Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

FCB8AF6D-7E52-40DC-B8EC-06816E3B0611.png

I can’t believe it :rofl:

first win ever, must be a massive GR

Congrats man, glad you was able to at least get a pair

buying kobes now has become a joke. have not gotten a single pair yet. About done.
I know it’ll get me a lot of heat in
with how these releases have gone the past couple months, i'm throwing in the towel on getting any kobes. Done wasting my time with even trying. Just another **** show of a release.
I hear you,i flirted with some Lebrons but didn’t pull the trigger .

Told myself the last retro id ever get amped about was the Cement IEs. Craziest **** to date ive ever seen, app opened top of the hour *flash* soldout.
I just laughed like yooo no ****in way, im sayin no log out glitch no select size enter back 3 nope none of that lol right to Soldout.
Once that happens on IEs i knew what time it was until and if ever government regulations are set in place for reselling. Good news is were not the only community being robbed by it for whatever thats worth.

Sneakerheads need to hire a lobbying firm to get this done.

Sneakerheads need to hire a lobbying firm to get this done.
They may have dug themselves their own grave because now its spilling over into other communities such as electronics and gaming. Id like to imagine somewhere along the line theyll piss off the wrong person with enough pull and something will atleast get started.
Some like to say its capitalism yet unfortunately thats not the actual definition of whats going on here. They are tying up goods and services with the sole intent of price gouging. Theyre neither licensed distributors nor creators of these products and no acquisition is not the same as ownership especially if intent is shown same day same hour to sell after acquiring items through illegal means.
There will be a day but that will only take place when people have had enough, id support funding a firm to get something on paper to be upchannaled.

wow my brother in law just checked his email and said he saw an order confirmation. He sent me this error this morning

1602810727117.png

so I didn't think too much about it considering its an L. He just showed me his inbox :wow:

1602810867338.png

🤦🏼‍♂️ at myself for buying along with the production dates being later means stock should be better. Good thing I’m not an idiot and didn’t send my Goat pair back beforehand. I’m “ok” with $350 if it’s turning out like this.

I hit Sheikh for some concord 11's years back but those things were pretty high stock. Haven't hit kobes after he passed anywhere but snkrs and the undefeated raffle.

I've entered EVERY single raffle that I can on the Kobe's. Tried on every website that I could. I didn't hit on any of them.

I've entered EVERY single raffle that I can on the Kobe's. Tried on every website that I could. I didn't hit on any of them.

Same here man. I ended up buying a pair of Medusa's for scalper prices because I saved so much money from not being able to buy any pairs... smh

If Nike is going to continue to clown around regarding releases with the Kobe line (like they seem to be), customers who make responsible and educated purchases will buy replicas because it will make sense.

I personally compared my Chaos pair (mall/store purchased release morning in Jan) with someones 'replica' pair. I could not tell the difference. Even the tread patterns on the protro outsole were identical to the rep pair.

Some replicas are now on a level where the only way to tell the difference would be to cut the sneakers open and compare components.

Educated, responsible consumers make it a point to KNOW what they are buying. With replicas, the consumer KNOWS what they are getting.

As someone who at one time owned well over a hundred pairs of Kobes, and has been collecting sneakers for decades...I have ZERO faith in resellers, 3rd party marketplaces that authenticate, etc. The fakes are now at too high a level. Unless a pair were purchased directly from the manufacturer, I would no longer have any faith in the product being authentic. I would never pay $250+ for a pair unless I have zero doubt regarding authenticity.

Soon...the only way makers like Nike will be able to combat fakes will be internal ID chips or some kinda cryptographic tag kinda deal.

Bottom line...if Nike doesn't want to make enough pairs to meet demand, it's likely other parties will satisfy the demand... and consumers should know what they are buying, which is becoming extremely hard.

NOTE: My level of 'balling' now consists of games of horse. If I was still seriously playing, I'm pretty sure I would feel the difference.

If Nike is going to continue to clown around regarding releases with the Kobe line (like they seem to be), customers who make responsible and educated purchases will buy replicas because it will make sense.

I personally compared my Chaos pair (mall/store purchased release morning in Jan) with someones 'replica' pair. I could not tell the difference. Even the tread patterns on the protro outsole were identical to the rep pair.

Some replicas are now on a level where the only way to tell the difference would be to cut the sneakers open and compare components.

Educated, responsible consumers make it a point to KNOW what they are buying. With replicas, the consumer KNOWS what they are getting.

As someone who at one time owned well over a hundred pairs of Kobes, and has been collecting sneakers for decades...I have ZERO faith in resellers, 3rd party marketplaces that authenticate, etc. The fakes are now at too high a level. Unless a pair were purchased directly from the manufacturer, I would no longer have any faith in the product being authentic. I would never pay $250+ for a pair unless I have zero doubt regarding authenticity.

Soon...the only way makers like Nike will be able to combat fakes will be internal ID chips or some kinda cryptographic tag kinda deal.

Bottom line...if Nike doesn't want to make enough pairs to meet demand, it's likely other parties will satisfy the demand... and consumers should know what they are buying, which is becoming extremely hard.

NOTE: My level of 'balling' now consists of games of horse. If I was still seriously playing, I'm pretty sure I would feel the difference.
people said this about jordans, and yeezys, and every other desirable, somewhat difficult shoe over the past 5-10 years

if you wanna wear fakes, wear fakes, but it's not some kind of market/cultural phenomenon

I tripled up on Kobe 5s for ball back in 2010-2011 and played all of them to the ground, still to date my favorite basketball shoes to play in ever. I got a pair of the Kobe 4 Protros last year hoping to recapture the magic of the 5s for me and while they're excellent shoes it's just not the same for me.

Fast forward to this year and with Kobe's unfortunate passing (RIP) it seems now impossible to get them which sucks. I did not want to collect these for the sake of collecting, I wanted to relive the glory days of playing in these kicks and now it seems like I won't be able to get any ever.

/rant

Of course my pair of 5 rings comes with a defect smh. Looks like a scuff in the back of the midsole.

Attachments

• AFB4747B-F6FE-45CF-964E-34FDB2B7F912.jpeg
    AFB4747B-F6FE-45CF-964E-34FDB2B7F912.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 571
Back
Top Bottom