Nike Zoom LeBron V - Launch in Vegas [Pics]

^ LeBron came across as inarticulate, apathetic, and relatively clueless about the shoes in that video- the direct opposite of MJ.

I'm glad I'm a Jordan guy.

^^^ Youre glad youre a jordan guy huh? Ya its good jordan brand repays you with crappy shoes, zero quality and tarnished retros in the fruitiest colors they can possibly find. JB is a joke now. Im sure these lebrons will be a better ball shoes than the jordan 23s, just like the 4s were better than the 22s and the 3s were better than the 21 and the 2s were better than the 20s.

^ I meant that I'm glad I'm a Michael Jordan fan, who grew up watching and idolizing him.

Has nothing to do with the brand.

Quote:
LeBron came across as inarticulate, apathetic, and relatively clueless about the shoes in that video- the direct opposite of MJ.
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......
"WE like some wild COWBOYS comin to get YOU at high noon"

FS: Retro Jordan 5(black and silver)sz. 10.5 $150: Black Foams 11.5,$220

To be fair...the video highlighted mainly just what Kenzo was talking about as far as details of the shoe, performance cues, and design aesthetics. Lebron spoke much more than that during the session, and joked about future OSU pe's and other topics regarding his shoe. He might not be as articulate as MJ, and is certainly not as sneaker savvy as Kobe (I've never seen a more engaging athlete when it comes to his footwear), but you have to consider he's only 22 and every day is a learning experience. I think you guys are putting way too much pressure on him to talk sneakers at the level we understand them, when Kenzo is truly the man behind the shoe (along with a team of developers & other people) and Lebron simply wears them on-court for their intended purpose.

Kix -- Thanks for posting the vid!
.:: I CAN ONLY IMAGINE - AND MY IMAGINATION IS AMAZING ::.
JUSTIN TAYLOR IS THE TRUTH​

lobotomybeats, no its not too absurd for ppl to change their minds. however it is when everyone who said it was ugly a few wks/months ago flip the script and talk about "copped on day one" the overall look/shape/performance of the shoe hasnt changed, what you have gotten is stitching and lasering to make the shoe look more "finished/complete" with that said, its not enough to turn an ugly shoe, into a MUST HAVE ACQUISITION.

its not that ppl changed their minds, but its what the reasons are for their minds have changed, too many sheep around.

some thread and laser etching =\= a hott shoe. details dont change the performance.

the strap is fugly and is placed in an unfamiliar place
the sole is ... ?
what material is the upper, ive seen no consistancy yet b.w the footlocker/china/black-red/navy-white
the heel tab is just as odd as the arch strap.
why use phyposite if its going to be halfassed?

for a successor shoe the ONLY thing its doing better than the last sneaker is its weight.

the shoe is ugly in my opinion.

hype kills, and its evident with these wishy washy ppl who thing that a few strands of thread make and ugly shoe hott.

Quote:
its not that ppl changed their minds, but its what the reasons are for their minds have changed, too many sheep around.

some thread and laser etching =\= a hott shoe. details dont change the performance.

Ok. Point taken. And I'm really not going to go too much into this here, not really the place. But I know from a personal standpoint, I like these much more now than I did a month or so ago. It's the small details that make a shoe memorable. If that weren't the case you wouldn't have a lasered Jordan history (with some icons not even explained) on the XX, "OBC" on Garnetts, or Pee Wee beating off in a SB shoe....something you can't even see when wearing. I don't think it is unfathomable for people to be drawn to a shoe based on minutiae. In fact, I think Nike banks on it.

Quote:
He might not be as articulate as MJ, and is certainly not as sneaker savvy as Kobe (I've never seen a more engaging athlete when it comes to his footwear), but you have to consider he's only 22 and every day is a learning experience.

I glad Nick said this because I think you guys forget that MJ in his early days of the league was not articulate either. Jordan "learned" and became media savvy as the spotlight grew... There was less marketing of the athlete then than it is now.... All MJ had to do was play ball his first four years in the league and do spot advertisements here and there.. he did not spend nearly the amount of time in front of the camera as Melo, Bron, Kobe, ect ... do today..

And... there were no "senakerheads" clamering about the what, when, how, where, who of a shoe.... folks just played sports... in shoes.....

Booooo. This shoe takes NO chances. Totally boring and looks exactly like the soldiers. The shoe doesn't have to be radically designed (like the kobe 3s), but come on. The IVs were so promising, and were sweet to look at, (although a little heavy for playing.) And the Vs just devolve into something blahhhh. I like the little touches on them (the stitching looks nice, lasering is good), but that's too little too late. I'm hoping the 6s will be a better designed shoe that evokes some kind of response other than "they alright" or "uh ok."

Quote:
Ok. Point taken. And I'm really not going to go too much into this here, not really the place. But I know from a personal standpoint, I like these much more now than I did a month or so ago. It's the small details that make a shoe memorable. If that weren't the case you wouldn't have a lasered Jordan history (with some icons not even explained) on the XX, "OBC" on Garnetts, or Pee Wee beating off in a SB shoe....something you can't even see when wearing. I don't think it is unfathomable for people to be drawn to a shoe based on minutiae. In fact, I think Nike banks on it.

it is in the details, ill give you that ... but its a basketball shoe first not a designer piece of attire. however they lost me on the sole and the strap, no amount of detail can compensate for that. kens good last year looked to be a golden moment for him, ZK2 and ZLIV as flagships but he only looks to be hittin with the ZK3 this year ... we'll see.

im disappointed is all.

Quote:
Totally boring and looks exactly like the soldiers

Nah... they look like the Zoom BB's and thats a first for the Lebron Line...

His shoes have always looked different from all others...
Kinda early for the line to fall off like JB did after the XV's....

i'm not too sure i'm feelin' the contrast stitching on the white/navy. chinas, however, are sexy...
it's growing on me more and more. the only thing i'm still on the fence about is the sole, but the overall shoe looks better.
Team Philippines
Member #23

There iight but ill wait for them to go on sale or hit the outlets
TeamLakers
patiently waiting​
TeamBengals
Ocho-Cinco​

wow.....last year witness/believe and now ..FEARLESS

TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James,Pavlovic,Hughes,Gooden,IIgauskas,Varejao,Marshall ,Da.Jones,Snow,Wesley,Newble,Gibson,Brown​

i feel like those can't be rocked with jeans
They try to take me out the game, but I's alive. It's like a old negro spiritual, but I mastered Tobey. With a splash of Monster Kody, shoot faster than Kobe - Jay Z

Ugly!!!!!!!!!!! They look just like Lebron Zoom Soldier team shoe, can someone post a pic of them. Nike is starting to make themselves look real stupid having a big launch party for a shoe that looks just like something they brought out a few months ago that didnt even sell good in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom