Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Man, I guess I’ll never understand it but crazy at the people placing $500+ bids on StockX for these.

there are some things people have to have, no matter the price it seems.

If there’s one thing Nike has mastered is the hype train/marketing. Everything from fake sellouts to early releases with low inventory. As with most things, a little patience pays off...but I know the itch of wanting to be in the first batch of a release product.

Side note, I still hope that all black color drops.

I had mentioned I was running a marathon today so wasn’t able to try unfortunately.

I finish the race to a bunch of texts from frustrated friends who couldn’t get passed the error messages.

Also notice an order confirmed notification. My wife - who isn’t the most saavy when it comes to things like this - was able to check out on her phone using my login info.

I wondered how could it be that at least 7 people told me they were on the app and unable to checkout but my wife was able to get my size :smile:

Basically what I found out which may or may not be true... if your runs are synced with Nike Run App you got a small headstart. The notification within the app was instant. Whereas if you didn’t sync your runs it was delayed 1-3 minutes.

Can anyone confirm this?

Reminded of the VaporFly Elite release. At least the NYC one. NY Runner’s who used NRC were able to reserve the NYC elites (numbered out of 100) for pickup a day before the marathon in 2017.

Still holding up.

9717F640-6715-470D-A816-1EFCE0099297.jpeg

I had mentioned I was running a marathon today so wasn’t able to try unfortunately.

I finish the race to a bunch of texts from frustrated friends who couldn’t get passed the error messages.

Also notice an order confirmed notification. My wife - who isn’t the most saavy when it comes to things like this - was able to check out on her phone using my login info.

I wondered how could it be that at least 7 people told me they were on the app and unable to checkout but my wife was able to get my size :smile:

Basically what I found out which may or may not be true... if your runs are synced with Nike Run App you got a small headstart. The notification within the app was instant. Whereas if you didn’t sync your runs it was delayed 1-3 minutes.

Can anyone confirm this?

Reminded of the VaporFly Elite release. At least the NYC one. NY Runner’s who used NRC were able to reserve the NYC elites (numbered out of 100) for pickup a day before the marathon in 2017.

I checked out at 9:53 am EDT and received order confirmation well before 10am. Had I waited until 10 wouldn’t have gotten anything it appears. I just happened to be playing around in the app and saw the shoes and went for it. I was surprised it went through.

I had to exit out of the app and clear it on my phone about 5 times before they showed up. Once they showed up at about 10:04 it was showing a fsr. Most likely already sold out though.

Last edited:

Can anyone confirm this?

Bless your wife’s heart ❤️
She’s the real MVP for securing you a pair!

Not a even a fair comparison...even the elites can't compare to Kipchoge...

2nd...pace yourself...Kipchoge didn't turn it on until about 20-21....but HIS turn it on is some other ****....

It's a marathon...don't dump the tank trying to keep up....run your race and see what's possible

This release was maddening. I literally hit "pay" 3 seconds after 7:00am PST and I received an error message that it was sold out. A buddy of mine had the same experience, as did many people here apparently.

I don't think this was "bots" or re-sellers. I think NIKE released 2 pairs of shoes for every size.

Another highly limited release to create hype and demand. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom