Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

yah they kept the colorways very limited and even those that released stock was very small as well

i was hoping at least for a black and white colorway

large_2x.jpg
large_2xx.jpg
large_2xxx.jpg
large_2xxxx.jpg
large_2xxxxx.jpg

saw these as well while in Hawaii at the FTL on Waikiki. should be women's pair

White liner just does not work on the SP, IMO

On the other hand, Lapstone hammer is having 30% on select style with JULY4 code. Works on Vapor Street
vs_lh.jpg

has the other colorways hit that sale price?

lowest i've seen is maybe $120... $115?

My take on running in the Vapor Street:
It feels very fast but starts to feel a bit sloppy running under 5:00/mi. I find it ideal for paces around 5:00-6:50 on flat surfaces with no sharp turns. It makes concrete feel like a bouncy rubber track. The downside for me is the minimal support (although it is more supportive than any flyknit shoe I've tried). I prefer the VS over the ZF and elite 9 as it's lighter than both. It's basically the Hoka Mach/Clayton, but better in every way imo.

Given the ZF2 will have full react (and with the plate obviously), I don't think many people would choose the VS over ZF2. My theory is that the VS was marketed as casual because it would be confused with the ZF2 when it comes out.

Last edited:
Good to see Bernard legat and Kip still running.
Maybe I'm missing it, but isn't Kip the same person as Bernard Kipchirchir Lagat?

Genuinely curious, as there are so many "Kip" runners, I initially thought getz_racer was talking about Kipchoge.

Maybe I'm missing it, but isn't Kip the same person as Bernard Kipchirchir Lagat?

Genuinely curious, as there are so many "Kip" runners, I initially thought getz_racer was talking about Kipchoge.

My mistake meant to just say Bernard lagat,

Thier are bunch of Kenyan runners that go by kip.

Haha, yeah Kip is his nickname, Bernard “Kip” Lagat. He wore those same VF4% Flyknit upper hybrids at the world half

Last edited:
My take on running in the Vapor Street:
It feels very fast but starts to feel a bit sloppy running under 5:00/mi. I find it ideal for paces around 5:00-6:50 on flat surfaces with no sharp turns. It makes concrete feel like a bouncy rubber track. The downside for me is the minimal support (although it is more supportive than any flyknit shoe I've tried). I prefer the VS over the ZF and elite 9 as it's lighter than both. It's basically the Hoka Mach/Clayton, but better in every way imo.

Given the ZF2 will have full react (and with the plate obviously), I don't think many people would choose the VS over ZF2. My theory is that the VS was marketed as casual because it would be confused with the ZF2 when it comes out.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess Im not crazy to run with VS :D.

got my Zoom Fly's in the mail today... really wish I had went up half a size to an 11, these fit sooooo tight.

Back
Top Bottom