Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

So pretty much normal people lose. All the pros have entered with email generators.....
And pickup with different winning emails. The only way this will be prevented is if the shop doesn’t sell to them.
~Lefty

I take it from the NYC OFF WHITE post ... they received a slew of hot mess emails since the directions weren't clear.

So are you only able to pick one shoe out of the 2 in the email? Worst of all they don't even ask for your damn name. How are they able to confirm your identity? Raffle is way too unprofessional.

yea im confused about that too, i entered both, it says you can only win 1 of the 9 shoes either way

they dont ask for anything besides the size and shoe

yea im confused about that too, i entered both, it says you can only win 1 of the 9 shoes either way

they dont ask for anything besides the size and shoe

actually its 1 pair ON the 9 pairs....
seriously though one block down says the same thing. So maybe one model per email. The fact that you can only win one pair is dumb. Considering how many people already walking around with multiple pairs of several models from the pre release. How many were produced for the actual release? This drop is starting off so bad and i feel like its only gonna get worse. Like they just drop the stash thing and just go raffles and a surprise drop on snkrs. Then never drop the converse and forget about the collab like the other half of the tom sachs collab with the bag and ****.

You can enter for 1 per block of two shoes so up to 5 entries but you’ll only be able to win 1 one they draw the entries.

How many of us here is planning to pay resale if struck out on these raffles/drawings. Curious since almost every pair is ridiculous with resale price.

Was planning to get the presto, VM and Blazer if can't get it for retail but my senses are kicking in haha.

How many of us here is planning to pay resale if struck out on these raffles/drawings. Curious since almost every pair is ridiculous with resale price.

Was planning to get the presto, VM and Blazer if can't get it for retail but my senses are kicking in haha.

I would say see them in hand first if you can. I've been lucky enough where I've been able to handle every silhouette of the first 5 and I would say the VM are the least "wow" factor of them. Very play and just the over size tongue. There's not much to do with them to begin with.

Prestos are cool in person. A lot going on and a lot of details. The tongue rests on top of the upper and is very chunky. If I won these in a raffle I wouldn't be upset.

The blazers are pretty cool too. Most practical look to them. Interesting materials used on the different parts. Blazers have had lowest resale and will probably be the "cheapest" of the first 5 in resell still after drop.

1s are slightly overrated imo but that silhouette with this collab makes people go nuts. Still a very cool shoe. Materials used are awesome. Wouldn't pay resell out of my pocket for these tho

90s are my favorite. I wish people would keep sleeping on them but since they came out more ppl are coming around on them so I'm hoping resell will stay lower in case I do strike out. Only pair i would debate paying resell for is the 90s.

Tough to say what to do after release tho. Lot of heat coming in November so a lot of ppl might try to off quick to get yeezys or FOG or other nike drops. And Virgil has more nike coming out in 2018 so price could dip. Who knows.

Nobody likes the Chucks?

Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 8.54.23 PM.png

Feel like not many people talking about them cuz they're not dropping until a later date. I also feel like not many people are talking about the second 5 shoes much at all. To be fair I don't believe the hyperdunks, chucks, zoom fly or af 1 look all that special. 97s are kinda cool but the first 5 aesthetic and design concept is much better

I would say see them in hand first if you can. I've been lucky enough where I've been able to handle every silhouette of the first 5 and I would say the VM are the least "wow" factor of them. Very play and just the over size tongue. There's not much to do with them to begin with.

The blazers are pretty cool too. Most practical look to them. Interesting materials used on the different parts. Blazers have had lowest resale and will probably be the "cheapest" of the first 5 in resell still after drop.

1s are slightly overrated imo but that silhouette with this collab makes people go nuts. Still a very cool shoe. Materials used are awesome. Wouldn't pay resell out of my pocket for these tho

I agree with you, seeing them in person will change a lot of your minds. I saw them in person (was in Europe a while back and they had a lot of them on view at the NikeLabs) and my opinion changed a lot on some of the shoes. The AJ1 imo look worse in person. In pictures they look dope af but in person it looks worse. Don't get me wrong tho, they still look good but not $2,000 good. I'm not into the Prestos, so it's an easy pass on me. The AM97, Reacts, Zoom Fly, Converse, and AF1 all end up just looking like the same thing in person. Some of them you can't even tell what shoe it's trying to pay respect to because it just looks like a industrial translucent/white shoe with black text/swoosh on it. Out of those five though, if I were to choose one, the AM97 are pretty dope and the Reacts come second. Those I would love to cop if I missed out on everything. Lastly, the shoes that truly stood out in person were the Blazers, AM90, and the Vapormax's. They look just as good as they do in the pictures. I agree with you that the Vapormax's have the least changes or "wow" factor, but the changes Virgil and Co made makes it look better than the OG and it's still something you could wear to the gym or on the street and not like you're wearing fashion statement shoes. Anyways, that's my two cents and the Blazers, AM90, and VM are the shoes I'm eyeing and looking to even pay resale for if I strike out.

virgil-abloh-off-white-nike-air-force-1.jpg OFF-WHITE x Nike Air Force 1 Low Mens Casual Shoes White Silver.jpg View attachment 1996676 View attachment 1996677 View attachment 1996676 View attachment 1996677
I agree with you, seeing them in person will change a lot of your minds. I saw them in person (was in Europe a while back and they had a lot of them on view at the NikeLabs) and my opinion changed a lot on some of the shoes. The AJ1 imo look worse in person. In pictures they look dope af but in person it looks worse. Don't get me wrong tho, they still look good but not $2,000 good. I'm not into the Prestos, so it's an easy pass on me. The AM97, Reacts, Zoom Fly, Converse, and AF1 all end up just looking like the same thing in person. Some of them you can't even tell what shoe it's trying to pay respect to because it just looks like a industrial translucent/white shoe with black text/swoosh on it. Out of those five though, if I were to choose one, the AM97 are pretty dope and the Reacts come second. Those I would love to cop if I missed out on everything. Lastly, the shoes that truly stood out in person were the Blazers, AM90, and the Vapormax's. They look just as good as they do in the pictures. I agree with you that the Vapormax's have the least changes or "wow" factor, but the changes Virgil and Co made makes it look better than the OG and it's still something you could wear to the gym or on the street and not like you're wearing fashion statement shoes. Anyways, that's my two cents and the Blazers, AM90, and VM are the shoes I'm eyeing and looking to even pay resale for if I strike out.
The vapormax look like absolutely nothing, as far as the stitching is concerned, in person. You'd be lucky if someone managed to peep the text on the other side of the shoe. The only thing you notice about them is the colorway when your see them from past 15 feet. The Blazers have a street aesthetic that leans on the minimalist side while the Air Jordan and presto contrast that vibe with a way more complex design. People like those two the most because it makes you feel like its worthy of a mortgage payment. I'm hoping to get the Air Jordan again. I already ate on the snkrs drop in september...

Also, Are the real air-force ones the cream soles or the silver swoosh?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom