Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Another new ZF3 cw via IG

914945AB-A739-48ED-B0C1-9B2F16B16941.jpeg

The next 360deg view page that’s queued up on running warehouse is entitled “Hakone”, there are no images ready in the page though. Here’s the URL:

My guess is that the Jan 2 release is the Ekiden CW that we’ve seen. I hope I’m wrong cuz I’d like to grab the Sail CW, but my $$ is on it being the Ekiden CW on that day

The next 360deg view page that’s queued up on running warehouse is entitled “Hakone”, there are no images ready in the page though. Here’s the URL:

My guess is that the Jan 2 release is the Ekiden CW that we’ve seen. I hope I’m wrong cuz I’d like to grab the Sail CW, but my $$ is on it being the Ekiden CW on that day
I think you’re right. This is from Sneaker Freaker covering the reveal of the VF Next Ekiden.
DDB29832-424E-4301-AB0D-43C9E17C4F7E.jpeg

I think you’re right :/. As much as I like the Ekiden cw, I’d be much rather purchase the Sails.

It’s pretty interesting that DSG would have the Ekidens though, no?!

Last edited:

Per Nike, the Ekiden Zoom Pack will be released on January 2 globally

great deal on those, if i saw it at that price i might have doubled up

ndc got a 20% off extra with the code GOBIG

ZFs go for about ~$101

1577040159104.jpeg

1577040246204.jpeg

1577040306403.jpeg

the vaporfly has got to be the running shoes of the decade

i dont think any other shoe has had as much of an impact and pretty much changed the game and no ther shoes every other brands has tried to copy

the flyknit racer/trainers started to put nike on the map again to be considered as a serious contender in the running shoe game but vaporfly forced everyone else to give them respect

honorable mention to the ultraboosts but its not even great for running, the solars and adios beats it by a mile, still the boost sole is an amazing midsole even though react has made it better and lighter

The VF is truly the game changer of the decade in running performance.

Speaking of the VFs, DSG updated the 1/2/20 VF with an image

CC19E7C8-DA90-4FCB-9D1E-562D2D9E8779.jpeg

My reaction...
5FE6AA90-F9A2-4D06-B2AE-0250BA8D7D11.jpeg

Why couldn’t they be the Sails!?! Will they even launch in the US?

The VF is truly the game changer of the decade in running performance.

Speaking of the VFs, DSG updated the 1/2/20 VF with an image

CC19E7C8-DA90-4FCB-9D1E-562D2D9E8779.jpeg

My reaction...
5FE6AA90-F9A2-4D06-B2AE-0250BA8D7D11.jpeg

Why couldn’t they be the Sails!?! Will they even launch in the US?

I just need the sails. Are we asking for too much?

What would be the side effects to running in Vaporfly’s too often?

Last edited:
Some people have said they think carbon fibre plated shoes contribute to plantar fasciitis. I think there was one small study that points to that but I'm not really sure honestly.

For what its worth, plenty of people in this thread have said they exclusively use vaporflys for everything and have said they have no problems. But everyone is different and training regimen really affects how you get injured.

I ran in the Zoom Fly Flyknit which has a CF plate for a year and mixed it in with the Peg Turbo 1 and started getting plantar fasciitis symptoms. At first I thought it was the Zoom Fly Flyknit but when my Peg Turbo delaminated and I sent it back and got a Zoom Fly 3 and used that almost exclusively I didn't really have the problems anymore.

TL;DR probably nothing and it does really help with recovery.

Some people have said they think carbon fibre plated shoes contribute to plantar fasciitis. I think there was one small study that points to that but I'm not really sure honestly.

For what its worth, plenty of people in this thread have said they exclusively use vaporflys for everything and have said they have no problems. But everyone is different and training regimen really affects how you get injured.

I ran in the Zoom Fly Flyknit which has a CF plate for a year and mixed it in with the Peg Turbo 1 and started getting plantar fasciitis symptoms. At first I thought it was the Zoom Fly Flyknit but when my Peg Turbo delaminated and I sent it back and got a Zoom Fly 3 and used that almost exclusively I didn't really have the problems anymore.

TL;DR probably nothing and it does really help with recovery.
During marathon training last fall I had to pull out during the taper because of sudden problems with plantar, pes anserinus, hip flexion, etc. Compared to the previous training block, my overall mileage increased about 10% and I did a bit more weekly speed work and strength training but reduced my long run pace. However, I also ran in Vaporfly’s more often. Training overload is probably the cause but I wonder if I also over did it by training too much in the Vaporfly’s.

Last edited:
Vaporfly Next% trending on Twitter earlier

EDIT:

659F4256-B0FA-4758-967A-B3A4D4D91A6F.jpeg

BLOOMBERG - Athletes opt for Nike’s super shoe

The overwhelming majority of this year’s contestants -- more than 84% -- ran wearing Nike’s Vaporfly Next% sneakers, according to statistics compiled by Ekiden News and shared by Bunshun Online. That included the winning team from Tokyo’s Aoyama Gakuin University, serial victors of the event who until this year were known for opting for Adidas sneakers.
By comparison, support for Asics collapsed, the report said, with the number of runners choosing the Japanese shoemaker’s sneakers plummeting to 7 from 51 a year earlier. Runners opting for Mizuno sneakers also fell from 24 in 2019 to just 9 this year.

EDIT 2:

lol I had to look it up. Winning team wore Nike Vaporfly Next% ....

7B3FA775-5433-4274-A0EE-0A45B07A06DF.jpeg

... contractually obligated to wear Adidas post race winning photo:

B18D7590-F0BE-4C34-9901-BFD3F290EC3F.jpeg

Last edited:
For me over use of the plate caused Plantar....

my issue was I was mixing my footwear (4% Next% ZoomFly and ZoomFly 2 ZoomFly 3) for different runs but all those shoes have plates....

I reintroduced Lunarepics Peg Turbo and Vaporstreets.... and saved plate shoes to hard\fast runs and long runs....and my symptoms went away

might have just been a coincidence but I read here that someone else had started to develop symptoms and honestly I never thought it was my shoes just running everyday....I switch up my rotation and I’ve been good

Vaporfly Next% trending on Twitter earlier

EDIT:

659F4256-B0FA-4758-967A-B3A4D4D91A6F.jpeg

BLOOMBERG - Athletes opt for Nike’s super shoe

The overwhelming majority of this year’s contestants -- more than 84% -- ran wearing Nike’s Vaporfly Next% sneakers, according to statistics compiled by Ekiden News and shared by Bunshun Online. That included the winning team from Tokyo’s Aoyama Gakuin University, serial victors of the event who until this year were known for opting for Adidas sneakers.
By comparison, support for Asics collapsed, the report said, with the number of runners choosing the Japanese shoemaker’s sneakers plummeting to 7 from 51 a year earlier. Runners opting for Mizuno sneakers also fell from 24 in 2019 to just 9 this year.

EDIT 2:

lol I had to look it up. Winning team wore Nike Vaporfly Next% ....

7B3FA775-5433-4274-A0EE-0A45B07A06DF.jpeg

... contractually obligated to wear Adidas post race winning photo:

B18D7590-F0BE-4C34-9901-BFD3F290EC3F.jpeg
E6CA067D-9883-4B15-8E04-3D171DE37C8E.jpeg

From Nike's Q2 December earnings investors call...

"Running continues to create tremendous energy with consumers across both performance and lifestyle. At Nike, we leverage innovation to help athletes perform better while catalyzing energy and growth in running-inspired Sportswear styles. That starts with serving the widest range of runners, and over the past two years, we've introduced several performance innovation platforms into the running category including React, Vaporfly 4%, NEXT% and Joyride.

Vaporfly 4% and NEXT% continue to transform the sport, taking over the fields in marathons around the world, including this quarters sub-two-hour marathon from Eliud Kipchoge in Vienna and Brigid Kosgei’s women's
marathon world record in Chicago. While Joyride and React continue to fuel the everyday runner, early next year, we'll keep the cadence of new platforms going. In January, we'll start with the Nike React Infinity Run which blends responsiveness and comfort for both efficiency and impact reduction. And for Tokyo 2020, we'll introduce a new Zoom Air Running platform that'll scale across both performance and lifestyle."

Back
Top Bottom