Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Original date was the 21st, although people are now saying it’s been delayed. If that’s the case, I’d expect a mid July drop, possibly even early August

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180619-133247.png
    Screenshot_20180619-133247.png
    646.6 KB · Views: 25
they arent that close to you if they arent hooking you up
fr, especially if they hit doubles for retail smh
Everyone says this, and it's easy to do on a shoe with $100 profit in resell, but when you're talking shoes that have $1k and more resell value, let's be honest, basically nobody is throwing oops. I oop a lot, but nobody is getting an ow oop. I wouldn't give them $1k cash so why would I give them a shoe that I could sell for $1k profit? It sounds cool to say on a message board but the odds you'd oop an ow pair to anyone but maybe your brother is about 0%.

Everyone says this, and it's easy to do on a shoe with $100 profit in resell, but when you're talking shoes that have $1k and more resell value, let's be honest, basically nobody is throwing oops. I oop a lot, but nobody is getting an ow oop. I wouldn't give them $1k cash so why would I give them a shoe that I could sell for $1k profit? It sounds cool to say on a message board but the odds you'd oop an ow pair to anyone but maybe your brother is about 0%.

While I understand your point, it all depends on who you're ooping too. Granted it would otherwise seem like you're gifting someone a decent amount of cash, but to oop to someone you know that isn't going to just turn around and flip and has put in the work to try and hit on a countless number of raffles (even the IG bs) that will wear and appreciate it, I wouldn't think twice about it.

While I understand your point, it all depends on who you're ooping too. Granted it would otherwise seem like you're gifting someone a decent amount of cash, but to oop to someone you know that isn't going to just turn around and flip and has put in the work to try and hit on a countless number of raffles (even the IG bs) that will wear and appreciate it, I wouldn't think twice about it.
No offense to you, but like I said, it's easy to say that on a message board. It's much harder in real life. Have you ever actually done it? I'll venture to say no. I ooped multiple pairs of sw am 1/97, several pairs of ts aj4's. I ended up with a pair of ow Chicagos and ow EU all white release, and I don't really wear J's these days. I've made some very good friends in this shoes fetish of ours, but nobody was getting a $1500-2000 oop. Just wasn't going to happen. Everyone says they would but nobody actually does.

No offense to you, but like I said, it's easy to say that on a message board. It's much harder in real life. Have you ever actually done it? I'll venture to say no. I ooped multiple pairs of sw am 1/97, several pairs of ts aj4's. I ended up with a pair of ow Chicagos and ow EU all white release, and I don't really wear J's these days. I've made some very good friends in this shoes fetish of ours, but nobody was getting a $1500-2000 oop. Just wasn't going to happen. Everyone says they would but nobody actually does.

And you know me better than me? Impressive.

This is YOUR mindset though, you can't claim to speak for everyone. Believe it or not people do oop expensive shoes to their friends.

This is YOUR mindset though, you can't claim to speak for everyone. Believe it or not people do oop expensive shoes to their friends.
I've yet to see one person oop a $2k pair. Have you? I've seen an awful lot of people say they would though.

I've yet to see one person oop a $2k pair. Have you?

The shoes you mentioned weren't going for 2k when they dropped initially, so if you had ooped them it wouldn't have been giving up 2k, much closer to 1k or so. But that's beside the point, yes I've seen people oop shoes of that "calibre". Only in a much tighter knit "sneaker group" though, where favors are passed around.

And you know me better than me? Impressive.
I get how that sounds. It's easy to say what you WOULD do but when you're literally lighting $1k on fire and putting it on a friend's feet, it becomes very very very hard to do. Maybe you're the one in a million, but odds are you aren't. Odds are you'd sell them and keep your $1k.

Back
Top Bottom