Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I placed some orders at eastbay before. But I can't place an order now because eastbay were unable to process my credit card.
Do you guys have the same problem placing new order? Thanks.

Nope. Suburb of Chicago. Only thing I can think is they had some spots near me that have them because of the Chicago Marathon. And Nike is using HUBS to ship out fast.

I believe Nike has a new warehouse in Indiana. I’ve been getting my purchases from NDC extremely fast lately.

Er, I just realized whenever I edited a post and played around with the wording, some of you were notified, again, and again, etc. Sorry about that.

I ordered 2 pairs yesterday : 1 from Running Warehouse which Fed Ex is delivering today. the second from NDC, selected overnight shipping. Nike sent an email last night saying 'your order has shipped', but when i hit the 'track package' button, it goes to 'sorry we have no info, etc. please check courier website'...which i can't do because there's no tracking # ?? WTF?

just call/chat with them

i ordered a 9.5 and cancelled to re-order a 10 but apprently they only send a request to cancel to the warehouse and i guess they didn't caught it because both shipped

just call/chat with them

i ordered a 9.5 and cancelled to re-order a 10 but apprently they only send a request to cancel to the warehouse and i guess they didn't caught it because both shipped
im chatting with them now. they give me a tracking # that doesn't exist...then go on to say : 'oh the courier is having a problem with the delivery because of incorrect address' . umm it's the same address i've had all my Nike orders delivered to for like 8 years!

well problem solved, the delivery just showed up. Wasn't even DHL (which Nike said it was) so that would explain the tracking # not being available in DHL database

Currently wearing the ZF Flyknit for a week in Rome and Florence. Comfort so far is great. If I can find a treadmill over there I’ll put some miles on them.

Currently wearing the ZF Flyknit for a week in Rome and Florence. Comfort so far is great. If I can find a treadmill over there I’ll put some miles on them.
You’re missing a great opportunity to run in the city, especially Florence. I would recommend starting in the outskirts and taking a run over the bridge and around the city. These shoes also built for the outdoors. The carbon plate has a ton of pop in my experiences.

Any reason you’re running on a treadmill?

6D413DC8-870C-423E-824E-A4D17CDF8912.jpeg

My Flyknit fam

Excuse me, just cleaning up my drool over here.

You’re missing a great opportunity to run in the city, especially Florence. I would recommend starting in the outskirts and taking a run over the bridge and around the city. These shoes also built for the outdoors. The carbon plate has a ton of pop in my experiences.

Any reason you’re running on a treadmill?
Nothing better than running in a new place especially one as beautiful as Rome and Florence.

Carb load at these two spots.

https://yelp.to/qTKq/tWDwiXjhMQ

https://www.yelp.com/biz/da-francesco-roma?uid=6JAzJ7QpRbnFNUhb89Kz-Q&utm_source=ishare

My TTS is 11.5. I've purchased and tested BOTH sizes 11.5 and 12 in all of the below. Below is what I kept.

Socks do matter a lot. If it feels tight, try wearing thinner socks. If it feels loose, wear thicker socks. Decide based on the type of sock you typically wear. I've tried to specify which type of socks I can or cannot wear depending on the shoe, just in case you only have thin socks or just thick socks.

I'm of the school that more information is better when deciding to spend $ so here we go...

Casual:
  1. Vapor Street = 11.5 - any socks
  2. Epic React = 11.5 - thin socks only (tried 12 but too lose regardless of thin or thick socks)
Running (avg 120 miles per month):

Nike Elite Lightweight Running Socks = Lightweight
Nike Elite Cushioned Running Socks = Cushioned

1. Vaporfly 4% = 11 (returned the 11.5, felt unstable) - 11 Lightweight only; 11.5 would have to be worn with Cushioned for me
  2. Pegasus 35 = 11.5 - Lightweight or Cushioned
  3. Pegasus Turbo = 11.5 - Lightweight or Cushioned
  4. Zoom Fly = 11.5 - Cushioned (the Lightweights leave a little too much around the toe)
  5. Zoom Fly SP = 12 - Lightweight (for longer runs to accommodate foot swelling) or Cushioned (tighter fit for shorter runs)
  6. Zoom Fly Flyknit = 12 (feels tight, not sure whether to go 12.5*) - Lightweight only
  7. Vaporfly 4% Flyknit = 12 (feels tight, not sure whether to go 12.5*) - Lightweight only

* I'm hoping the Flyknit breaks in and loosens up

TL;DR Nike has inconsistent sizing, for whatever scientific reason, depending on the shoe. Try on at least 2 sizes (TTS and one up, or down). Makes it difficult ordering online. Thickness of socks matter a lot, so size on the type of socks you're most likely going to wear with the shoe. Every foot is different.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom