Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

wifey is looking for some next %s in size 8

these are starting to become harder and harder to find.. anyone got any ideas?

Hitting my first half marathon in a month. Been training for months and looking to purchase a pair of next %s. How has everyone’s experience been with the shoe in regards to performance and sizing? Also any leads where to purchase the neon pair?? All I see is pink.

It’s unfortunate, but I think they’ll be fine. If Zion’s shoe can blow out and not hurt their brand, I doubt this will do anything.

that chicks issue would not make a dent to nike but if it happens to any of the 3 US olympians, kipchoge, mo, etc... all those hating on nike right nows is gon’ have a field day

that chicks issue would not make a dent to nike but if it happens to any of the 3 US olympians, kipchoge, mo, etc... all those hating on nike right nows is gon’ have a field day
Agreed. The haters are out waiting for those top guys to fail.

Being realistic about it... it's not like Nike gives a damn about what its haters think, and they still lead the market on elite running shoes. So... even if a shoe fails here and there, it won't do a thing to them.

if it causes any of the elites a gold medal, its a different story

media is gon' eat them up and i dont think they can afford to get the shoes that changed the game and forced the hand to set new rules only to fail

im pretty sure its gon' affect their sale in the running genre, its also something nike cant afford with how much money they are losing because of the virus

If this didn't torpedo Nike Running's program back in 2015, nothing much will at this point.

rtx1soky.jpg

the insole coming off and till winning isnt saying much

it didnt cost him the first place, it wasnt in the biggest stage of all and it isnt the shoe that changed the rules

people werent hating on nike as much yet and calling them cheaters and calling for a ban with those

Non-VF/AF related... but since there isn’t really a running thread, I thought I’d post here because most posters here are in it for the sport.

During my tempo/training runs, it can average in the high 170-80s. I tried out a lowHR run on Thursday for the first time and rested myself for Fri and Sat. After raceday (Sunday), I noticed my HR was lower than I expected it to be (161 average). It bumped up my VO2 two points on garmin at 60. Maybe lowHR training might be beneficial for my system? It may be the extra rest? Whatever it is... I’m now learning rest is essential to making gains.

the insole coming off and till winning isnt saying much

it didnt cost him the first place, it wasnt in the biggest stage of all and it isnt the shoe that changed the rules

people werent hating on nike as much yet and calling them cheaters and calling for a ban with those

Back in 2015 Nike was improving on but still fighting the stigma of being a laughable contender in the running shoe game. This could have cemented that mentality.

nah, if people believe your trash and you perform as trash, not much is gon' change, you can get lower than rock bottom :lol: you can only go up

they are now on top, literally no one above them, the new rules could be called the NIKE RULE so the drop off is much steeper now, stakes are higher

imagine rupp/kipchoge leading the pack in the olympics to win his first gold medal and then the zoom bag pops and he is hobbled and cost him the gold, i dont think nike is going to go bankrupt but that is a pretty big deal, they might have to scrap the AFs and go back to improving the VFs

Non-VF/AF related... but since there isn’t really a running thread, I thought I’d post here because most posters here are in it for the sport.

During my tempo/training runs, it can average in the high 170-80s. I tried out a lowHR run on Thursday for the first time and rested myself for Fri and Sat. After raceday (Sunday), I noticed my HR was lower than I expected it to be (161 average). It bumped up my VO2 two points on garmin at 60. Maybe lowHR training might be beneficial for my system? It may be the extra rest? Whatever it is... I’m now learning rest is essential to making gains.

rest is always essential, do you run 7 days a week no matter what?

if you got time and no races anytime soon or you can sacrifice a bit of time, seems like a good time to try it out and if you run a lot then perhaps its faster to see results/improvement?

wifey is looking for some next %s in size 8

these are starting to become harder and harder to find.. anyone got any ideas?

And I expected people to unload HELLA on eBay with the AF launching.

rest is always essential, do you run 7 days a week no matter what?

if you got time and no races anytime soon or you can sacrifice a bit of time, seems like a good time to try it out and if you run a lot then perhaps its faster to see results/improvement?

The past several years, I never really ran races. Just ran for health and time improvement. I basically almost always run in the 170-180s HR zone. I really got (almost obsessed) into the distance, pace and numbers. Now, that I’ve gotten into racing, I’m learning that I have to schedule different types of runs/workouts and include a rest day or two.

setting a goal is key but you are off to a great start by averaging mid-6s/mile so i think changing it up a bit cant hurt oyu much and you can probably go back to it?

i dont know though and id ask more experienced runners here

I didn’t even know the AlphaFly were gonna sell out like that. I saw them joints at the Nike Grove store two weekends ago. They’re kinda wild looking.

Nike gave every Trials qualifier a pair of its new Alphafly this week in Atlanta. A nice gesture that potentially evens the playing field, but that also means the runners didn’t have any real time to test it out, and certainly couldn’t use it on a long run or hard effort. But, that didn’t stop 95 women and 53 men from trying their luck with the technology that helped Eliud Kipchoge break two hours last fall.

My AlphaFly's came in yesterday. I've posted a few things on my IG page, but overall, from a sizing standpoint, the 12.5 in the AlphaFly fits nearly identical to my TTS 13 in my Next%. With the added ZoomX and the air pod units, the shoe LOOKS much bulkier, but all in all, it's still super lightweight.

I am not training for anything, nor do I have any races coming up, so I don't plan on wearing these for a while (plus I have a brand new pair of Next%). I did mention in a post that from first impressions, the Next% seem to be more durable and may last longer (AlphaFly doesn't have as much or as grippy of rubber on the soles and the upper feels much more delicate than the Next%).

These are all first impressions, so take them with a grain of salt. A few pics below:
IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

thanks for sharing the pics

how pliable is the upper? i read somewhere on ig that its pretty tight and the opening doesn't stretch as much but she seemed convinced she can run in them without laces either

Back
Top Bottom