Nike x Sacai Collaboration Thread -SACAI X NIKE MAGMASCAPE PACK

b/c they look terrible (imo). when i younger certain color combinations would make me feel nauseous, and Barney was a repeat offender of this.
Alot of ppl like muted colors that's why, they will probably recover eventually though. I remember the OGs hit around $300

Alot of ppl like muted colors that's why, they will probably recover eventually though. I remember the OGs hit around $300
All in all as far as resale goes I think they’ll perform the worst. I don’t understand why Nike released em w/ the 2 neutral pairs instead of the 1st 2 kicks that were just as wild as these.

I'm in the minority that loves Barneys LOL If black wasn't so expensive, I would cop too but Im happy with 2 Blue/Red and Barneys
Agreed. I have gustos and barneys and couldn't be more satisfied..Aiming for white joints then I'm done lol..

I'm in the minority that loves Barneys LOL If black wasn't so expensive, I would cop too but Im happy with 2 Blue/Red and Barneys

Naw, you ain't alone homie. I like the Barneys the second best out of all the colorways, OG newport green is still my favorite doh.

A8A79A28-824E-4BAC-AF46-E3D584D38CAE.jpeg

Unrelated but it's the end of an era...

I noticed StockX is now charging sales tax on purchases. I noticed this yesterday with 2 eBay purchases even though they were international sellers. Looks like more of us will be meeting in-person again to avoid sales tax. Here in Los Angeles, our rates are 10-10.5%.

Edit: Checked GOAT app and they are not including sales tax from what I can see.

One upside to my first two pairs being white and black; regardless of outfit, it’s pretty much daytime=white pair, night=black pair. (More or less) The only thing I may have to change is socks. I’m really struggling to decide on a third colorway between the OG pairs. (Especially since I would like for the next pair to be my last pair) - Still no sales tax on StockX for Georgia.

No sense of foresight if you can't see the Barney's ending up being the most coveted along with the OG/primary color pair. The turn will happen when Nike bastardizes these starting with the triple white and triple black....

I'll probably "wear" mine this weekend. (Already tried it on so its worn LOL)

No sense of foresight if you can't see the Barney's ending up being the most coveted along with the OG/primary color pair. The turn will happen when Nike bastardizes these starting with the triple white and triple black....

Have you seen pictures of the Sacai Waffles that are supposedly releasing in 2020? (From Paris fashion week) Lol. They have no mesh, one pair of laces are leather rope, the others look like ribbons. The laces also have metal aglets. The only thing these “triple black” Waffles have in common with this year’s is the shape. Totally different materials and everything.

Have you seen pictures of the Sacai Waffles that are supposedly releasing in 2020? (From Paris fashion week) Lol. They have no mesh, one pair of laces are leather rope, the others look like ribbons. The laces also have metal aglets. The only thing these “triple black” Waffles have in common with this year’s is the shape. Totally different materials and everything.

pretty sure he's talking about these 2, rumored to release next year

1570051828703.png

pretty sure he's talking about these 2, rumored to release next year

1570051828703.png

I understand he probably thinks that’s what’s releasing next year, but those are just mock ups. People get mock ups wrong all the time. Maybe those will come out as well, but I don’t see any reason to believe that they actually will. If so, wouldn’t they have (most likely) been in Sacai’s spring/summer show like the other pairs? (I do totally agree that the resell value of the Barneys will increase though.)

Last edited:
I understand he probably thinks that’s what’s releasing next year, but those are just mock ups. People get mock ups wrong all the time. Maybe those will come out as well, but I don’t see any reason to believe that they actually will. If so, wouldn’t they have (most likely) been in Sacai’s spring/summer show like the other pairs? (I do totally agree that the resell value of the Barneys will increase though.)

I don't recall seeing the Barney's in any of the Sacai fashion shows. Doesn't mean they weren't a future release colorway. Altho those all black and all white are mockups, both colorways have a style code already and supposedly in the system for a Feb 2020 release (willing to bet it'll delay), but the color code is just black/black and white/white. And tbh, that nylon version you're talking about looks navy to me lol

Last edited:
edit - toebox wrinkling* not creasing. and even the wrinling of where the midsole meets the outsole. Not as clean as the sharp midsole hangover in the heel and overlayed swooshes/panels... Just that contrast as well as the construction quality had me a little "eh" in hand. The whites moreso than the red/blue OG's actually.
All 3 toeboxes are exactly the same.
edit - toebox wrinkling* not creasing. and even the wrinling of where the midsole meets the outsole. Not as clean as the sharp midsole hangover in the heel and overlayed swooshes/panels... Just that contrast as well as the construction quality had me a little "eh" in hand. The whites moreso than the red/blue OG's actually.
same toebox.

Attachments

• 46D11CCC-EF0F-4EEF-9881-F3CEE42BAA28.jpeg
    46D11CCC-EF0F-4EEF-9881-F3CEE42BAA28.jpeg
    302.3 KB · Views: 73
I don't recall seeing the Barney's in any of the Sacai fashion shows. Doesn't mean they weren't a future release colorway. Altho those all black and all white are mockups, both colorways have a style code already and supposedly in the system for a Feb 2020 release (willing to bet it'll delay), but the style code is just black/black and white/white. And tbh, that nylon version you're talking about looks navy to me lol

I definitely didn’t know that. Hey, maybe they will release some that look like those pics then. If so, I’m definitely out on those two pairs. Still undecided on the fashion week pairs. Those ribbon laces are the only thing really killing the vibe for me. I would have to put some different laces in along with the rope laces. (I think) - Yeah, I’ve seen a navy pair and an all black, besides the midsole.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom