Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Everytime I see a raffle winner I get these mixed feelings. Nice to see people hit but I get super salty knowing that I’ve just taken a big fat L once again. I am so much more lucky with limited Adidas releases. Taken L’s on every single limited/hyped Nike release except the SW 97/1’s. Last time I hit before that was on the OW Prestos.

This sounds ridiculous. Wotherspoons and OW prestos combined is like pushing $2000 if you wanted to sell. Youre not gonna hit on every raffle, I swear this generation can never appreciate anything and always expecting more more more. That “happy feeling” you get for others is really just that little bit of entitlement hoping that you still have a chance for that release. If you end up taking the L overall, I bet your salt levels are far exceeding any “mixed feelings”

/morningrant

I don’t understand why is so many people making such a big deal if it’s a 10 min draw or a 30 min draw. If you really want it like any other draw you’ll try to get in right when it opens. People with bots get it in right when it starts, not like they take their time so it doesn’t really make a big diff. Maybe it should be 5 min instead of 30 or 10, that way the people that really wants it will actually put in that minor effort instead of taking their sweet time.

Am I missing something??

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t understand why is so many people making such a big deal if it’s a 10 min draw or a 30 min draw. If you really want it like any other draw you’ll try to get in right when it opens. People with bots get it in right when it starts, not like they take their time so it doesn’t really make a big diff. Maybe it should be 5 min instead of 30 or 10, that way the people that really wants it will actually put in that minor effort instead of taking their sweet time.

Am I missing something??
I think having a 10 minute window as opposed to 30 will have systematic issues? At least that’s what I get from their shared experience.

I've hit on 1 raffle/draw/whatever over the past 2-3 years, and that's with myself and my girl trying. That was for the black powerphases, a shoe still available on Adidas.com. But I've got a good feeling on this one.

I think having a 10 minute window as opposed to 30 will have systematic issues? At least that’s what I get from their shared experience.
Every draw I entered I was able to get in within 5. If it stays open too long it just gives more chances for bots.

Every draw I entered I was able to get in within 5. If it stays open too long it just gives more chances for bots.
I agree with you, but I think some people are saying the system appears to have difficulties accepting a large influx of entries in a shorter time frame, thus more prone to crash...

I agree with you, but I think some people are saying the system appears to have difficulties accepting a large influx of entries in a shorter time frame, thus more prone to crash...
I understand what you’re saying. But just based on my experience, there will be a large amount of entries within the first 5-10 min even if it’s a 30 min time frame. And if people was able to get in before within 10, it shouldnt be any different and be able to get in again.

Kaws first raffle for the Grey pair was 7 min and that worked out great. Their second raffle for the Black pair was 10 min because of all the whiners complaining that it was only 7 for the first raffle, eventho it was still pretty smooth...more bots was able to eat with that added 3 min.

With two entries I hit two black red (banned) 1s that was one of my first if not the first time I used the brand new (at the time) draw system...since then ive never hit a hyped shoe....yea not once since then

At least it's not consecutive L after L like last year. We gonna spread em out over the course of the year

I honestly would rather they do it like last year and drop all of them at one time. I feel it gives people a chance to eat because people have to focus on more than one shoe. I was able to his on the OG vapormaxs and the airmax 90s, prolly could have eaten on the hyperdunks to but i didnt try.

I actually felt Kaws Did that raffle right. They did have a few hic ups but bots weren't able to eat like they were on other releases which is why there were so many winners on here. Out of the 5 people that entered in my sneaker group 3 of us won. NT in general had mad people that hit on the black kaws
Agreed. Prolly on my end, but tried signing up on Android, iOS on 4g & wifi but errored out. Got the W using a public Hyatt desktop :lol:

Bots are going right before the drop so say if it happens at 10 people start them a few minutes before hand. When time hits 10 and it opens, the bots are already throwing in hundreds if not a thousand accounts each into the draws by the time you probably get 1 or 2 entries in.

Lol got that trash reservation too. No need to reserve garbage that’s just gonna sit on clearance anyways.
I actually quite like these but won't cop for retail tho.
Today I saw a french store really doing a raffle for them lol.
It's not like people are fighting for Jordan low-tops.

Bots are going right before the drop so say if it happens at 10 people start them a few minutes before hand. When time hits 10 and it opens, the bots are already throwing in hundreds if not a thousand accounts each into the draws by the time you probably get 1 or 2 entries in.
Sometimes the bots fail and people with bots get to fix whatever issues it may have. So if there’s a bigger time frame it gives them more time to get more entries in.

Someone posted previously for the OVOs, that the people that actually got through actually won instead of bots.

I dunno...I think it’s the same difference with 5, 10, or 30 min, but with lesser time it shows who really wants it and remember to enter. And yes I know that not everyone is free at all times and have real work to do.

I understand what you’re saying. But just based on my experience, there will be a large amount of entries within the first 5-10 min even if it’s a 30 min time frame. And if people was able to get in before within 10, it shouldnt be any different and be able to get in again.

Kaws first raffle for the Grey pair was 7 min and that worked out great. Their second raffle for the Black pair was 10 min because of all the whiners complaining that it was only 7 for the first raffle, eventho it was still pretty smooth...more bots was able to eat with that added 3 min.

what your not acknowledging is that even thought you were able to get an entry in that window, there was plenty of others including myself who tried to enter at the same time you did and couldnt get an entry in.

So yea im not a fan of a smaller window bc if it crashes during that whole 10 mins, what am i supposed to do then

Back
Top Bottom