Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

A retired pair with over 500 miles on them. I cleaned the shoe up after retiring them.
Midfoot striker, mild overpronator (replaced insoles with superfeet blue).

I currently have 2 other active zoom flies: hyper royals with about 210 miles, ice blues with about 65 miles.

Attachments

• 10C3E3D0-121E-46AC-85C1-23474A78BEDC.jpeg
    10C3E3D0-121E-46AC-85C1-23474A78BEDC.jpeg
    328.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 9E7D21AC-2B30-4F75-8414-575E6A01F601.jpeg
    9E7D21AC-2B30-4F75-8414-575E6A01F601.jpeg
    313.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 82A9EEC2-16EF-4567-BDF8-364F2ABCA3C6.jpeg
    82A9EEC2-16EF-4567-BDF8-364F2ABCA3C6.jpeg
    312.6 KB · Views: 49
  • F556FB7C-1EF9-49FA-9E19-3A99107F26C4.jpeg
    F556FB7C-1EF9-49FA-9E19-3A99107F26C4.jpeg
    380.9 KB · Views: 47
I'll post pics of mine. I'll tell you this, for the 300 miles I put on them, the sole is pretty worn off compared to yours lol

Do you guys wear the 4% casually instead of using it to run/train? If so, how is it?

I'll post pics of mine. I'll tell you this, for the 300 miles I put on them, the sole is pretty worn off compared to yours lol
with my running form/gait it seems like my foam for shoes in general becomes dead/near dead before any significant outsole and upper wear occurs.

A retired pair with over 500 miles on them. I cleaned the shoe up after retiring them.
Midfoot striker, mild overpronator (replaced insoles with superfeet blue).

I currently have 2 other active zoom flies: hyper royals with about 210 miles, ice blues with about 65 miles.

Those BCs have 500mi?

Do you guys wear the 4% casually instead of using it to run/train? If so, how is it?

I wear my pair casually, I’ve actually never run in them. The shoe is super comfortable, crazy light and good looking with a pair of TF/TK joggers.

They do have the tendency to squeak a bunch on tile or similar hard surfaced floors. Not sure if my pair needs to break in more or what.

I wear my pair casually, I’ve actually never run in them. The shoe is super comfortable, crazy light and good looking with a pair of TF/TK joggers.

They do have the tendency to squeak a bunch on tile or similar hard surfaced floors. Not sure if my pair needs to break in more or what.
That's good to hear. I'm planning to wear mine casually since I'm not a serious runner (about 15 miles a week) and I usually wear shoes I don't care as much for running. But was very curious about the feel of the 4% so had to pick up a pair.

I was able to have a big PR in my last marathon wearing the Crimson Red VF4%. I have two of the 4%s that I only wear for big races.

Also... Nike notified me NYC Marathon weekend via the app that I could pickup a pair of the Elite’s from their running store. They’re a work of art imo. Perfectly constructed. I was going to race in them at that marathon I had the PR in but decided last minute to play it safe knowing that the 4%s work well I decided to stick with them.

Attachments

• 9E53F388-20AE-4E02-A80D-40949AA6EE4A.png
    9E53F388-20AE-4E02-A80D-40949AA6EE4A.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
I was able to have a big PR in my last marathon wearing the Crimson Red VF4%. I have two of the 4%s that I only wear for big races.

Also... Nike notified me NYC Marathon weekend via the app that I could pickup a pair of the Elite’s from their running store. They’re a work of art imo. Perfectly constructed. I was going to race in them at that marathon I had the PR in but decided last minute to play it safe knowing that the 4%s work well I decided to stick with them.
Congrats....I just couldnt stomach $650 on running shoes....

So have you raced in them at all??

Congrats....I just couldnt stomach $650 on running shoes....

So have you raced in them at all??
Thanks!

Negative.. I don’t even know how my foot would respond to these Elite’s. The cut is a little higher up the ankle. Personally I prefer a more lean/minimal design for racing.

I think I’ll stick with the 4%’s for 1/2M and full marathon races. Ice blue 4% I wore once. Crimson red 4% I wore once. I’m superstitious that wearing them even once diminishes the carbon plate energy return lol. I know.. it’s a ridiculous mindset

the sole of the 4%s wear like crazy, it's like they've been grated after a run. other than that, i love em.

Those things are straight fire. How do they fit you?

You’re running with the zoom fly all around the world while the best I can do is my attached picture in my boring home haha.

Are you on vacation? You’ve been able to run everywhere!! I wish I could do a trip like yours and see so many places.

Attachments

• 930A2EB4-FF0D-45F5-B838-F1EA93F35BB8.png
    930A2EB4-FF0D-45F5-B838-F1EA93F35BB8.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
Just a quick question. I want to order the New light grey VP4 but havent tried them yet. These will be my first Nike shoes. Usually I wear a size 10 1/2. Would you recommend the same for the Vaporfly's 4% ?

Just a quick question. I want to order the New light grey VP4 but havent tried them yet. These will be my first Nike shoes. Usually I wear a size 10 1/2. Would you recommend the same for the Vaporfly's 4% ?
If you're going to wear them casually, you'd probably be able to go down a 1/2 size. If you're planning on running in them, I'd stay TTS as you'll want to the extra room for toe splay and foot swell during the course of long runs.

Back
Top Bottom