Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

sold out on all of them.

is this a one and done shoe or do they restock?

Seems to be very hit and miss. I would guess most places don't receive a huge amount of inventory as well when they do get them. Either that or people can't wait to unload $250 :lol:

Seems to be very hit and miss. I would guess most places don't receive a huge amount of inventory as well when they do get them. Either that or people can't wait to unload $250 :lol:

haha damn.

are these sold in any stores or just online?

Philadelphia runner has three or four stores. Call one and they should tell you which of their stores has stock.

you can also call Nike flatiron in Manhattan to check stock as well. Nike flatiron accepts phone orders but payment has to be a Nike gift card.

just got a promo code from Nike. $35 off $150 or more. (SAVEMORE)

bout to cop another pair of ZFs.

just dont know which CW to go with: Bright Crimson or Vast Grey?

Valentines SP
2/14
20180207105430_original.jpg
Showing up on the SNKRS app now for March 15th. TOKYO SP.

Edit: Sorry already been mentioned. Didn’t see others update.

A short comparison video of the midsole compression of Nike's three different foam/Flyknit based runners. The Nike Vaporfly Elite, the Nike Epic React and the Lunar Epic.

Interesting video. Clearly the VF’s (4% and Elite’s) are superior to all other road racing shoes at this point. Adizero (Wilson Kipchang road shoe prototypes) are probably the closest competitor we’ll see to the VF’s.

React’s are probably not good running shoes. From what I’ve read / seen... they’re decent trainers at best. Who knows if they’re even durable.

More of a “cool run shoe” for the everyday *f boi* walking around soho in sweat pants.. designed to compete with the sales of Adidas UB’s and NMD’s.

Also.. this video isn’t a great basis for comparison. The subject is a heel striker

Interesting video. Clearly the VF’s (4% and Elite’s) are superior to all other road racing shoes at this point. Adizero (Wilson Kipchang road shoe prototypes) are probably the closest competitor we’ll see to the VF’s.

React’s are probably not good running shoes. From what I’ve read / seen... they’re decent trainers at best. Who knows if they’re even durable.

More of a “cool run shoe” for the everyday *f boi* walking around soho in sweat pants.. designed to compete with the sales of Adidas UB’s and NMD’s.

Also.. this video isn’t a great basis for comparison. The subject is a heel striker

That's me in the video and I definitely need to fix my form hahah but was also trying to show the different striking forms starting first from the forefoot and transitioning to the heel. The fast to slow motion kind of messed it up as editing in an iPhone made it difficult and didn't end up properly capturing all three. Was bored at my place and figured it be fun to record my first run in the Epic Reacts but I agree they're not really comparable to the Vaporflys at all.

Side note: the 4% claim came from an experiment which tested the Vaporfly against the streak 6 and Adios boost 2.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40279-017-0811-2

The 4% claim is valid against the adios 2 as well as the streak 6. Adidas claim the Adizero sub2 is 1% more efficient, due to being 100 grams lighter from the new boost light and upper, than the Adios boost. So that means the Adizero sub2 is going to be 3% less efficient than the Vaporfly.

Also the Epic React is 20% more durable for people on average than standard Nike running shoes (e.g. Pegasus, Vomero, lunarepic...). And shoes like the Epic React and Ultraboost are good running shoes. It's just that you need a good neutral gait because they both don't offer much support.

If you look at David Laney’s IG post he has a Vaporfly hashtag.
Yeah, I think it's a mistake by him. The shoes have flywire on them, and it's Nike's design now to not have flywire on racing flats and track spikes. I would be shocked if they went against this

About to hit the 4%’s with some Jason Markk to extend their beauty for upcoming races

Attachments

• 37FCB25E-E675-4548-B55D-3EC8F69BC3AC.jpeg
    37FCB25E-E675-4548-B55D-3EC8F69BC3AC.jpeg
    303.2 KB · Views: 8
Those asking .. I never ran in the Elite’s. I like the 4%’s. I don’t think the difference in performance would be worth UN’DSing em.

Since they’re full sizes.. if you get the chance I’d go half size up.

Simply because if you’re racing in them your foot will inevitably swell up. Better to go a 1/2 up as opposed to a 1/2 down in terms of running comfort. I realize there is some built in room for foot expansion / toe strike - you can always wear slightly thicker run socks.

For those just wearing them for non running I don’t think a half size up or down will make or break your day.

Attachments

• BDAAFDF4-EE7D-4169-AFA8-AE6F0AE96780.jpeg
    BDAAFDF4-EE7D-4169-AFA8-AE6F0AE96780.jpeg
    343.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 638FC9B4-BAE3-4CEC-8B66-6A500BCEE494.jpeg
    638FC9B4-BAE3-4CEC-8B66-6A500BCEE494.jpeg
    249.8 KB · Views: 26
On display a few months ago in Nike SoHo. The OG’s are just perfect! The black nyc pair is probably the most limited at the moment... but the OG colorway is beautiful and the breaking 2 team put the most thought into the color balance.

I only say that because I don’t think any other pair has been labeled just 1/100. Also... they were a super quick release out of nowhere. No leaked images. No build up.

Attachments

• 4D98E926-64F6-4C78-AE7F-70E1B5F43EA0.jpeg
    4D98E926-64F6-4C78-AE7F-70E1B5F43EA0.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 22
About to hit the 4%’s with some Jason Markk to extend their beauty for upcoming races
just be careful with brushing since the upper for the zf and vf4 get a bit sensitive to the jason markk curved brush. otherwise the cleaning material does the job and keeps them looking straight fire

just be careful with brushing since the upper for the zf and vf4 get a bit sensitive to the jason markk curved brush. otherwise the cleaning material does the job and keeps them looking straight fire
Thanks. I saw this after I did them. They look good, smell good! I was tad rough with the bristles of the brush but the material seems unfazed.

The brush is an older one with a straight handle. I’m happy with the results

On display a few months ago in Nike SoHo. The OG’s are just perfect! The black nyc pair is probably the most limited at the moment... but the OG colorway is beautiful and the breaking 2 team put the most thought into the color balance.

I only say that because I don’t think any other pair has been labeled just 1/100. Also... they were a super quick release out of nowhere. No leaked images. No build up.

Yeah my black Vaporfly Elite and my extra crimson elites came from Nike Flatiron and came with the 1/100 tag. Definitely less 100 of the blacks released (56 people picked up that day) but not sure as to the crimsons. The crimson pair I wear came from a friend from the UK weeks before the NYC Marathon launch.

Back
Top Bottom