Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

steal from the outlets, not the same as the VF steal but these ZFs cool too

I guess I got a sample pair though, I believe the colorways on Eastbay?

vf.JPG

vf receipt.JPG

Last edited:

vf.JPG

vf receipt.JPG

Wow!! Come up!! Wish I saw these at the outlet I went to today

vf.JPG

vf receipt.JPG

Nice! I’d rather have that cw than the ones with the Dark Grey topline.

So I grabbed the 4% over the weekend and I'm super siked to take them for a test spin...for my runners out there...did you guys remove the insoles? I have custom orthotic insoles that generally run in...but these appear to be glued in...also i wonder if my insoles would throw off the shoes by adding weight...

So I grabbed the 4% over the weekend and I'm super siked to take them for a test spin...for my runners out there...did you guys remove the insoles? I have custom orthotic insoles that generally run in...but these appear to be glued in...also i wonder if my insoles would throw off the shoes by adding weight...
Unfortunately, the insole isn't removable. It's more than just glued in, it may be sewn in..

Can anyone share thoughts on the ZF SP NYC and the Shanghai? I'm looking to pick up one of these two. Not sure I love the color of the upper on the Shanghai and I usually don't like shoes with a black midsole but the upper on the NYC is nice.

I'd appreciate comments from anyone who has seen both pairs.

Thanks

Can anyone share thoughts on the ZF SP NYC and the Shanghai? I'm looking to pick up one of these two. Not sure I love the color of the upper on the Shanghai and I usually don't like shoes with a black midsole but the upper on the NYC is nice.

Thanks
I have the NYCs and quite like the look and the details, which are a bit different from the other SP models with the NYC and heel text and the colored midsole. The black midsole works for me because the upper is light.

Thanks

I prefer the shanghais of the two.

Just put your orthotic on top of the insole, that's what I did for mine. If you do try to take the insole out it's going to tough as the have sewn it on and used some really hard glue on it.

Just put your orthotic on top of the insole, that's what I did for mine. If you do try to take the insole out it's going to tough as the have sewn it on and used some really hard glue on it.
Thanks...Yea I spoke to a Nike Trainer earlier and they also said since its a "Race Day" shoe...the soles are not designed to be removed....

Did you take a ride in them with the soles....and then with the orthotics over the soles? What was the difference?
Ive never ran in essentially a double soled sneaker so Im very curious how the ride would be....

Im going to take them for a spin tomorrow with the sewn in sole and see how they feel....Nike says if you dont like you can return them in 60 days no questions asked.....

is it going to have an early 2019 release?

:rofl:

bright crimson still hasn't officially released

Thanks...Yea I spoke to a Nike Trainer earlier and they also said since its a "Race Day" shoe...the soles are not designed to be removed....

Did you take a ride in them with the soles....and then with the orthotics over the soles? What was the difference?
Ive never ran in essentially a double soled sneaker so Im very curious how the ride would be....

Im going to take them for a spin tomorrow with the sewn in sole and see how they feel....Nike says if you dont like you can return them in 60 days no questions asked.....

I also tried removing the 4% sole due to left foot arch discomfort. Sewn in tight. I slipped in a Nike Free sole and ran on it. No more arch discomfort, however felt even more elevated, though could still feel the ZoomX. Just didn't feel right. On that day, I actually sold it used for $300. Now, I'm buying it again for the 3rd time to try with thinner soles.

Back
Top Bottom