Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

That first pic appears to say Mamba 4. Current version of that spike is the Nike Zoom Mamba 3. That second pic appears to have the same upper as the Zoom Matumbo 3

How’s the sizing of the off white x flyknit Zoom Fly? TTS?

My tts is 11.5. I read multiple times you should size .5 down in OW FK ZF. So I tried on 11 and it was too tight. 11.5 was much better especially around ankles. So I’ll be going tts on these. FYI I’m 11 in 4%, 11.5 in ZF, 11.5 in VF Street, and 12 in ZF SP.

^ ndc needs to do the same and let people use additional discounts on top. been over a year now, just drop the price.

Has anyone run in the zoom flys with orthotics? If so, what has been your experience? I may have to start but unsure if this is the right shoe to use orthotics in due to the carbon plate in the shoe already makes it pretty stiff

Not a custom orthotic, but I use Superfeet Black (I take the top off and use just the plastic part) underneath the sock liner that comes with the ZF. Makes the shoes perfect for me and a little more stable. I have a pretty flat arch and running in the shoe without it just didn't have the stability I needed. I didn't find it made it any stiffer. An orthotic functions in a different way than the plate they have embedded in the foam, so it didn't really change anything. I still feel very efficient in the shoe and love the ride. In case anyone cares, I have also used those same Superfeet in VF 4%! I do cut out the back of the glued in insole so it sits lower since the heel cup isn't as deep as the ZF. I only use them for longs runs in the VF 4%, but not in races and do tend to changes things a little too much when running faster than about 6:30 pace.

Has anyone run in the zoom flys with orthotics? If so, what has been your experience? I may have to start but unsure if this is the right shoe to use orthotics in due to the carbon plate in the shoe already makes it pretty stiff

I’ve run with orthotics in the ZF and haven’t had any issues.

Not sure which thread we're using for the EXP-X14's, so I'll just post here:

upload_2018-6-26_10-43-22.jpeg

Last edited:
Cop'd the black/orange X-14's. Struck out on the react 87's so these are my consolation prize for now. Lol. Plus I'm from the Bay Area so i gotta rep them SF Giants.

purely casual

appreciate the heads up:

EXP-X14
The Nike Sportswear EXP-X14 both remembers Nike’s history and pushes the boundaries of lifestyle footwear through the use of numbers and transparent design elements. Here’s what you need to know about it.

The name and numbers

• EXP is shorthand for “experiment,” which was essentially how the Nike Sportswear designers adapted performance running features into a lifestyle shoe.
  • The second part of the shoe’s name, X14, was the original internal codename for Nike React technology (which is used in the shoe’s midsole to provide cushion for all-day comfort).
  • N3546, which is printed on the medial side, represents Steve Prefontaine’s fastest mile (3 minutes and 54.6 seconds) and nods to Nike’s rich history in running.
Its look

• With its translucent upper, this shoe is a modern take on the Nike Zoom Drive (a late-90s running shoe).
  • The exposed TPU plate that cuts across the midsole and tapered heel emulate the Nike Zoom Vaporfly 4% shoes worn by Breaking2 athletes.
The Nike Sportswear EXP-X14 will be available beginning June 28 via SNEAKRS in Europe. From July 5, the shoe will be available from the Nike SNKRS app in North America, Greater China on nike.com and at select retailers.

Thanks for the info guys. Will give it a try tonight.

Not a custom orthotic, but I use Superfeet Black (I take the top off and use just the plastic part) underneath the sock liner that comes with the ZF. Makes the shoes perfect for me and a little more stable. I have a pretty flat arch and running in the shoe without it just didn't have the stability I needed. I didn't find it made it any stiffer. An orthotic functions in a different way than the plate they have embedded in the foam, so it didn't really change anything. I still feel very efficient in the shoe and love the ride. In case anyone cares, I have also used those same Superfeet in VF 4%! I do cut out the back of the glued in insole so it sits lower since the heel cup isn't as deep as the ZF. I only use them for longs runs in the VF 4%, but not in races and do tend to changes things a little too much when running faster than about 6:30 pace.

I’ve run with orthotics in the ZF and haven’t had any issues.

Vapor Street React can be used for running, right??

Comes in a red NSW box, so I would think it’s a lifestyle shoe.

But at the end of my 1/2 Marathon last month, I saw a runner in a pair of the TB VSF’s. Meant to ask him how it felt but was to wet and tired to even start a convo

I think illustrayt illustrayt has ran in them but I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom