Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Really curious to try it out. I like the SP's upper a lot, though I'm not sure yet if I like it more than Flyknit for comfort and lockdown.

I hear this and can't help but think I never heard of anyone complaining about the comfort or lockdown feel of the VF before the FK version.

It's like buying a race car and wanting a/c & power windows. I'll take the stripped down, purpose built, maximum performance machine. If it's slightly less comfortable but lighter and better from an overall performance perspective, I'll take that all day.

I hear this and can't help but think I never heard of anyone complaining about the comfort or lockdown feel of the VF before the FK version.

It's like buying a race car and wanting a/c & power windows. I'll take the stripped down, purpose built, maximum performance machine. If it's slightly less comfortable but lighter and better from an overall performance perspective, I'll take that all day.

I'm in your camp. The upper is actually the thing I'm most excited about.

I think the closest flyknit running shoe to the VF FK that I've used outside of the zoom fly was the streak 6 FK and I wasn't a fan of that upper either. Regarding the VF, for a while I was flip-flopping on which upper I liked more but at this point I'm firmly in the v1 upper being better. For me there's a super, supper narrow range in terms of tightness where things work perfectly with the FKs. Any looser and I get heel slippage (and since my sock of choice is elite lightweights, this also results in the shoe chewing through socks like nobody's business), and any tighter and it starts to feel like I'm restricting blood flow on my longer runs. The FKs are definitely more comfy, but during races or hard workouts I'm in enough discomfort that whether the upper on my shoes are comfortable never really crosses my mind lol

Screenshot_20190424-211516.png
Screenshot_20190424-211532.png

To be clear, I haven’t had the pleasure of running in the VFs yet, so no comment there. I was only comparing FK to what I presume is the closest analogue to Vaporweave, that being the stretch weave on the SP. Between the ZF SP and the ZF FK, I much prefer the FK myself — I feel it wraps my foot way better and therefore makes me more confident when I’m running, which right now is more important to me than top speed. I’m also nowhere near fast enough to consider weights differences of FK vs any kind of woven mesh as a mitigator of my performance. ;D

yah i think imma hold out til the black pair but as usual if i go on my phone and my size is available then all logic goes out the window :lol:

I wouldn’t assume the black pair will release to the public. Remember the white VF CW that was first seen in the Boston Marathon a few years ago never released.

yeah, I don't really think that black/white colorway is supposed to be released to the public. there should be a white/black colorway, though

What are the odds I’m running a marathon the same time these release? Would have to run a sub 2:30 to stand a chance lol. Hopefully someone can hold me down on these. Really want to wear them in Chicago for October.

What are the odds I’m running a marathon the same time these release? Would have to run a sub 2:30 to stand a chance lol. Hopefully someone can hold me down on these. Really want to wear them in Chicago for October.

Run with your phone and order them mid race. That would be a sign of a true sneaker head! Haha

Same boat as you, I’ll be running Big Sur during the release. Giving a friend my credit card and Nike Account password to try to get them for me!

Interesting video...decisions decisions.

$275 though. I haven’t paid dumb 99 (+$250) for some shoes since high school. Might wait until I accumulate some NDC gift cards to purchase like I did for the Crimson 4%. Not to mention they’re still in pretty good shape.

Back
Top Bottom