Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Also was told that 300 total pairs of the elites were made for public (not including Monza color way) so there should be 100 crimsons, 100 NYCs and 100 Japans. Don't think every pair made it out the door though (Some were given to Nike runners and athletes).

Last edited:
Also was told that 300 total pairs of the elites were made for public (not including Monza color way) so there should be 100 crimsons, 100 NYCs and 100 Japans. Don't think every pair made it out the door though (Some were given to Nike runners and athletes).
So regret not picking up my pair when I had the chance...

Any members still seeing ZFs in their outlets ? I could really use a nice discount to try out a pair :nerd:
I've said before NYC had a bunch of stock but it tends to go pretty fast..right now HyperBlue Women's sizes are at Ghetto Gardens...with random sizes currently on hash...

Friends and family is the weekend of the 22nd so should be available for a nice 30% off....

Paramus also had a 2-3 pairs of 4% returns on hash last weekend with 30% off but they were the blues...considered grabbing another pair but seemed like overkill so I passed...

I would say if you are patient don't pay more then $75- $80 for VF's....outlets will be stocked if not now definitely in the coming months

Had them at sawgrass in FL same price you pay with the discount code on NDC $120

Yeah, I also picked up a pair of the Blue Fox colorway today at the Vineland Outlets in FL as well. $120. Took em for a run right after copping. Forgot how difficult it was running in 86 degree heat. Lol

Okay. I caved in. I got a pair of blue fox zf from NDC using savemore AND 5% additional cash back via discover deals. i just felt i needed blue fox among my ice blue, crimson, and hyper royal zfs b/c once i retire them they'll be sneakers :smile:

sooo...

ummmm...

is nike planning to release any new colorways for the Vaporfly?

for the investments they've done on research and marketing and how well this is selling out, it seems like nike doesn't want to make their money back

i'd say this is exactly what they want, for them to sell out instantly but I can't help but think that they are selling them at such a low number though

i can't even think the next VF colorways coming up

Holy ****.
IMG_4869.JPG

#cantwait.

They're actually ZF soles. Initially, I planned to run heavy mileage in them. But, now, I'm reconsidering using them just casually now. :lol:

I'm looking to grab more White/Crimson ZF soles. I've got three upper options in mind...

- Black/Crimson FL3
- Crimson/Volt Multi FKR
- Crimson/Volt Blocked FKR

They're actually ZF soles. Initially, I planned to run heavy mileage in them. But, now, I'm reconsidering using them just casually now. :lol:

I'm looking to grab more White/Crimson ZF soles. I've got three upper options in mind...

- Black/Crimson FL3
- Crimson/Volt Multi FKR
- Crimson/Volt Blocked FKR
Are you able*** to get cheap ZFs?

Last edited:
sooo...

ummmm...

is nike planning to release any new colorways for the Vaporfly?

for the investments they've done on research and marketing and how well this is selling out, it seems like nike doesn't want to make their money back

i'd say this is exactly what they want, for them to sell out instantly but I can't help but think that they are selling them at such a low number though

i can't even think the next VF colorways coming up

Yeah, I've been wondering about this myself. There have been ZERO leaked images of the next Vaporfly colorway. I'm so curious what (if anything) it will be.

And yeah, NIKE's approach to this is baffling. The demand for this shoe is unprecedented and yet it doesn't seem like they're capitalizing on it. I can't tell if it's a marketing tactic or a production issue.

Yeah, I've been wondering about this myself. There have been ZERO leaked images of the next Vaporfly colorway. I'm so curious what (if anything) it will be.

And yeah, NIKE's approach to this is baffling. The demand for this shoe is unprecedented and yet it doesn't seem like they're capitalizing on it. I can't tell if it's a marketing tactic or a production issue.

You have to remember that the Vaporfly is in the racing category of shoes. Nike tend to show of 2 or 3 new colourways in the fall on their top athletes at the major marathons and indoor races and then put those colourways on sale in January and Febuary. Nike may show of 1 or 2 colourways in the spring if their is a world championship or Olympics that year.

Nike don't like making many colourways in racing shoes and spikes beacuse they want them to stand out and for people to recognise them.

Nike still have the black and white colourways to both be put on sale, they tend to sell those colourways when they are happy that the shoe is established enough for what they want in the market.

You have to remember that the Vaporfly is in the racing category of shoes. Nike tend to show of 2 or 3 new colourways in the fall on their top athletes at the major marathons and indoor races and then put those colourways on sale in January and Febuary. Nike may show of 1 or 2 colourways in the spring if their is a world championship or Olympics that year.

Nike don't like making many colourways in racing shoes and spikes beacuse they want them to stand out and for people to recognise them.

Nike still have the black and white colourways to both be put on sale, they tend to sell those colourways when they are happy that the shoe is established enough for what they want in the market.

waiting for these cw's to hit the 4%. i'm all in.

I think the Vaporfly is a different story though, yes it's a racing shoes but there aren't some flats for sprints that not many would buy.

They put a lot into the marketing of this shoes, more so in a racing model in recent memory so I figure they want to sell as much as they want.

They made this as appealing to the public as possible and probably got people to buy these shoes and maybe try and run farther than they usually do.

And they actually are selling out unlike their other racers which is an accomplishment after their huge marketing push so I wouldn't say this is Nike typical racer shoes, not just in terms of performance but all the other ancillary things involved.

But really, this release has been a mess since the beginning with practically the first two colorways release getting pushed back 2-3 months.

The only thing I could think of is that the Vaporfly 4% is their marketing tool to promote and sell their other running shoes like Zoomfly and upcoming Pegasus Turbo, pretty much to say:

"hey, look at the Zoomfly, they look like the Vaporfly's that almost broke the 2hr marathon mark"

"hey, look at the Pegasus Turbo, it uses the ZoomX used in the Vaporfly's that almost broke the 2hr marathon mark"

Back
Top Bottom