Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Is it confirmed these are react? Nike press releaae said it's lunarlon but the Snkrs app said react. I was under the impression that the ZPSP and the ZPSP Fast were still lunarlon...

Not sure but if I had to guess I'd say they are same material as the 4%. The soles look almost identical to the VF FK but the ZF sole is a little bit bigger. The ZF also weighs almost 2 ounces more. The foam looks and feels the same on both models.

Not sure but if I had to guess I'd say they are same material as the 4%. The soles look almost identical to the VF FK but the ZF sole is a little bit bigger. The ZF also weighs almost 2 ounces more. The foam looks and feels the same on both models.

The VF have a ZoomX midsole. If you’ve worn the VF and ZF you can tell the difference between Zoom X and Lunarlon/ React. It’s a much different feel.

The question is whether thre Gyakusou ZF have the misole of the OG ZF and ZF SP or if it has the full react and carbon fiber plate that’s in the ZF FK.

Last edited:
it should be part react and part lunarlon

Yeah. So to clarify, I thought it was

OG ZF, ZF SP, ZF SP Fast, ZF SP Gyakusou have a lunarlon carrier, react core midsole

ZF Flyknit has a full react midsole

Can anyone who has the Gyakusou pair say whether it feels like react or lumarlon? If it has react I slept on these...

that should be the case but to be honest, very few could even tell there was a react core on the ZF and it wasn't until some interview with the development team revealed it almost a year later after release

i honestly do not see the reason to change it now but i could definitely wrong

that should be the case but to be honest, very few could even tell there was a react core on the ZF and it wasn't until some interview with the development team revealed it almost a year later after release

i honestly do not see the reason to change it now but i could definitely wrong

For a price tag of $190, I got the impression one is paying an extra $40 premium over the regular zoom fly sp and the Off White zoom fly sp are only $170 retail. See my logic? ‍

its nike, you'll go crazy if you try to put logic into it

the epic react (flyknit) cost $150, odyssey react (no flyknit) cost $120 so that got a $30 price bump for the flyknit (or we would think)

but then they upgraded this years Vaporfly 4% with a flyknit upper and had no price increase

ZoomFly 2 has full react, carbon plate from the vaporfly and flyknit upper and only got a $10 increase

Vaporstreet is a thick slab of react with flyknit and a casual pair and it cost $180 (no cf plate)

For a price tag of $190, I got the impression one is paying an extra $40 premium over the regular zoom fly sp and the Off White zoom fly sp are only $170 retail. See my logic? ‍

Speaking of Off-White Zoom Fly...Anyone ever run in a pair of these? I might get the upcoming black pair to run in.

Due to how absurdly hyped they've become, obtaining OW is too hard to come across @ retail unless you somehow convince yourself to pay resell for them. Even then, I'd rather pay $600 for a flyprint than an OW ZF.

Really loved the OW ZF from the Ten pack that dropped back in Nov.

Last edited:
Finally a ZFfk cw that piques my interest!
86B0422A-0C3F-4AB6-A4A2-71C270C5B4B6.jpeg

Last edited:
B3C1759A-3BE6-4041-B8C5-B974A535BCDE.jpeg
12.5 from NDC arrived, 13 from DSG hasn’t shipped yet.

Black box and congratulatory letter was cute :lol:

Quality control must have tested my pair personally. Either that or this shoe will deteriorate very fast; surprised at the chipped sole straight out of the box.

Hurricane Michael rains in the forecast for the next few days, so won’t be able to give them a test run until the weekend.

I've worn mine for about 15 miles to train in and then ran a half marathon - the wear is MUCH better than the original version.

And as someone else said, like the originals, they make a suction noise on hard surfaces and in the wet.

After my first run in a VF, my calves felt it much more than normal. Granted, I was recovering still from a rather hilly run a few days prior, so maybe that's it. But in general, do you guys find the VFs to be harder on the calves?

Back
Top Bottom