Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Wore one of my N% to the plate so I swapped the blown rubber up front and hard rubber in back for Vibram megagrip for really fun snow and winter runs. Turned out great and my first run was good. I never lost grip. Even on the ice.

There are about 2-3 mm of foam between the plate and the carbon.
71642908-31BD-43BA-80B2-CB43D3B46A19.jpeg

I used tape to trace the existing outsole to loosely cut out the original shape. I cut out the rubber soled with leather sheers. The vibram outsole was really tough v wanted to stick to everything.
3536F586-921A-46F6-B465-047CBF264FAC.jpeg

I used a heat gun to warm up the outsole and peel them off. I also cut out recessed areas for the vibram logos.
2056242E-D07C-4067-9C9A-94FF41F05B01.jpeg

Then a layer of Barge went on and they cured for half an hour.
7A02CC72-27F7-426A-BFD3-68691D8B26F3.jpeg

I reheated the glue to activate it, assembled the shoes, and used clamps that helped get the outsoles locked down.
39C7D3FB-9D14-4338-8146-973A762AB217.jpeg

After 24 hours, they were ready to go.
63D961D6-A1F7-4B8C-A2E4-6EFF0B1E928E.jpeg

They performed so good and I’m really happy with the results.
10A8D0E7-0CDB-4586-BBDF-58C75698A84B.jpeg
U're a legend!

1smartalec 1smartalec , nice pick up! Regards as well, fast recovery 🙏🏼

So Proto or the fast pack CW?

Last edited:
New pick ups.

7E5EE8FB-45FE-4B5E-995F-51C9F40A0F44.jpeg

I only have one run in the Streakfly but I think I’m going to love them. Hopefully I can grab the other CW next week.

I’ve been running in the Invincible recently and these feel so much more flexible. They remind me of the Peg Turbo but lighter, softer, and faster.

Last edited:
Anyone knows where to get Alphaflys replacement laces.? Those serrated laces would make a nice lace swap to all my running 👟

Those who managed to get streakfly and own Takumi Sen, what are your thoughts on those 2?

Those who managed to get streakfly and own Takumi Sen, what are your thoughts on those 2?
I've got both but due to injuries and other stuff, I haven't run in the Streakfly yet and have put less than 10 miles in the Takumi Sen. Also, I'm not fast, so you can take these observations with a grain of salt. The Takumi Sen is a light, fun, and fast feeling shoe. I really like the bounciness and somewhat firm qualities of Lightstrike Pro and the midsole stability that comes from the lower stack. I can't really feel the non-carbon rods themselves, but between the rods and the rocker, there is a slight propulsive feel. The upper fit out of the box isn't great; it's wider in the toebox (which I like), but narrow at the midfoot/throat due to the way the tongue is stitched (which I don't like). The non-gusseted tongue has a few millimeters of stitching on both the lateral and medial side that I assume is intended to keep it from slipping, but it also makes it hard to get your foot in the shoe and reduces midfoot volume. So I snipped the bit of stitching that attaches the lateral side of the tongue to the upper and it opened up a bit and made it more comfortable. Keeping the medial stitching in place is enough to keep the tongue from sliding. Anyway, the step-in feel of the Streakfly is much better than the Takumi Sen; the upper disappears on your foot and it accomodates wider feet with no issues. Walking around in it, it feels like a better Peg Turbo and I'm really looking forward to actually running in it. However, based on most of the reviews out there, I'm expecting the Takumi to be a better short/mid-distance race option for most people and perhaps a marathon shoe for really light runners with good form. If you could pair the Streakfly upper with the Takumi midsole...you might have a near perfect shoe.

Back
Top Bottom