Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Ya I'm hoping they follow the same route the ZoomFlys did, and I hope they do so soon because I'm almost in need of some new gym shoes

ZF & Gym Shoes? I dont know man...

Plenty of better options for a gym shoe than using a zoom fly. Still using my metcon 2’s and they’re working quite fine.

I’d never use the zoom flys at the gym. Too unstable
They are perfectly fine for the gym as long as he isn’t using them for leg day or standing pressing exercises. Chest, bi, tri, and some shoulders exercises they’d be perfectly fine.

EB4C4DF7-CE07-4B23-9D1D-AAD174D4A0AD.jpeg

They are perfectly fine for the gym as long as he isn’t using them for leg day or standing pressing exercises. Chest, bi, tri, and some shoulders exercises they’d be perfectly fine.

I dunno, they perfectly fine if you are only running at the gym, but if you doing any weights or core work then you should definitely try out some metcons. Buy from NDC , try em for a week or two and if you don't like em just return them.

I think his bank account says other wise. London and Berlin pay athletes massively larger amounts of money just to compete at their matathons compared to the other 4 majors let alone other marathons.

Who says he has to run a major? If he does another Breaking 2 event he'll get paid more than all 4 of the majors combined.

And you're also making the false assumption that he cares about money. He's already one of the richest men in Kenya, yet he lives in a shack so he can focus on devoting his life to training. Kipchoge is driven by a higher purpose. He's made it his life's mission to break down barriers and push the limits of human capabilities. How would that be accomplished by running London? He'll do something more special than that...

Who says he has to run a major? If he does another Breaking 2 event he'll get paid more than all 4 of the majors combined.

And you're also making the false assumption that he cares about money. He's already one of the richest men in Kenya, yet he lives in a shack so he can focus on devoting his life to training. Kipchoge is driven by a higher purpose. He's made it his life's mission to break down barriers and push the limits of human capabilities. How would that be accomplished by running London? He'll do something more special than that...
I think his training camp is modest from pics we've seen. But not exactly shack level. Also, I don't think the home where his wife and kids live is a shack. So I do think there's something to him running the races that pay the most. I think he'll do Boston or NY when he feels financially secure.

I do all lower lifts (squats/deads) barefoot so shoes really don't matter, loved the zf1 for the gym and running, want to feel the react in the ZFFKs

I think his training camp is modest from pics we've seen. But not exactly shack level. Also, I don't think the home where his wife and kids live is a shack. So I do think there's something to him running the races that pay the most. I think he'll do Boston or NY when he feels financially secure.

Why would the fastest guy want to run on difficult courses? He will he desperate to lower his own WR, and London is the fastest major in spring and Berlin is the fastest major period. And of course money matters, pro runners on average retire when they less than 40. They need to bank alot of what they earn to be able to have a good life post career.

And if he wins in London next year he will be the first man to have won it 4 times.

Attachments

• 20181201_075322.jpg
    20181201_075322.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 13
He’s already run 2:00:25 in a breaking 2 style event. Running under 2hrs in a regular race would be the ultimate achievement. Even sub 2:01 would be amazing. What happens if he does run sub2 in another breaking to style event? The critics will say yeah, well it was a private exclusive event, it will never happen in a regular race. So it’s gonna have an asterisk next to it, same as Breaking2.

I personally hope he continues going after it in regular events like London and Berlin.

He’s already run 2:00:25 in a breaking 2 style event. Running under 2hrs in a regular race would be the ultimate achievement. Even sub 2:01 would be amazing. What happens if he does run sub2 in another breaking to style event? The critics will say yeah, well it was a private exclusive event, it will never happen in a regular race. So it’s gonna have an asterisk next to it, same as Breaking2.

I personally hope he continues going after it in regular events like London and Berlin.
Plus he’ll probably have a go at defending his gold medal in 2020.

Rio and London - both were circuit courses. Beijing and Athens - both were point to point courses. This looks to be a loop course in Tokyo. I like that it starts and finishes in the track. Also that hill looks nasty on the profile but it appears to only be 30m high (98 feet) and is spread out across about 4km. I don’t think it will be that bad. If Kiochoge runs, he’ll prob just jog 5 minutes per mile for the first 30km and then drop the hammer for the rest of the race like he did in Rio.

Why would the fastest guy want to run on difficult courses? He will he desperate to lower his own WR, and London is the fastest major in spring and Berlin is the fastest major period. And of course money matters, pro runners on average retire when they less than 40. They need to bank alot of what they earn to be able to have a good life post career.

And if he wins in London next year he will be the first man to have won it 4 times.
I'm not sure we disagree. I was simply stating that he does care about the money and records. That the shack/ running monk image is a bit overblown. So it's unlikely he'll run Boston or NY soon.

I thought that pair was grey/pure platinum, red and black for the longest until I saw them in person and its blue. Might be time for an eye exam :nerd::lol:

I thought that pair was grey/pure platinum, red and black for the longest until I saw them in person and its blue. Might be time for an eye exam :nerd::lol:
Yup same. I learned after a week of running in them. It's still dark out during my morning run and so I never noticed. They went straight to feet the morning after I got them.

The new crimson and blue CWs of the ZF FK are up on Road Runner Sports with a note indicating they'll ship on 1/8

Back
Top Bottom