Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

$300 will price these completely out of the market for there intended audience...I think $250 is the max...with regular 4% dropping somewhere in between the ZF and these...

Interested to see what the flyknit does to the weight...will definitely upgrade the comfort but could effect the performance...

i just can't imagine them dropping the price of the VFs until maybe the 2.0's

nike has a habit of pushing to see what the market is like and how much people are willing to pay

i think the flyknit will definitely weigh more, the current upper feels like it can only get lighter if you just remove everything else and left flywire in there but the flyknit could also improve the overall fit as it molds to your feet more, it could prevent heel slippage to those who may have that problem...

and it looking like the elites and what kipchoge wore will play a factor too, keep in mind that they were selling those for $650(?)

^ $600, $656 w/ NYC tax lol

Agreed with you guys, couldn't see the price of the VF going any higher. IIRC, someone in here who was selected for the Elite pair, said that Nike Flatiron ended up having to send pairs back to Nike as they had some remaining. Not all were going to spend that kind of money, and that was limited to 100. Imagine trying to sell a standard pair for $300?

up on snkrs and don't forget ebates with 8% cashback

seems easy enough to get either pairs

Reactions: yu
Ended up getting the cream pair. First pair of these ever, so excited to see how they feel. They olive pair is really nice, got me thinking about getting that also lol.

up on snkrs and don't forget ebates with 8% cashback

seems easy enough to get either pairs

Wait... we could use ebates on SNKRs? How Sway?

Was able to scoop up my true size and 1/2 down. This seemed like an easy launch! :nthat:

Last edited:
damn, you tripled up on the strings?

with the pending VF4%FK coming up, it's gon' be difficult to double on any pairs

damn, you tripled up on the strings?

with the pending VF4%FK coming up, it's gon' be difficult to double on any pairs

These are my new beaters. I’ll be wearing one casually, one for the gym/running (no lifting in these though), and one to stock for later. I’ve been wearing my all blacks and reds nonstop. Most comfortable shoes since...the epic reacts haha

Was able to scoop up my true size and 1/2 down. This seemed like an easy launch! :nthat:
I open a link through ebates when I’m about to purchase something on the app. Then usually I wait till I actually get the shoes and do it manually from my account >> track my cash back. They’ll either send you the cash back right away or they’ll ask for the confirmation email. Works 100% of the time but sometimes it might take a while. The process will even work if you forget to open a shopping ticket through ebates and do it minutes after purchase (which is what I did for these thanks to rfx45 rfx45 for the friendly reminder)

haha, yah as mentioned use the desktop version

before i knew that was possible or thought the snkrs was also available on the app, i would go on ebates.com and click on nike and then log in right about the time i buy on the app and then email them later where the cashback is and they usually honor it

edit: oops beat me to it on how it's done :lol:

I’m completely of the vaporfly hype. For the price, lack of versatility and durability they’re not worth the price. Throw in the inability to actually get a pair without camping your damn phone and it’s an easy decision. I understand the performance aspects are great but I’m not a professional so I don’t need 250 dollar shoes to use for a month.

Nike needs to lower the price by a lot

I may be the minority here but I actually prefer the mesh over the fly knit for running shoes. Flyinit has my foot going all over the place when running in the city. I get that if you’re on a track that wouldn’t be a huge problem

These are my new beaters. I’ll be wearing one casually, one for the gym/running (no lifting in these though), and one to stock for later. I’ve been wearing my all blacks and reds nonstop. Most comfortable shoes since...the epic reacts haha

that's cool, i'm somewhat in the same situation except i seem to be accumulating all the colorways :lol:

though in your case, wouldn't you prefer to run/workout in the olives because the darker upper will show less dirt?

i usually do not care about dirt much but it do hate looking at me how muddy my ice blue VFs get

29415782_1659536914130919_3934074783393644544_n.jpg

that's cool, i'm somewhat in the same situation except i seem to be accumulating all the colorways :lol:

though in your case, wouldn't you prefer to run/workout in the olives because the darker upper will show less dirt?

i usually do not care about dirt much but it do hate looking at me how muddy my ice blue VFs get

I went for the Strings first on NDC, and then I saw the Olives sold out already. Plus I’m not really into Olive colored clothing in general. It doesn’t go well with my pale skin tone haha. I’ll live with the dirt knowing I have a DS pair in my closet haha

No 12.5 per usual, so I went with a 13 on the Vapor Street creams. Hope it works out, excited to give these a try.

I’m completely of the vaporfly hype. For the price, lack of versatility and durability they’re not worth the price. Throw in the inability to actually get a pair without camping your damn phone and it’s an easy decision. I understand the performance aspects are great but I’m not a professional so I don’t need 250 dollar shoes to use for a month.

Nike needs to lower the price by a lot

I may be the minority here but I actually prefer the mesh over the fly knit for running shoes. Flyinit has my foot going all over the place when running in the city. I get that if you’re on a track that wouldn’t be a huge problem

Agree 100% with everything you said. Although I haven’t found these hard to get. I got 4 pairs initially and ended up selling 3 after I found out how much I hate how unstable these are. Not to mention these wear down so quickly. Not worth the price but I get why Nike charges $250 for them. These are only for professionals or those running in marathons

Back
Top Bottom