Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Woah. That’s pretty significant. I think going 1/2 down is good idea for me. Also we have to consider that the VSFs don’t have padding. Repped.

I also noticed that the LE is a half size “larger” numerically. What’s your true size?

VSF has slight padding, the ankle collar part has a little cushion on the sides

not as thick or padded but there's a some slight padding in there

Woah. That’s pretty significant. I think going 1/2 down is good idea for me. Also we have to consider that the VSFs don’t have padding. Repped.

I also noticed that the LE is a half size “larger” numerically. What’s your true size?

I'd get your racer size for the streets.

i love Adidas' Superlite socks, i know it's forbidden to mix and match but there's just no alternative on Nikes side for casual socks

as for performance, Nikes elites are pretty good but the best out of all are Asics, they are dirt cheap at the outlets too and their thinner QuickLyte socks doesn't usually have visible logos so you can rock 'em with any brands :lol:

kind of misleading with the pics because the LEs rear goes back further than the VSFs

but it does look like you could size down half on the VSFs, flyknits pliable enough that it shouldn't be too tight

I see what you mean... However, if you line them up at their upper heels (not midsoles), the VSFs are significantly longer still. I think going down a whole size would be okay too...

Any other comparison pics or sizing opinions?

New to the vapor street thread, read reviews saying go TTS and .5 size up for wide feet. Would deeply appreciate to get any more clarification upon wide feet sizing before buying.

i love Adidas' Superlite socks, i know it's forbidden to mix and match but there's just no alternative on Nikes side for casual socks

I always do the "forbidden" mix-n-match :tongue:. What can I say, Adidas tiro pants has perfect cut to wear low-top shows. Besides, they are cheaper than tech fleece. Most of TF or Nike jogger pants that I ever tried on, they all are always too tight on the calf area.

Has anyone seen these "sole swaps" by a company called 'Govrn'? Apparently for $65 you can send them 2 pair of shoes and they'll swap the upper/sole. I am curious about the quality though. Could you imagine if the upper became unglued during a race?!? :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/govrn_/

upload_2018-3-13_11-28-0.png

^^ Yeah, already posted on pg 150

Ahh, sorry for the oversight. It looks like there wasn't much discussion about it though. Maybe people aren't that interested? I find the idea fascinating and wonder how the shoes would hold up in training/racing.

probably the same stores that got the blacks and reds, those didn't show up right away until the release day

Spoke with store today and they claimed Zoom Fly getting carbon plate and react sole with a price increase, as well as some other interesting products. Didn’t have timetable but did claim more vapor fly 4% were in the pipeline, however no word on when or colors. Being a specialty drop, no warning on when they would arrive.

Has anyone seen these "sole swaps" by a company called 'Govrn'? Apparently for $65 you can send them 2 pair of shoes and they'll swap the upper/sole. I am curious about the quality though. Could you imagine if the upper became unglued during a race?!? :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/govrn_/

upload_2018-3-13_11-28-0.png

I had several pairs swapped, and the quality is very good. I've only been wearing them for casual wear though...

Spoke with store today and they claimed Zoom Fly getting carbon plate and react sole with a price increase, as well as some other interesting products. Didn’t have timetable but did claim more vapor fly 4% were in the pipeline, however no word on when or colors. Being a specialty drop, no warning on when they would arrive.

Ooooh! :nerd: When did the ZFs initially drop again?

I think the best bet for sizing on the VSFs is get my true size and a 1/2 down (if Nike allows you to purchase two pairs) then keep the ones that fits better.

i honestly do not suggest going down a size on the VSF unless other here could attest to it unless you could go sockless with them or your feet is just super narrow

i could be wrong but I am not sure many here are sizing down but they do feel like tts is the smallest i'd go

it's a casual shoe so i feel like it is best to be slightly on the looser side than tight but that's a personal preference i guess, some prefers their casual pairs to fit closer

Back
Top Bottom