966-DE22B9FA0A5A.png
They look like they fit much better here lol. Curious what size do you wear in Kobes/350's if you wear a 9 in these? Debating buying the 2's but I'm not dropping a stack if it doesn't fit correctly.

They look like they fit much better here lol. Curious what size do you wear in Kobes/350's if you wear a 9 in these? Debating buying the 2's but I'm not dropping a stack if it doesn't fit correctly.
Haven’t worn Kobes since the original 6s, i remember Kobes always fitting a bit tight, I’d probably still go with my 9. For 350s the older ones I wear 9.5 but the newest mx oat I wear a 9. My 750s are 8.5, 700s are 9, 450s are 9.5, Foam runner 9

Could anyone help me out legit checking a pair of offwhite 90's desert ore? It's hard to tell these days. It will be a local meetup and he also says that I can check them myself in real life. But I need to make sure these are good to go. He also bought them from stockx and has a receipt.

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom