@nikestore tweeter bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, from what I am reading on twitter, Nike considers even apps such a TweetDeck.

A dude on twitter got through, but Nike told him that TweetDeck was a 3rd party app and was grounds for cancellation.

I don't even know how they would know if somebody is using TweetDeck or similar apps.
they wouldn't.....doesnt even make sense actually.

Apparently, from what I am reading on twitter, Nike considers even apps such a TweetDeck.

A dude on twitter got through, but Nike told him that TweetDeck was a 3rd party app and was grounds for cancellation.

I don't even know how they would know if somebody is using TweetDeck or similar apps.
If you are talking about TLOs - no, not possible.  No information is passed over to the browser when you click a link from TweetDeck.

If you are talking about DMs for RSVPs - yes, possible.  Every app is registered on dev.twitter.com and every app passes their info when they make an API call.  You can see this on TweetDeck for RSVP tweets made by a Niketown - i.e. Nike Digital Wristband.

they wouldn't.....doesnt even make sense actually.
If you are talking about TLOs - no, not possible.  No information is passed over to the browser when you click a link from TweetDeck.

If you are talking about DMs for RSVPs - yes, possible.  Every app is registered on dev.twitter.com and every app passes their info when they make an API call.  You can see this on TweetDeck for RSVP tweets made by a Niketown - i.e. Nike Digital Wristband.
Yeah I am kinda scratching my head.

Not sure why dude would lie about it though.

Oh well

yea but you can set that yourself, you can put mobile web if you want probably, i dont think they'd know the difference

I hit the link at about 7:00:10 and was put in line but my bot grabbed a 10.5 instead of a 10.
It has never done this before. And it was for both the size 9.5 and the size 10 bot I was using.
Is it possible that the creator of the bot changed it to pick up a 10.5 instead of a 10, to make it easier for him to get a 9.5 or 10?

If so what is stopping the creators of these bots, to do this at will when limited releases come around.
And what is the point of paying 100 or 200 for a bot when they can just change it at any time.
The dude that created that chrome extension, auto updated all the sz's so they'd add sz 10.5 no matter what size you had the script as LOL - screwed so many people over - and dude is a niketalk member who created it. @sskarizm - twitter @sskarizma - that was pretty shady but clever at the same time
laugh.gif

I hit the link at about 7:00:10 and was put in line but my bot grabbed a 10.5 instead of a 10.

It has never done this before. And it was for both the size 9.5 and the size 10 bot I was using.

Is it possible that the creator of the bot changed it to pick up a 10.5 instead of a 10, to make it easier for him to get a 9.5 or 10?

If so what is stopping the creators of these bots, to do this at will when limited releases come around.

And what is the point of paying 100 or 200 for a bot when they can just change it at any time.

The dude that created that chrome extension, auto updated all the sz's so they'd add sz 10.5 no matter what size you had the script as LOL - screwed so many people over - and dude is a niketalk member who created it. @sskarizm - twitter @sskarizma - that was pretty shady but clever at the same time :lol:

WOW. THAT IS COLD BLOODED FOR REAL. :lol: :lol:

The dude that created that chrome extension, auto updated all the sz's so they'd add sz 10.5 no matter what size you had the script as LOL - screwed so many people over - and dude is a niketalk member who created it. @sskarizm -
twitter @sskarizma - that was pretty shady but clever at the same time :lol:

thats weak

yea but you can set that yourself, you can put mobile web if you want probably, i dont think they'd know the difference
I'm sure they know the difference.

And you CAN NOT take an application name that has already been taken. (i.e. web, Nike Publisher, TweetDeck, Instagram, Twitter for iPhone, etc.)

So Nike could be filtering certain 3rd party apps for their RSVP service.  

The dude that created that chrome extension, auto updated all the sz's so they'd add sz 10.5 no matter what size you had the script as LOL - screwed so many people over - and dude is a niketalk member who created it. @sskarizm - twitter @sskarizma - that was pretty shady but clever at the same time
laugh.gif
Post his chrome extension code in here.  Let's see if we can fix it so that it doesn't happen again.

Ok. So now if your running a twitter link an auto grabber bot Nike has implemented a " your in line " message to counter act the bots. Is this true????

Ok. So now if your running a twitter link an auto grabber bot Nike has implemented a " your in line " message to counter act the bots. Is this true????
that wouldnt make any logical sense. the bots get you in line faster, so youre good, it dosesnt put you in line to delay your chances and let nonbots walk through. everyone goes in line, bots are faster so theyre in the front. 

The dude that created that chrome extension, auto updated all the sz's so they'd add sz 10.5 no matter what size you had the script as LOL - screwed so many people over - and dude is a niketalk member who created it. @sskarizm - twitter @sskarizma - that was pretty shady but clever at the same time :lol:

sheesh...thats a ignant move

laugh.gif
Has he been back since Saturday? I searched for posts by that username, but I can't find his post when I click on the returned results topics.

sheesh...thats a ignant move

FUNNY THING IS, THAT HIM DOING THAT MADE IT EASIER FOR THOSE NOT USING THAT BOT BECAUSE HE EFFECTIVELY ELIMINATED 2000 PEOPLE FROM THE COMPETITION. THE FACT THAT HE HAS 2000 USERS THOUGH :wow: :wow: . DEPENDING ON WHAT HE IS CHARGING, HE IS EATING GOOD :lol: . PROB GOT LAMBO MONEY NOW :lol:

laugh.gif
Has he been back since Saturday? I searched for posts by that username, but I can't find his post when I click on the returned results topics.
i just got the bot and tried it out on sz12, it added a 12, so i guess hes put it back, no clue if hes back on the site but his twitter has all his info/screen names. 

NOBODY PM ME ABOUT THE BOT

FUNNY THING IS, THAT HIM DOING THAT MADE IT EASIER FOR THOSE NOT USING THAT BOT BECAUSE HE EFFECTIVELY ELIMINATED 2000 PEOPLE FROM THE COMPETITION. THE FACT THAT HE HAS 2000 USERS THOUGH
eek.gif
eek.gif
. DEPENDING ON WHAT HE IS CHARGING, HE IS EATING GOOD
laugh.gif
. PROB GOT LAMBO MONEY NOW
laugh.gif
Its a free chrome extension so that's why so many peeps have it.....and why so many peeps got screwed. You wouldn't bite the hand that's feeding ya, but if you're not getting fed......all is fair in shoes and war. LOL

Last edited:
i just got the bot and tried it out on sz12, it added a 12, so i guess hes put it back, no clue if hes back on the site but his twitter has all his info/screen names. 

NOBODY PM ME ABOUT THE BOT
OBV he updated the extension to work correctly again........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom