Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Just ordered a pair of the Mango AFs for $134.10 from Notre along with an Invincible for $98.10.

I’m tempted to scoop up more as donors for future projects lol
You should’ve grabbed the white/blue Tempo Next. With the 10% coupon they’re about $80. I think you could have a pretty decent trainer if you put a Peg 37 upper on the Tempo Next midsole.

[/COLOR]
You should’ve grabbed the white/blue Tempo Next. With the 10% coupon they’re about $80. I think you could have a pretty decent trainer if you put a Peg 37 upper on the Tempo Next midsole.

That’s a good deal! I think I’m done with the Tempo Next% unless the Miami/SB cw releases. I do have one more Tempo project though. The Tempo sole had to be purchased at retail though :/

Scooped a double of the AF. Considering a triple/quadruple on them lol

Last edited:
I ordered on 7/12/21 and received the "Started" email on 7/14/2021. However, I still haven't received the "Almost Finished" email for any of my five designs yet.

If there are more of the MC INVs on Notre come Black Friday...

These might be a plan...
Flyknit Racer X ZoomX Invincible - MC.jpg

I think they’d both work. The racer is such a minimal fly knight upper and breathable. I really don’t know how they messed up the invincible so much, IMO.

I think they’d both work. The racer is such a minimal fly knight upper and breathable. I really don’t know how they messed up the invincible so much, IMO.
ZoomX needs a ton of upper help when there isn't a carbon plate to stabilize things. The invincible upper feels great on feet for the most part IMO. It's just the overheating that gets me.

ZoomX needs a ton of upper help when there isn't a carbon plate to stabilize things. The invincible upper feels great on feet for the most part IMO. It's just the overheating that gets me.
Well put. With a tall slab of soft foam and no plate (or even real strobel), most of the stability needs to come from the upper (upper material, overlays) and heel counter. Widening the midsole/outsole platform helps, but if you just throw on a sock-like flyknit upper, good luck actually trying to run in it.

Thinking about a pair of Invincible’s just for casual wear from Norte. No men’s sizes available so was going to try a women’s. Appears the Women’s is lighter, the midsole is slightly less thick and I’m assuming it’s built around a more narrow foot. Am I missing anything else? Will I miss that ZoomX difference in the midsole?

Thinking about a pair of Invincible’s just for casual wear from Norte. No men’s sizes available so was going to try a women’s. Appears the Women’s is lighter, the midsole is slightly less thick and I’m assuming it’s built around a more narrow foot. Am I missing anything else? Will I miss that ZoomX difference in the midsole?
Other than width (Women's standard is B and Men's is D), I'm not sure there is much of an actual difference when you compare the equivalent sizes. The quoted weights and stack for the Women's is for a smaller size (Women's 8 = 8.92 oz., 34.2/25.8mm) vs. Men's (Men's 10 - 11.07 oz., 36.6/27.6mm). I bet a Women's 11 or 11.5 is about the same stats as the Men's 10.

H HK47 good point on what the differences would be but in relative to the shoe sizes. Such a common sense thing that I didn't even really think about!

Welp, I ended getting multiples of the AFs.

I'm not sure if I'll like Atomknit to keep at least one pair as is, but I've started to brainstorm ideas.

Free Flyknit 4.0 X AlphaFly - Mango.png

Free Flyknit 3.0 X AlphaFly - Crimson.jpg

VaporFly 2 X AlphaFly - Crimson Mango.jpg

Bonus: if/when I get multiple of the Gyakusous
Free Flyknit 3.0 X VAporFly Next% - Black Red.jpg

Free Flyknit X VaporFly Next% - Gykausou BRed.jpg
Second one, the Free 3.0s is the nicest. Shame a lot of Nike's designs have gone backwards from a style perspective.

Y’all think Kipchoge debuts new shoes this weekend or not?

the rules on shoes have been weird since sara hall was able to wear a proto at the london marathon, but i doubt we'll see something new especially with the lack of leaks.

if anything, we might get to see him wear a new CW

Back
Top Bottom