Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

I know everyone’s salty for missing here and or there but the genius behind this release is that we’re all trying. We’re all talking about it. We’re lining up for hours to submit raffles, we’re lining up for hours to pick up shoes. This is the best combination of celebrity/influencer seeding, gorilla marketing, digital marketing, pr, retail experiential and actual product/design innovation in a long time. I know it’s polarizing but polarizing is exactly what Nike needed and believe me when I say that this is going to be the blueprint for these kinds of special releases moving forward. Never has there been a more fervently sustained conversation or coveted release. This purposely fragmented hype cycle, release cycle, news cycle takeover made most of us blind to the fact that there’s really a lot of pairs out there and that patience is key. The fact that we’re all so gotta have it (and have been for months) is no small achievement. I’m thoroughly impressed. Adidas got outclassed this year and for a while hype/influencer innovation was their only true advantage. (They don’t even make boost, so don’t come at me w that).

I know everyone’s salty for missing here and or there but the genius behind this release is that we’re all trying. We’re all talking about it. We’re lining up for hours to submit raffles, we’re lining up for hours to pick up shoes. This is the best combination of celebrity/influencer seeding, gorilla marketing, digital marketing, pr, retail experiential and actual product/design innovation in a long time. I know it’s polarizing but polarizing is exactly what Nike needed and believe me when I say that this is going to be the blueprint for these kinds of special releases moving forward. Never has there been a more fervently sustained conversation or coveted release. This purposely fragmented hype cycle, release cycle, news cycle takeover made most of us blind to the fact that there’s really a lot of pairs out there and that patience is key. The fact that we’re all so gotta have it (and have been for months) is no small achievement. I’m thoroughly impressed. Adidas got outclassed this year and for a while hype/influencer innovation was their only true advantage. (They don’t even make boost, so don’t come at me w that).
:emoji_fax::emoji_fax::emoji_fax:

IMG_1672.JPG
Here go some more facts b

TL;DR
Adidas: "influencers and the hypemachine are how we're going to take over this market"
Nike: "hold my beer"

yea orrrr theyre all hitting crazy resell digits and were in a world where everyone is a reseller now.

Knowledge bombs. Lots of truth here. Both companies slinging their A-game this year. Competition brings out better products. Who knows what jordan brand slipping to 3 could do for them. Maybe they'll make enough pairs for everyone

But in the meantime, if bigevan23 bigevan23 wants to hit on one more 90 in a size 12 and donate one last time...ill throw the hand up Randy Moss style

img]

Who knows what jordan brand slipping to 3 could do for them. Maybe they'll make enough pairs for everyone
they won't be making a ton of pairs. part of their whole rebound strategy for next year is to go back to limited releases.

true. nike learning from their mistake with ye'.

excited to see what adidas has in store. the recent pharrell collabs are garbo and the yeezy V2 are getting old now.

ultraboost + V2 are still more comfortable than anything nike has released though

if I hit tomorrow and regardless, prob gonna pay resell on the Zoom Flys, these will be the first Nikes i have bought in 3 years.

This is facts. As one of those guys who left nike for adidas, i havent sweated over any release from any brand as much as i have this NIKE one.

I did well on alot of 'big' adidas drops this year but all I worry about is OW lol

Back
Top Bottom